Any composers release a free music pack? Any tips?

Hello! I wanna create a music asset pack of about maybe 20 songs people could use in their games for free ( just have to credit me and link to my YouTube or something ). Mostly just to advertise myself. I was curious if anyone who has released something similar has any tips?? Thanks for reading.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know details, but I know there exists places to publish/purchase loop libraries for this purpose. I'm sure somebody around here can point you in the right direction (and you might have better luck asking on Discord)

I will also pass along some advice that virt once gave me: if you charge nothing, your music is worth nothing. It's fine to release it cheap, but both for yourself and for your fellow musicians it's best if you do at least charge something.

On 4/21/2024 at 8:48 AM, Geoffrey Taucer said:

I will also pass along some advice that virt once gave me: if you charge nothing, your music is worth nothing. It's fine to release it cheap, but both for yourself and for your fellow musicians it's best if you do at least charge something.

hey, virt must know;

on the other hand: if you played a lot of one man game projects released on e.g. iOS, i'm sure you've heard the odd free tune appearing in games over and over. a lot of them are....pretty iffy :P

honestly, i'd get a kick out of hearing some tunes of mine in different amateur-ish games, and seeing how they're being used. it's kind of remix culture in its own way. and one could easily make something catchy, or with a bit more personality than a lot of these creative commons oldies, or whatever license they use.

like, making something kinda generic, but with some twists and a certain trademark sound.

in all likeliness your stuff won't be used for ages, and then at age 50 you suddenly find a little amateur game using a 15 year old tune of yours. it's just a cool idea.