Guitar Hero 3 Songlists

Brew

Oooh, a Guitar Hero thread! This is my kind of deal right here, and I am VERY eagerly awaiting part III. I play and love GH1, GH2, and GH80's, although I'm horrible at GH1 because of the crappy hammeron-pulloff system. I even bought a 360 just for the 360 version of GH2, although thanks to DLC, and other good 360 games, I don't regret that at all.

I should also plug www.scorehero.com, if you all don't already know about it, as it kicks the ass of the official forums, and GameFAQs forums. It also is a score tracking/ranking site.

If anyone cares at all, http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=7219&game=3&diff=4 are my scores for 360 GH2. My 80's scores are there too, but I don't play that as much, as well as the PS2 GH2, but I haven't played that since April 3rd.

I might buy this for the Wii, but I dunno. GH is kind of expensive, right?

What I would like to see in the game most would be some Protest the Hero (damn good band!). I also think that it is really cool that they are throwing the song Carcinogen Crush by AFI in as a downloadable/unlockable. That band has always been one of my favorites.

Oh yes, the inclusion of Dragonforce in the game is awesome too.

Protest the Hero sucks major ass. Not to mention, they were incredibly lame live and garnered the hate of all of the metalheads there when they threw shit at the audience. I was considering throwing all of the loose change from my pocket at them for that bullshit.

Speaking of score hero. Has any one used custom charts and songs? Or even better made them?

Cause there are quite a few OCR tracks id like on GH.

I've made a couple, actually.

and
Plus I did
which I'm rather proud of. Though those videos are a bit outdated...

Somebody else made Zelda 64 "SoS" and virt's Contra Megamix.

Thinkin' about Prot's MegaMan X "Brainsick Metal" next time I do something from OCR.

I must say, there is a bit too much screamo crap on the list, but there's still some good stuff on there. I'll just skip the screamo.

I thought the same thing... then I went on youtube to listen to all the songs I couldn't identify and as it turns out, there's only about 3 or 4 emo/screamo songs on there.

Still plenty of "meh" tracks. GH3 has more tracks with wide appeal to your average every-day person who couldn't tell you a single thing about music that's not on the 8AM radio, but a game designed around playing the guitar shouldn't be about "popular music" so much as it should be about "fucking amazing, dynamic music with excellent guitaring" and so it makes me kind of sad to see.

Happy about the inclusion of In Flames and Killswitch Engage though. Still needs more Maiden and good metal in general.

By the way, everyone should check

. Wicked progressive rock that deserves some huge props. Song designed specifically for GH3.

Protest the Hero sucks major ass. Not to mention, they were incredibly lame live and garnered the hate of all of the metalheads there when they threw shit at the audience. I was considering throwing all of the loose change from my pocket at them for that bullshit.

Mmkay then...

I have never seen the band live, and probably most likely never will. From the music I have heard from them, I really liked. I mentioned the band just because I found that they had some sweet-sounding guitarring, that I thought would be interesting to play in the game.

Beat up the demo on Monday. It's kinda strange, the difference in the timing. Gave me major problems on The Metal, which is a song I would have destroyed on Guitar Hero II, though once I got more used to it, I 99%ed Lay Down. Actually, it said I did 100%, but I definitely missed notes, so that's weird.

All that having been said, I am majorly excited about this game. Hot damn. Evenflow? ONE? THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA?!? Freakin' awesome.

This might sound as blasphemy, but i've never played a Guitar Hero before, due to the lack of a PS2 or Xbox.

I've got a Wii....Should i bother?

Yes. If you have a Blockbuster near you, they've been known to rent copies of the game and guitar controllers, so you can try that first if you want to be sure of the investment.

But yes, you should bother.

I'm pretty torn on which version to buy...on the one hand, I could use the PS2 guitar for GH1/2 as well as Freetar/FoF. On the other hand, not having online play is kind of a dealbreaker. :'(

I'm in the same boat.

I think I am gonna go for the 360 version though.

Because I would like to be able to download some new songs, and is on it's way out.

I support 360 enough (even though I don't own one).