Xiaoyu Beat Me Down Rematch Mix (Tekken Tag)

Sir_NutS

http://www.sirnuts.com/Music/Sir_NutS-Xiaoyu_Beat_Me_Down(Rematch_Mix).mp3

Some of you who have been here long enough might remember this from The IronMix Competition #13 (AKA IMC). I lost the remix I made for it, but now I downloaded it from the IMC Recollection thread and decided to give it a facelift. The Competition I made this for ran in 2003 so this mix is very old, so the actual arrangement isn't something as impressive now, but I beefed it up and sounds better.

Anyways this is a bit on he house side, but it has a lot of power and hard trance elements. Hope you all enjoy it, and forgive the outdated structure =)

For reference, the original remix is here:

http://www.kylejcrb.com/mirrors/IronMixChallenge/IMC/Contest_13_-_I_Find_Xiaoyu_Attractive/Sir_Nuts_-_Xiaoyu_Beat_Me_Down.mp3

I like what I hear, and the house/trance combo is nice, something I only imagine you intended to add for the new version, right? It gives it more of a prog-trance feel. You mixed this damn loud too, I had to turn the volume way below my usual listening level.

Although you mainly talked about improving the sounds, will you work on the arrangement more?

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you liked it.

Yes the volume is VERY loud. I might do some mastering later and upload a softer version. About the arrangement, I don't think I'll change it much, I already did change some of it, and I don't want it to feel different from the original in this aspect. This is more for people who liked the original and wanted a better sounding version ;)

Also I forgot to mention I did this with fruityloops 3 back then, and since I lost the flp I had to start from scratch on Reason, making sounds that sounded alike but better. I had a lot of fun doing it :)

I shall download and listen when I get home from work today.

I too remember the original. I also remember the one with my crappy vocals. ;P Maybe that should be included in the IMC thread, in exchange for my lack of a turtlemix. Hmm.

Lol I looked for that one but didn't find it, and the vocals are still in my head when I listen to the original. But hey, at least your voice is in one OCR ;)