Guitar Hero 3 Songlists

Brew

Sonata Arctica and Iron Maiden, please.

how about some einherjer, symphony x, dragonforce, rhaposody,concerto moon, and a side order of dream evil and mercenary to go with that

This game is totally lame and non fun and I suck at it lol

But for a game called guitar hero it sure lacks the things that make up guitar heroes.

cacophony speed metal symphony

Death- trapped in a corner

Jason becker- perpetual burn

Yngwie malmsteen- Black star

Michael angelo batio- no boundries

Marty friedman- Dragons kiss

Dream theater- overture of 1912

Van halen- eruption

Dethklock- jingle hell

Ozzy- diary of a madman

Necrophagist- onset of putrefaction

Steve vai-for the love of god

Buckethead- enter the chicken

Jimmy hendrix- Little wing

Shane gibsons- Emo village pillage (lmfao none of those guys can play that song they would have to hire him 250 bpm sweeps )

lol there is a game right there.

This game is totally lame and non fun and I suck at it lol But for a game called guitar hero it sure lacks the things that make up guitar heroes.

Too bad your list has A: songs by nobodies, and B: bands like ozzy, dethklok, hendrix and van halen who had better songs in Guitar Hero than in your selection. As for DragonForce, they're good, but why have their songs in the game when NOBODY will ever be able to friggin play them? It defeats the purpose.

Don't worry, though. Neversoft's taking over the series, so you'll have plenty of great emo and skater punk music to play.

...just so you know, I'm not being serious, but damnit, don't trash my favorite game.

It's kind of sad that most people besides Walan are totally missing the point of this thread. This isn't a favorites thread (hoshit, lookit the mods run). Certain songs work well this GH and FoF, and some just don't. Yeah, sure, DragonForce and Malmsteen are amazing guitarists, but they don't fit well into the gameplay (impossible solos, anyone?)...

Well, actually, I don't feel like ranting a whole bunch about how you guys don't get it. Continue on.

Also, OCR FoF thread needs to be created. I'd be really excited about that.

Also, OCR FoF thread needs to be created. I'd be really excited about that.

I think I've gotten enough interest that I'll continue with the idea. Within the next few weeks, I'll create a formal interest and song suggestion thread. Then I'll take the suggestions and ask the remixers. When I have the song parts, I'll look for fretters and label artists. Then I'll throw it all together, look for a website designer, and ask djp about releasing it on OCR.

I even came up with a name for the project: OverClocked Hero.

Too bad your list has A: songs by nobodies, and B: bands like ozzy, dethklok, hendrix and van halen who had better songs in Guitar Hero than in your selection. As for DragonForce, they're good, but why have their songs in the game when NOBODY will ever be able to friggin play them? It defeats the purpose.

Don't worry, though. Neversoft's taking over the series, so you'll have plenty of great emo and skater punk music to play.

...just so you know, I'm not being serious, but damnit, don't trash my favorite game.

lol I actually got on mtv because I did guitar work on a some cartoon that had something to do with it lol. So I don't hate it , I just think it needs some real guitar heroes. Although those guys did not play every song correctly either, and the vocals sound terrible on certain songs. There is a lot of improvement to be had I know they can't recreate those songs I listed, They would need to hire more expensive musicians.

But look at in my view lol. I have spent like 100s of hours at least trying to master jason beckers serrana arpeggios some of the hardest arpeggios ever made, maybe I would like to play a game where I can just hit a few buttons and Pretend for a moment that I am totally owning that song lol.

But for the tracks on there, it would be fun if I could plug in my guitar and take on people with the guitar controller.

I added this in here but if anybody likes shred, this is my friend shane rocking out for the namm tour If you think dragon force is good you have no idea lol this will probably explode your mind ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3vD6CxVdjo

I want to play midee and prozax's "Tactile Freefall" in Guitar Hero. Also "Dream Racing" from Mario Kart 64. If I could just have those, that'd be super great. Oh, and every song from metroidmetal.com. :D

Oh, and as far as non-videogame music goes, I think it'd be awesome to have Classical Gas in Guitar Hero 3. There's not much GH love for the acoustic scene, that I can tell. Haven't played through GH2 yet, so I dunno if they included any there...

How about a GOOD Metallica song?

I would like to see the entire Rust in Peace album for GH3.

I wonder if they could get any tracks from Guitar Freaks?

Define "good Metallica". I picked Disposable Heroes because the riffs on it would be perfect for Guitar Hero. But, what do you think?

Define "good Metallica". I picked Disposable Heroes because the riffs on it would be perfect for Guitar Hero. But, what do you think?

From Master of Puppets it would be Battery, Master of Puppets or Orion. I know Orion would be great for bass playing. Though I'd personally love to see just about anything off of Ride the Lightning, particularly the title track.

Though the only problem with Metallica is that they repeat alot of riffs that could get repetitive quick. I know there are some songs like that in the other two GH games and man is it boring sometimes to play those. Such a chore.

From Master of Puppets it would be Battery, Master of Puppets or Orion. I know Orion would be great for bass playing. Though I'd personally love to see just about anything off of Ride the Lightning, particularly the title track.

Though the only problem with Metallica is that they repeat alot of riffs that could get repetitive quick. I know there are some songs like that in the other two GH games and man is it boring sometimes to play those. Such a chore.

the four horsemen, creeping death, sanitarium and everything of st. anger jk lol any of you can pick up a real guitar thrash around on it and play those songs better probably lol.

Oh by the way you have an awesome first name man

• 9 months later...

I'm still holding my breath for "Fiddle Hero."

But in all seriousness Guitar Hero III looks like it could be good filler until Rock Band comes out. Don't get me wrong, I still like Guitar Hero but I neeeeeeeed those drums. I am much better at that then Guitar. I think it's cause my pinky finger isn't as flexible as it should be.

Plus I am lazy.

the ps2 version is online already

too bad i sold my ps2 guitar :[

note: i sold it because i got the 360 version for nothing, as my sig says

also ps2 version comes with wireless guitar as well

Still no Downloadable Content because there's no way to regulate it on the PS2

but it may just so happen that you don't care about that stuff and if that's the case well then more power to you

but if you do then don't fret, you're in the good

I might buy this for the Wii, but I dunno. GH is kind of expensive, right?

What I would like to see in the game most would be some Protest the Hero (damn good band!). I also think that it is really cool that they are throwing the song Carcinogen Crush by AFI in as a downloadable/unlockable. That band has always been one of my favorites.

Oh yes, the inclusion of Dragonforce in the game is awesome too.

Think of it as investing in the future? Eventually they'll stop making PS2 versions and you'll be left hanging if you want a new one.

Very good point...

It's really a question of do I want to play 1, 2 and 3 on a PS2, or get if for 360, and get future games.

I don't own any of them, but I like cheap: and older ps2 games are cheaper than new ones in a couple years.