PRC86: Holy Legendary Sword, Batman! (Secret of Mana) [Results]

Rexy

The mixing stage is over. The voting stage has begun! What you do is send me a PM containing your ranking of the mixes from first to sixth. Contestants don't need to place their own works as they automatically get a first place vote. The winner of PRC85 (Another Soundscape) has votes counted twice. You have until Tuesday, January 30th at 4:59AM EST to make your vote. The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC87!

RAR Archive

Legibles

Anorak - Welcome to Globetrotter U

avaris - Salamando Madango

Nario - Dancing Mad Animals

Rexy - Resurrection of Monsters

Villainelle - Mycology

xela - Attack of the Animals

Inellegibles

Another Soundscape - Animal Cruelty

The People's Remix Competition 86

PRCv4-8

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition! PRC85 had one of the cutest source tunes I have seen in a while via a song from Little Samson, and in the end came out a horrific - in a good way - industrial mix from newcomer Another Soundscape, complete with vocals from Kholdstare, take the first place prize.

For this week's PRC, he's picked a fun source for us to mess around with. I see it to be really different to experiment with than most things, but luckily for us, it's a song from a popular game within the RPG community. Are you ready to seal some Mana Seeds?

prc86.gif

I chose this song because when I started playing Secret of Mana again a while back it struck me how good this tune is even though it's so short. Also I'm interested in hearing what the remixers can do with the percussion and drums for this ReMix. I've just recently opened my eyes to drums and what you can do with it so I look forward to many interesting ReMixes. Good luck everyone!"

Secret of Mana - Dancing Animals

MIDI | MP3 | SPC

I hope this will encourage Liontamer to play the game for longer than 20 minutes (quoted from VG Frequency 84). But enough thoughts about things that might not happen - I say we get cracking on and seeing what kind of results would come out of this.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. There is no limit on entry format or file size, but length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in this thread by NEXT SATURDAY, January 27th at 4:59am Eastern US Time. Alternatively, you can also email your submissions over to submission@doulifee.com, though it would also help if you put forward a reminder in the thread.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. The winner of the previous contest may not enter an eligible mix, but his/her vote will count double.
  7. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifée's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifée, and we'll help you out.

Entries must be posted in this thread by NEXT SATURDAY, December 27th at 4:59am Eastern US Time. <---haha

Even with the 11 month deadline, i still dont see many entries coming out of this one....

It's even more than 11 months, 27 december will fall on a saturday for the first time next year, so 23 months.