Zelda: Twilight Princess - Twilight Elegy WIP

The Mute

So here's an idea I was playing around with. Couldn't decide whether I liked it or not. It's a remix of a theme from Twilight Princess... which as far as I know, has no name yet. (I've seen somebody call it 'Midna's Desperate Hour'.) Oh, and some of that stuff toward the end comes from the part when Zelda saves Midna.

Obviously, it's not finished. It just sort of ends at this point. I'm still working on some quality issues too, so try to listen past that. ^^; Faking strings isn't easy, and I don't know about you, but I can be really picky.

Remix:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=222582&songID=4853473

And in case you don't know the original, here's a mock-up:

http://webpages.charter.net/hruff04/Midna.mp3

So... do I keep going? Scrap it? *shrugs*

i didn't perticularly care for the original, and it seems several people have the idea to remix it. i guess my opinion desn't count for much then, but i think it's really a hopeless case to do anything with this song. If you want a good song to mix from TP, IMO, the serenade of water version they used ingame was beautiful. i cried the first time i heard it. I'd like to cry to a remix of it too.

I just finished this game, and I loved the hell out of all the songs. I did like the original song, and listening to it again makes me think that it's really not one of those songs that you can remix to make better. You can cover it, you can copy it, but the song itself is beautiful in it's own right. One that I thought would be cool to cover is the daylight theme from Lake Hylia. The night theme of Hyrule Field also leaves a lot to be played with, although emulating the "vocals" might be difficult. Still, and maybe this is me, i can only just hear the original in the remix. I don't know that it's so bad, but it was something I noticed. Good sound otherwise.