OCR00618 - Metroid "Secrets"

orkybash

Metroid 'Secrets'

Takes a long time (almost 1:20) to really get going, and even after that I can't say this mix was all that interesting. The same riff gets repeated over and over and over, sometimes by a beepy NES-type synth, sometimes by a low saw-wave synth, and sometimes by both. Then there's a drum loop that, though it drops out quite frequently, repeats the same thing the entire time it's going. All of these elements are combined in different ways throughout the mix, but Main Finger doesn't put forth the effort to change any of them up. So sorry, but this remix really ain't that special, or even very interesting.

• 1 month later...

lol! Yup, that's my remix I made over a year ago. Honestly, I agree with you about everything you said. The mix really isnt anything special. I admit, I suck, it's just kinda fun to make music and even funner when you can get a proffesional site like this to post it^_^ I think my newer stuff is a lot better, but none of that is really that special either =P I dont even have any dj equipment, I just used Fruity Loops 3 to make it. Oh well, at least there's a lot you can do with that program^_^

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I always thought this was crap. That is, until today when I listened to it again and, for some reason, I absolutely fell in love with those quarter note "BANG BANG BANG"s present at 0:37-0:38, then continuing for the rest of the mix. It still has that "crap" quality to it, but I could just imagine the funniness in playing DDR to this song: using 3 jumps, one for each bang, constantly throughout the mix. The thought of someone jumping like a mofo to this cracks me up. At 3:17 the bass seems to be dropped on each bang, in which, while creating a difference in the song it very much needed, got rid of the enjoyment factor.

3 cheers for cheesy songs!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

i live off of bass and any song with bass as its main course makes me happy, although i have read that its attributed to the vibration releasing adreniline into your body slowly addicting you to bass.

this song made my downsatirs neighbers hit the celing with a broom, so it gets 6/10 cause i reserve 10 for a handful of people.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually, even from the early days, I thought this was kind of a beautiful melody, and I wondered why Hip Tanaka never went anywhere else with it...

It was featured here and there, re-used in Super Metroid, and later appearing in the ending theme. I dunno, but I think the composer for Metroid 2 tried to do something like it for the title theme.

GREAT elaboration on this strange tune. I think you could have extended it even further. I started getting ideas myself. Too bad I'm not a remixer... Kudos.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, there is an incredibly Huge contrast of sounds here. What and all with the bass and percussion. :shock:

It reminds me of the conversation from Encounters of the Third Kind mixed with a level from Battletoads from the NES.

Also, the melody buried so deep in there its not even really that funny.

Over all I rate it a solid "meh" :|

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00618 - Metroid "Secrets"