Hi! I'm kinda lost already but so what!

Blue Phoenix

Hi! Blue Phoenix comin' in for some mayhem! I've only been here 5 secs and already I've lost all sence of direction! (Tipical me, naf intro's). Anyway... I'm kinda lost but

first of and the most important thing... I'VE NEVER REMIXED BEFORE!!!!

How do you do it? Do you break you kneck at the keypad? Or do you get hypnotised by the computer screen? Or is it one of those things where you end up standing on your back?

Also how do you talk your parents into getting broad band? (for all who doesn't know what that is it's an internet fee you pay at a fixed rate a month) I need it so I can for ever be remixing (when I get the hang of it)!

Plus does any one know where I can get some pieces to remix that haven't been remixed yet? Or even better some requests! I'm burbling aren't I?

oh well... One more crazy kid to add to the pack... MWHHAAAAA!!!!! Let the mayhem begin!:D

Woah, calm down. Two things, this is the wrong forum for questions like this, try the remixing forum. Secondly, don't ask a question as vague as this, read the sticky topics and guides posted in the remixing forum! Then ask more specific questions.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Good luck btw :)

IN BEFORE..... (wow, it didn't lock, newbies luck :P)

Edit: O yeah, keep up then enthusiasm!

Hi! Blue Phoenix comin' in for some mayhem! I've only been here 5 secs and already I've lost all sence of direction! (Tipical me, naf intro's). Anyway... I'm kinda lost but

first of and the most important thing... I'VE NEVER REMIXED BEFORE!!!!

How do you do it? Do you break you kneck at the keypad? Or do you get hypnotised by the computer screen? Or is it one of those things where you end up standing on your back?

That's what the Remixing forum, as linked in the previous post, is for :).

Also how do you talk your parents into getting broad band? (for all who doesn't know what that is it's an internet fee you pay at a fixed rate a month) I need it so I can for ever be remixing (when I get the hang of it)!

Best way is to point out to them that a broadband connection's not only cheaper on average if you use the 'net more than a few hours a month, but it'll also keep their phone line open. And it'll make stuff go faster, even on the cheapest plans you're looking at at least 10 times the speed of dialup.

Plus does any one know where I can get some pieces to remix that haven't been remixed yet? Or even better some requests! I'm burbling aren't I?

oh well... One more crazy kid to add to the pack... MWHHAAAAA!!!!! Let the mayhem begin!:D

We have a ReQuests forum too, where you can see what other people would like to see remixed, or you can post your own suggestions there.

Also, we have a nice little intro thread at the top of this forum, might wanna check it out.

Okay, I'll try to talk them into it... not sure they'll agree cos our bill is realy low... as for the broadband rates they're 10 times as expensize! Hmm... I could always bribe them, but I don't think that will work neither...

I think you miss-read his post. It's definitely not "tens times as expensive", but ten times FASTER (Well ten times greater bandwidth, but whatever). Let's just consider the most basic packages you can get. For example:

AT&T offers a "Basic Package" for just under $15 per month, at speeds of 768 Kbps(about x13 that of dial up), with no extra costs. Did I mention that connection is both stable and constant, unlike dial-up? This also includes a free dial-up account when travelling, and of course email accounts blah blah....

Whereas, AT&T's "Yahoo dial-up" package costs under $10 per month. Now you may think, what's my point, broadband is still more expensive right? Wrong, because this price does not include the costs of the phone calls made when accessing the internet. This tends to cause the real costs to rise to either equal, or easily surpass that of Broadband costs. In addition, there is the inconvenience of taking up the phone line when accessing the internet, a problem that doesn't exist with broadband. The only way to get around this with dial-up is to install an extra line, which is an unwarranted extra cost when the option of broadband is available. You may also say you don't want to bother with the hassle of installation right? Well there is hardly any major installation to consider and most mainstream services will offer an installation service for you if you are still unsure and/or aren't "tech savy".

In reality, the only reason why you shouldn't get broadband is if you live literally in the middle of nowhere so broadband isn't even possible.

Show this to your parents if you want to try to persuade them. Also, I do not endorse AT&T as I don't live in the US, and thus I am unaware of it's reputation or other competitors. Well I can advise one thing about providers no matter the country, avoid AOL.

I think you miss-read his post. It's definitely not "tens times as expensive", but ten times FASTER

Umm... have you ever seen my bill? It comes up to about...

£3.50 in English pounds or $6.87 in American Dollars. Thats under half of the actual price. (and if you haven't worked it out yet I'm from england).

ok so even if your internet costs $6 a month its a much worse deal then paying the $15 hellcom was talking about...

lets see here Broadband = 10xdial up so you would expect to pay $60... but its only 15$.

so its about 4 times better.

Plus it makes downloading much faster... think If you were to DL one CD a month that "pays" for the cost of the internet...

It didn't take much convincing on my part. My previous ISP, IDT.net, gutted their call centers for this region such that the only number I could dial was a Zone 3 number (toll charges apply, even though it's still in the same area code), and since I was on all the time, I ended up accruing massive phone bills on top of the charges for the dialup service.

I ended up going without internet access for a couple of months while waiting for Cox to upgrade the area to HFC in preparation for rolling out Cox@Home service. Once they got that done, dad called them up and we got the full service.

Still with Cox, even though the Excite@Home network died years ago. What kept my parents paying was the speed, after I had networked the house and built additional computers for everyone else to use. It's a basic utility at this point.

Woah there billy boy. Just chill out for a sec ;)

Anyway, even if you are from england there are plenty of broadband isps that cost less than £15. That's surely not something you cannot afford? I dunno, maybe it is. But like they said, its not ESSESNTIAL, but it will help if you can get it. Good luck with that.

Heh, I can't though thats the prob. I have to use the school internet and even then it blocks the uses of Winamp and remixing programs. Also the cheapest Broadband going is just over £20 ($39.50) a month...

You are quite misinformed. I have a mid range connection at £25. You could easily find a lower bandwidth solution below below £20. I have seen packages as low as £8 (although they tend to require a switching of phone providers).