Hold your wee for a Wii.

Airwalker

Actually, I have. Something like this happened a few months ago. It was part of some fraternity initiation; they made this guy drink tons and tons of water to see how much he could drink, and he ended up dying.

This happened at CSU Chico, which is only a few hours from Sacramento. The radio station seriously should've known better.

[10:01:20 PM] Arek says: watching a reporrt on hold your wee for a wii

[10:01:21 PM] Arek says: cause

[10:01:25 PM] Arek says: it was a local occurance

[10:01:26 PM] Arek says: -_-

[10:01:29 PM] Atmuh says: this was the craziest first 4 hours ive seen

[10:01:30 PM] Atmuh says: oh

[10:01:31 PM] Arek says: it happend here

[10:01:34 PM] Atmuh says: how local?

[10:01:41 PM] Arek says: about 20 minutes from mmy house local

[10:01:51 PM] Atmuh says: wowza

and ya, that other thing happened at chico

STOP DOING STUPID SHIT YOU FGTS YOU ARE MAKING CENTRAL CALI LOOK REATARDED D:

[10:01:20 PM] Arek says: watching a reporrt on hold your wee for a wii

[10:01:21 PM] Arek says: cause

[10:01:25 PM] Arek says: it was a local occurance

[10:01:26 PM] Arek says: -_-

[10:01:29 PM] Atmuh says: this was the craziest first 4 hours ive seen

[10:01:30 PM] Atmuh says: oh

[10:01:31 PM] Arek says: it happend here

[10:01:34 PM] Atmuh says: how local?

[10:01:41 PM] Arek says: about 20 minutes from mmy house local

[10:01:51 PM] Atmuh says: wowza

and ya, that other thing happened at chico

STOP DOING STUPID SHIT YOU FGTS YOU ARE MAKING CENTRAL CALI LOOK REATARDED D:

Come back to SoCal d00d.

Actually, I have. Something like this happened a few months ago. It was part of some fraternity initiation; they made this guy drink tons and tons of water to see how much he could drink, and he ended up dying.

Alot of the deaths related to taking Ectasy is due to being given too much water to fight of the dehydration

Dude...Arek...

Central California IS retarded. You should know that by now.

Especially the radio stations *vaunted sense of broadcaster overimportance based on regional affiliation and disc-jockey status*

Because KMEL and whatever stupid stations down in the bay are SOOOO much better /sarcasm

ah who am i kidding of course they are

Here's an audio recording from the radio station with the DJs talking about the contest before it took place.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/newsroom/kdndslides/

One DJ speculates that they will throw up the water eventually.

Another basically says "Your body is 98% water, why can't you take in as much as you want?"

They probably a imagined water drinking contest to be the same as those eating lots of solid food, which is the most likely reason they didn't hesitate to hold the event.

I saw something about this today on CNN. I have no idea who it was, but there was this analyst guy on and he said something to the order of: "This was a popular radio station for teens. My daughter listens to it. Now since this happened, you are going to have copycats trying to do this."

How retarded can you be. Even the most suicidal kid will just use a knife. Nobody is going to bother holding in a piss and drinking too much.

Another reason i hate mainstream television news.

Here's an audio recording from the radio station with the DJs talking about the contest before it took place.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/newsroom/kdndslides/

One DJ speculates that they will throw up the water eventually.

Another basically says "Your body is 98% water, why can't you take in as much as you want?"

They probably a imagined water drinking contest to be the same as those eating lots of solid food, which is the most likely reason they didn't hesitate to hold the event.

That was rather disturbing listening to them talk like that.

Sad way to go...could you imagine the guilt those kids will carry the rest of their lives? That's gotta suck.

Anyway apparently 5 djs and 5 other staff members were fired because of the incident according to this article and others that can be easily found on google news:

http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/8725/52/

They'd be lucky if it ended there.

I heard about this. Seriously, who would do that? Yes it's sad but also its pretty stupid to hold it in for a Wii. Just wait a few months when stores get more in stock and you'll be fine.

I'm sure to her it seemed no more harmful than a pie-eating contest. Plus it was free.

Unfortunately, it's not common knowledge that too much water can kill a person.

Edit: Too bad Nintendo didn't call it a Wie... maybe a harmless pie eating contest would have taken place instead. I always knew the name "Wii" was a bad idea. (But a good product!!!)