Guitar Hero 3 Songlists

Brew

Hey all.

Not sure if anyone here has been following the official Guitar Hero forums, but there's an entire forum dedicated to suggestions for GH3.

I put in my support for Little Mac's Confession (i SOOOOO want to play this song in co-op Band Mode), but if anyone's got a speific song you think should be in there, go for it.

(my post: http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=13413 )

Heh, I love how the discussion switched to Buckethead within three replies.

I've been mulling around in my mind the idea of an OCR project for a PC GH-clone game that I play. It's just an idea, but I would absolutely include that remix in the setlist, with Game Over's permission.

You mean Frets on Fire? That would be an awesome project.

You mean Frets on Fire? That would be an awesome project.

That's the one. There is another project on the FoF forums right now to release a song pack as professionally done as possible (all difficulties, labels, previews, the whole nine yards), so I have the idea to do the same thing with OCReMixes. Think about it: we have, for the most part, direct access to the remixers. Instead of trying the best we can to drop out the guitar from the song for the background track, we can just get the clean guitar and song parts from the artists themselves. I already have such a solo guitar and song part for EvilHorde's Hangarmageddon, and I'm sure a lot of others would be happy to contribute.

People could be playing OCR songs in Guitar Hero sooner than you think, it's now relatively easy to make note chats and hack songs into the game and as Murmeli pointed out there's a good chance that the masters of OCR songs could be made available to play.

I'm currently making the note chart for Goat's "Rush'n Attack - Purple Heart" to be loaded into the game via Guitar Hero Explorer. Hopefully he'll be gracious enough to make the individual guitar tracks available, if not I'll be happy playing with the mp3.

If you want more info about custom songs www.scorehero.com is the place to go.

That's the one. There is another project on the FoF forums right now to release a song pack as professionally done as possible (all difficulties, labels, previews, the whole nine yards), so I have the idea to do the same thing with OCReMixes. Think about it: we have, for the most part, direct access to the remixers. Instead of trying the best we can to drop out the guitar from the song for the background track, we can just get the clean guitar and song parts from the artists themselves. I already have such a solo guitar and song part for EvilHorde's Hangarmageddon, and I'm sure a lot of others would be happy to contribute.

Hell, I'd be all over that. FoF is tiding me over to GH2 for 360, and I'll probably still play it afterward for the community's songs. (hopefully the 360 guitar is wired so we can use that with FoF - never thought I'd be decrying wireless)

But yeah - OCR on FoF... I'm pretty sure I've seen some random ones floating around (or I could be delusional). Seriously, get goat, EvilHorde, Snappleman, etc. on board and this could be epic.

But yeah - OCR on FoF... I'm pretty sure I've seen some random ones floating around (or I could be delusional). Seriously, get goat, EvilHorde, Snappleman, etc. on board and this could be epic.

I've seen The Alternate Route by ParagonX9...for some reason, but that's about it (it wasn't even credited to him...sigh...). I've also seen Vampire Killer from Castlevania...not a remix, but the ORIGINAL NES TRACK. UGH. Not to mention neither of those songs had settings under Amazing. This needs to be changed, and I think an OCR FoF pack can do that.

Heh, I love how the discussion switched to Buckethead within three replies.

I've been mulling around in my mind the idea of an OCR project for a PC GH-clone game that I play. It's just an idea, but I would absolutely include that remix in the setlist, with Game Over's permission.

every conversation should turn to a buckethead one ^_^

I want to see "Don't Fear the Reaper" just to play it while using the grim reaper character. Aside from that; more Queen and possibly something from Rolling Stones (If anybody has Get Your Ya Yas Out, I think the live version of Sympathy for the Devil would work).

I would like to hear a rockin' version of megaman 2's opening in a GH game, but it won't ever happen. Hearing "otherworld" from FFX in a GH game would be gnarly. I'll put mine in list form;

1. The raconteurs- Broken boy soldiers.

2. Incubus- Light grenades

3. Muse- Knights of cydonia

4. The Zutons- Tired of hanging around

5. The Strokes- heart in a cage

5. something from beck, Loser maybe.

6. Bloc Party- helicopter (would be fucking hard)

7. Daft punk- aerodynamic (again, probably top tier) i know this is mostly techno dance stuff, but it could be retooled like the freezepop songs were.

8. Eagles of death metal- shasta beast/eagles goth

9. john mayer trio- who did you think i was

10. kings of leon= pistol of fire.

11. marilyn manson (probably wouldn't be included to keep the T rating or whatever) anti christ super star/angel with the scabbed wings.

12. offspring- self esteem

13. queens of the stoneage- broken box

14. a sahara hotnights song (too lazy to pick one)

15. the darkness- love on the rocks with no ice

16. the distillers- drain the blood

17. the donnas- please don't tease.

18. the strokes- reptilia

19. the vines- outta the way

20. the von bondies- cmon cmon.

21. third eye blind- london

22. u2- sunday bloody sunday (though its more of a drum hero song)

23. van halen- beautiful girls

24. weezer- hash pipe

Wow that took forever, but that would probably be an ideal game for me. ^_^

Such as....

well maybe the Halo theme...

But I cant think of any good songs as they stand w/o remixing, I would like to hear some suggestions.

well, specifically I was thinking of OCR songs. I mean, its easy enough to get in touch with the composer, although I'm sure licensing from the title owner would be a little trickier. Since GH a video game itself, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be willing to play along, not to mention the inherent advertising a game like this provides. Its like a record contract practically.

Personally, I'd love to hear Little Mac's Confession, as I said way up at the top. I'd like to hear perhaps some Castlevania remixes, definitely some DOOM remixes (especially E1M1, DOOM 1). Hell, I wouldn't mind playing that Q-bert remix.. its got both a bassline and a guitar portion.

Speaking of basslines, a band I would love to hear something from in GH3 is Cake. Anything but "The Distance", really (due to overplay on the radio). Maybe "Never There"? No, "Satan is my Motor". Or "Sheep go to Heaven". It would probably be an upper tier song, on the easier side, but still fun to play.