PRC86: Holy Legendary Sword, Batman! (Secret of Mana) [Results]

Rexy

I'm new to the contest, so don't flame me. :) Nonetheless, I just wanted to join in on the fun because I realized how I didn't have time to make a song for any of the competitions at The Shizz and OverLooked ReMiX, so I come here. Never playing Secret of Mana before, I find making this remix to be interesting. Making a song of nothing but "black keys" was really neat and, although it is quite repetitive, I hope you all enjoy listening to this whilst doing homework or just casually when not judging it. Enjoy.

1q9zk

And if that doesn't work for some reason, then click here

What can we say? Money makes the world go round :D

We have just over 24 hours left to get entries in. If you have anything, get cracking on it! It's interesting that we have four and a bonus by this stage, so I congratulate the peeps that came through so far.

I've got an entry coming; I just need to layer my acoustic guitar into the mix.

I've done my song too. Just need to title it and put it on the webspace. Before anyone asks when they hear it, the guitar parts didn't work so I layered down a harpsichord instead.

Providing I'll find time tonight, that's what I'll be doing so that I don't face strain tomorrow other than getting the RAR together. With that said, get cracking - there's only 13 hours left! **Ba-dump. Ba-dump.**

The mixing stage is over. The voting stage has begun! What you do is send me a PM containing your ranking of the mixes from first to sixth. Contestants don't need to place their own works as they automatically get a first place vote. The winner of PRC85 (Another Soundscape) has votes counted twice. You have until Tuesday, January 30th at 4:59AM EST to make your vote. The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC87!

RAR Archive

Legibles

Anorak - Welcome to Globetrotter U

avaris - Salamando Madango

Nario - Dancing Mad Animals

Rexy - Resurrection of Monsters

Villainelle - Mycology

xela - Attack of the Animals

Inellegibles

Another Soundscape - Animal Cruelty

Wow, you guys are really quiet voters. :P

There's 10 hours and 30 minutes remaining if you need to cast your vote and/or fix anything. What can I say? Hop to it.

Also, someone make me a mod so I can actually edit these stupid topic titles. I don't even know who did the routine for me in PRC85, but to be frank, this time without the power to edit the actual topic title is starting to get a little bit annoying.

Right, it's now time to cast the results. As I said, I can't believe how quiet some of you were!

Total number of mixes - 6

Total number of votes - 9 (you guys are still pathetic @.@)

Highest possible score - 54

Anorak finished in last place with 19 points.

xela made his way to fifth place with 22 points.

Nario achieved a surprising fourth place finish with 29 points.

avaris followed on by reaching third place with 34 points.

Villainelle started her (is it a her?) time in the PRC with a second place finish, obtaining 44 points.

And the winner of PRC86 is Rexy with 46 points!

Great, once again I'm going to be the one picking a source tune. No worries, I've got ideas circulating. I'll make sure to make PRC87 a good one.

Also, you can all slap me on the back for the whole ORC announcement from the last PRC. TO told me it would start up again, but I haven't heard much back yet. So yes, please cut some slack. o_O

Regardless, I hope to see you all again for PRC87. Be here by Friday at Noon board time.

Nice compo everyone!

Xela I actually really really liked your remix. :) I'd take the quality over quantity any day.

All around their were some cool ideas in each remix, albeit this being a wicked hard source tune to work with. Kudos to AS for the best/worst song title depending on your views.

Wish we woulda had more votes since the battle for first yet again, could be changed with one vote.

Nice compo everyone!

Xela I actually really really liked your remix. :) I'd take the quality over quantity any day.

heh, thanks avaris. Yet again I lost track of time and forgot to vote.

Great source AS and congrats Rexy.

Ah well, at least I did better than I did in PRC 69. X3