OCR00614 - Mega Man 2 "Wily's Mosh Pit"

orkybash

• 1 month later...

Not quite moshible but pretty good. I like this but I don't see what sets it apart from all the other megaman 2 remixes. If the guitars were deeper and had a more hardcore/death metalish feel to them then I would have dug this piece alot more and would actually have gotten up and thrashed around my room but the feel just wasn't there, had the potential but it's the "pussyness" of the guitars that turned me off from this song. I'm not saying the guitars weren't well done but they just don't have to right tone for my liking.

Well done and has some nice aspects but I can't start a moshpit off this.

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, LOVE this track. Love it. Did I mention I love it? 'Cause it's fan-fucking-tastic. This was my favorite tune from Mega Man 2 and Steve's done a KICK-ASS rendition of it. He even threw in the title screen theme! How cool is that! If anybody out there likes Mega Man 2, and I think you do, download this track NOW!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Kryptik is right. The bass is off at some points and also the guitar, except not as often.

Which part? The bass and drums were tracked, so I guarantee you they're not off timing-wise. and the bassline is my own, in the same key as the rest of it, so there aren't going to be any wrong notes when compared to the original.

-steve

(I play tuned half-step down so I noted this as I play it)

I think it was: The bass play D when the guitars plays C# (then E and A). The bass in the original plays C#.

I'm not absolutely positive with the details as I would have to download it again to check it out, but I think that was it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I liked this one alot. I went on a craze yesterday and ownloaded every wily mix i could find and this one definately ranks in as my favorite, though, from a very different kind of persepective wily's wedding is awesome too.

There's definately some great stuff going on in this song. It s another great song for me to jam to in the car.

• 1 month later...

If I had any talent... this is exactly what I would have done! It's like damn, this guy read my mind and did exactly what I wanted! I always imagined these two songs played together with a heavy metal style.

I loved Project X's remix of the title track... and I thought their Wily's castle remix was good and an interesting translation, but it wasn't what I had hoped... this one, however delivers... nice going, Steve Pordon!

I now only wish I could hear it done this way played by a full band rather than synthed...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Great mix!!!! There are several mixes of this song, but this one has to be my favorite!

As fast and as hard as this rocks, I still find myself upping the playspeed to 200 bpm, though. A (kinda) small difference, but to me it makes all the difference. I swear, I'm gonna give myself a seziure/heart attack they way I listen to this stuff. :D

Keep up the good work! :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Even if I´m very disturbed of the ridiculously many Wily remixes, it´s still good that there are some that tries it in other directions. Steve is one of them.

Begins actually very calm, since the basssynth is the only thing playing, but then the electric guitar kicks in. The madness has begun.

As for a typhical rock remix, this one was a very decent one. It had its precious guitarplay along with it´s drumtrack and bass, and in some places it sounded great together, but at some point the bass didn´t fit, and it didn´t change much either, even when the melody changed it was mostly the same, no pauses or something to variate this mix.

But within every darkness there´s a light, and in this case it was the guitarsolo that began at 1:57, that one was awesome.

Rock on Pordon, you obviously already know how.

• 2 years later...

I didn't like this mix. The bass booms right through and smothers the guitars, which are not defined wide enough. And the bassline is repetitive and throws the harmony off at one point (didn't check which exactly). I lost interest and didn't make it to the solo that people talk about. Or maybe I didn't hear it, I can't up the volume without disturbing my neighbors because there's too much bass. As far as I could hear, the guitars were replicating the original notes, minus the expressivity. The lead guitar sound is flat and the performance lacks harmonics, tremolo and/or vibrato. Sorry. :(

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00614 - Mega Man 2 "Wily's Mosh Pit"