OCR00624 - Zillion "Melodic Trance"

orkybash

Zillion 'Melodic Trance'

This is smoother than U-ji's other mixes. To tell the truth I'm not sure I like it as much, but it's well executed regardless, so if you're into this kind of stuff than you should definitely enjoy this mix. The over-the-top section djp talked about didn't bother me at all - it was probably one of my favorite parts of the mix. Ah well, to each his own. I can't say I really recommend this myself, but some might like it.

• 3 months later...

Mmm, this is a perfect DDR-type song when the synth comes in at the 1:40 mark (time to make a DWI and shorten it!). The part I'm talking about also gives off a Dj Sammy - Heaven vibe. The rest is nice and quiet. Preetttyyyy.

I'd LOVE to dance that synth part in DDR. As the title suggests - very melodic. I think I want to play Zillion now.

• 4 months later...

love the first minute of this. around 0:35, the synth starts to sound late 80s, early 90s synth-pop. even the lead that enters later on doesn’t sound at all like the ones you’ll hear in Melodic Trance tunes of today. it don’t matter though. just goes to show that U-ji can mix up some creative things if he so chooses

• 10 months later...

This song made my evening! I have listened to it at least 8 times by now and I am still digging it. I guess since we had a record hot day today 72 degrees in NC in January and I have my windows open in the dead of winter it just feels so good especially with the breeze flowing in... I really dig the synth and it stays good the whole song through...

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Very interesting take. The trance part is obvious, but it includes some christmas-sounding chimes and piano in the breakdown, which is easily my favorite part. The synths are nice, and there is a really good sounding synth choir. It is clearly synthetic, but the sample is tailored to it's strengths rather than attempting to sound realistic. While i'd prefer a more substantial ending, the shift to just drums is part of the trance genre, and in this case, forgivable.

I thought the synth acoustic guitar was a little too dry, but that's picking nits.

I wish there was more of the breakdown sprinkled throughout though.

Enjoyable and uplifting.

• 1 year later...

A nice happy trance track. Not something you hear often, but a welcome change of pace. I couldn't stay focused for the entire track, which isn't necesarily a bad thing. It doesn't lend itself to be something I have to really listen to without doing anything else. Something great to exercise to, as mentioned above. Overall an enjoyable track.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00624 - Zillion "Melodic Trance"