For those of you who are fans of 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Barnsalot

"HBO has acquired the rights to turn George R.R. Martin's bestselling fantasy series "A Song of Fire & Ice" into a dramatic series to be written and exec produced by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss."

Here's the article:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957532.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

I have faith in it. HBO usually doesn't dish out anything subpar.

Amazing news. This is the best thing that could possibly happen for "A Song of Ice & Fire". I will subscribe to HBO just for this. Normally I just rent the shows on DVD. Let's just hope HBO viewers are open to fantasy and will actually watch it. I can imagine people scoffing at it, thinking that anything fantasy or science fiction is below HBO's standards. It would be a shame to see the show cancelled after one or two seasons. One thing that worries me is that GRRM is not finished with the series. Will he write his final two books with the show in the back of his mind? Will he compromise the story to make it easier to film later on or more appropriate for a television audience? I believe he has the integrity to avoid that but it is possible.

What I don't understand is, Martin isn't finished writing the series, so how are they going to continue with the story? Are they just going up to A Feast for Crows and waiting?

Martin is very nearly done with book 5 and it will be out before the HBO series starts. The show is going to be 1 book per season, so Martin will have at least 5 years to complete the last 2 books in the cycle.