remix backlog?

Sole Signal

Just curious as to why in the Judges Decisions thread that there are sixteen mixes "To be Posted," some of which are dated August 2006. Is it really that bogged down? I mean, five months is kinda a long time to just sit on someone's HD waiting to be posted.

Some of them are from projects, and cannot be released onto OCR until the project is released, and some DJP just hasn't done a writeup for yet. Especially with the forum switch, its easy to see how DJP got so backed up. He is only human after all.

Some of them are from projects, and cannot be released onto OCR until the project is released, and some DJP just hasn't done a writeup for yet. Especially with the forum switch, its easy to see how DJP got so backed up. He is only human after all.

So all the recent mixes that have been added got approved way back in August? I refer to the "To Be Posted" list here. http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2819

Oh well.

• 2 years later...

One thing I have noticed about the site in my time here is that the remixes posted aren't done in the order they are subbed but seemingly at random... I wondered why this was because some remixes subbed at the same time seem to get posted months between each other.

I just wondered the reason, because it seems to me that if mixes were posted in the order they were subbed, it would even out the waiting times of mixes being posted.

There are a number of reasons why one mix gets posted and another doesn't.

* The mix corresponds with an event or a person - a remixer's birthday, a recent project release, a new product by a remixer (cough), etc.

* Newcomer mix vs. established remixer (could go either way), or an old subbed mix is by a remixer with a lot of recent mixes

* Too many mixes from the same game, in the same style, or using the same source tune

* Dave personally prefers one over another

We've been doing a lot better with the chronological posting than in past years, but exceptions still occur once in awhile for the reasons Andy listed.

And also because he doesn't just do FIFO, like I often bring up. :lol: But an enthusiastic djp posting mixes rather than a one feeling the writeups are a chore means the site continues adding mixes. Let's keep the pretzel happy.

So, technically, if I submitted a remix TODAY and named it "Seven years", it might have a chance to get posted on the 7th of December this year, even though that would mean it would bubble past like 100 other mixes waiting to get posted (provided it got voted on in time, that is)?

Don't be ridiculous. It'd be posted seven years after it was subbed.

Yes, predictable joke. :D

My first mix was posted on my brother's birthday, but that was just strange coincidence. Especially since it was dedicated to my parents for their anniversary.

All in all, the mix postage rate seems to be on the uptrend along with cleaning out the "older" accepted mixes, which I am liking.

Oh, can 'Rhymes' be posted on my birthday? That would be awesome. =P