New Ghostbuster game in the works?

Sir_NutS

I really hope that they make a third number 1 and 2 are some of my favorite movies...

The they would be awesome with todays CG...

Dan Aykroyd actually wrote a third Ghostbusters movie subtitled "Hellbent" but Bill Murray said he didn't want to do Ghostbusters anymore, so they scrapped it.

The new Ectomobile disappoints. I miss the big red fins and the weird siren.

I read awhile back, like a month ago of a relatively new (maybe 3 months old if that? I forget exactly, may be older) script Dan Ackroyd had. Apparently it was everchanging and warping into a new story when he'd hit a bump. Murray sort of caused several obviously and last I checked it was almost like a new Extreme Ghostbusters movie.

What caught my eye is it was Hell something. Not Hellbent which I AM PRETTY SURE was also a script he did.

Unless I am getting them crossed. Anyways. Point is it was about this alternate New York.

Low and behold, that seems to be what the tie-in game (unless I read it wrong) the game studio is developing while they hit legal issues with Sony. This makes me wonder, IF IT IS a tie-in..That confirms what may infact be the plot for the new game. It may be Dan's new Ghostbusters...WHICH makes me think...HEY! MOVIE MAYBE TOO???? HMMM?

I'm wishing so bad right now. =(

What caught my eye is it was Hell something. Not Hellbent which I AM PRETTY SURE was also a script he did.

It may just be a retitled version of Hellbent. Hellbent is about the Ghostbusters' descent into Hell (which happens to be an alternate twisted version of NYC). It was a real script, but Murray decided to move on to otherthings and they forgot about it.

I remember there was a rumor that they were going to do a new Ghostbusters movie about 4 or 5 years ago, with a whole new cast (allegedly including Will Smith as Dr. Venkman).

Should Sony throw a hissy fit and completely refuse to give these guys the Ghostbusters license, I'm sure the game will surface as an original IP. If it was far enough along to make videos, then chances are Zootfly would just redo the character models, replace all the Ghostbusters references with something else, and go from there.

You know, a new game in the "spirit" of the Ghostbusters franchise... so to speak.