OCR00632 - Zelda II "Temple Trance"

orkybash

• 3 weeks later...

I thought Blind did an awesome job in remixing the temple theme in Zelda 2. Very fast paced with a solid 4/4 beat mixed in with some sweet trance synths, kind of similar to the trance styles of the famous FFMusicDJ.

You've gotta check it out for yourself because I definately recommend it. :)

Okay, let's be honest, yeah, Zelda mixes are done to death, but then again look at the Final Fantasy section, not that it's a bad thing.

This mix in particular from bLiNd is totally chillin'. The wonderful synths used throughout as well as the excellent use of the bass line and drums make this a worthwhile mix to have in anyone's collection.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, i started remixing by adding beats to nes songs, then i started my own work and THEN i made Dream of Zeal and Temple Trance (in the same week actually) So i had quite a bit experience with arrangements and mixing beforehand. Im currently working on the DKC water track just cuz i love that song so much, peace -Jordan

• 1 month later...

This remix truly sets itself apart from the rest of the trance and similarly styled remixes on this board.

Just about all of us use electronics heavily in our remixing, and this technology, I believe, lends itself to creating music in the techno/trance/electonica/etc. styles. Hence, so many of our submissions our based in these styles. Some may also consider it easier to compose in this style, but that's certainly up for debate.

bLiNd's remix is unique in that it shows actual understanding of good trance--a knowledge of dynamics, percussions, effects, timing, and the like. Far beyond the usual 4/4 with some synths, I think bLiNd has paid an enormous amount of attention to detail, and it has resulted in a very rich remix. This piece constitutes a strong effort, and anyone who's familiar with the game or song owes it to themself (or bLiNd, for that matter!) to give this a listen.

Thanks for the good music.

MC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Koji Kondo : 8.5 (Respect the original master)

bLind : 10.0

The winner, bLind!!!!

This would have made the game much more fun and interesting to have THIS track in the game. Is there a way to meld the emulation with custom soundracks? Either way, it's a wonderful mix that comes with much recommendation.

• 3 weeks later...

Being the Zelda nut that I am, I am very critical about Zelda remixes...this is definitely among the best. The fact that I'm not a trancehead and prefer classical compositions is probably why I find the SSBM remix to this one a bit better...but I don't mean to take away from the greatness of this remix. Definitely a fantastic remix!

• 3 months later...

This track slays. Perfect mix. Tons of variety. Great reproduction of a classic BGM in a classic game.

The whole section with the arpeggios starting at 3:25 are freaking money. I can't dance for shite, but I find myself thinking I can when I hear it.

Only one gripe - every so often the trance beat disappears and is replaced with a somewhat lame-sounding rock beat. Kinda makes you scratch your head a bit.

9/10 overall. I really wanted to give this a 10, but I can't stop cringing every time I hear the aforementioned drum gaffe.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

At the 40 second mark through the 45 second mark, it reminds me of the Mad Hatter stage in the Sega Genesis game The Adventures Of Batman & Robin. I really like the sudden quiet at the 45 second mark, but I think it would have been even better if it had that background sound from the Batman game at that exact moment like the way it was done in the Batman game.

• 2 months later...

This is definitely material for the next Smash Bros! I'm not generally into trances and rave stuff cuz I find they are a bit repetitive, but I definitely beg to differ with this one. It offers enough motifs/variations (whatever the word) for a main tune, and that's what keeps its appeal throughout. Awesome, bLiNd!

• 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00632 - Zelda II "Temple Trance"