-Gears of War

-Blue Dragon

-Lost Planet

-Xbox Live Arcade

-Lost Odyssey

Fixed.

Fixed again.

EDIT:

They could still be saying that they aren't making a 360 version because they could be under some agreement with Sony not to talk about it.

Fix'd too.

NHL 2007 and Gears of War definitely take up way more of my time then I'd like them to. BTW, is Dead or Alive 4 the only fighting game out for the system currently?

The only good one that I can think of.

Oooh. Virtua Fighter 5 now coming to 360 also: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/752/752074p1.html

I think the japanese are realizing they aren't going to make much money keeping things on the PS3 only. The western market is just too big. Here's hoping the rumors that MGS4 is coming to 360 also is true!

Nope, totally and completely dismissed by both Kojima and Konami.

Do you have a link?

They could still be saying that they aren't making a PS3 version because they could be under some agreement with Sony not to talk about it.

I read that Kojima was being forced by Konami execs to make the port. It will be hard to make a profit on this multi million dollar game when there won't be that many PS3's out there even a year from now. It's kinda like how Capcom forced a PS2 Resident Evil port.

I wouldn't be surprised if the MGS4 port came 6-12 months later.

Yeah, just like 1, 2 and 3 had re-editions (and 1 had a GC version and 2 had a Xbox version), it's likely that 4 will have a revision edition too.

And it's also possible that it will come out on the 360. Nevertheless, I can't give you a link, I don't remember where I found it, but it's been on several of the main media outlets.

So, the fact that it will be a PS3-only game is pretty much set in stone. Of course, sly, sly Kojima hasn't said anything about the reeditions, so it's still pretty open.

Still, you have to take one major factor into consideration: MGS tends to be a graphically powerful game. Maybe it will utilize the PS3's powerful capabilites to create gameplay mechanics based on that powerful graphical prowess. Which means a 360 version would, undoubtedly, be toned down.

I hope that price drop is in early January...I have this 25% off total TRU purchase I want to use, and the coupon is stackable.

If you buy a 360 at Toys R Us this holiday season, you get a $100 TRU gift card.

Does this require a coupon?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the deal at CAG. Holy shit, I'm going to pick that up tomorrow or Saturday then.

Edit #2: And thanks :oops:

I think the microtransactions as a problem is blown out of proportions. Equating it with "rape"? What? Though I can see how it could be such with Gran Turismo for the PS3 which was originally slated to have very few cars and with the rest being unlockable later. Also, the idea of 360 microtransactions is not always that of unlocking content within the game. It's basically like a small add-on or mod, PC style.

BTW, I think the idea isn't that good unless it's something like the Steam games where such addons are entire new game chapters (Half Life Episodes anyone?), or entirely new mods and full game expansions (Steam nowadays caters to other games and their expansions as well)

Also, Blue Dragon is coming by the end of the year I believe, and the reviews have been very positive for it. I won't be getting the 360 until the price of the Premium goes down by around $100 (probably will happen in Fall 2007), but Blue Dragon looks very tempting.

The music in Blue Dragon sounds wonderful as well. Finally the return of Uematsu in his full glory so to speak.

Also, Blue Dragon is coming by the end of the year I believe, and the reviews have been very positive for it. I won't be getting the 360 until the price of the Premium goes down by around $100 (probably will happen in Fall 2007), but Blue Dragon looks very tempting.

The music in Blue Dragon sounds wonderful as well. Finally the return of Uematsu in his full glory so to speak.

Yeah, I agree. I've only seen stuff for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey but it's giving me high hopes for future Mistwalker products.

EDIT: page 3 already. Is it too soon to call this thread more than an attempt?

Oh, now that I'm getting sucked in to buying an XBox 360, current owners list off on the good stuff for me to buy (of course there's Gears of War and Geometry Wars).

I also was wondering, was Microsoft's lack of an official price drop and use of retailers being aggressive in selling the XBox 360 (including giving incentives) responsible for this sales drive for the holidays? I find it amazing that demand spiked up for the system this holiday that much. Microsoft shows up again why it's such a smart company.

I also was wondering, was Microsoft's lack of an official price drop and use of retailers being aggressive in selling the XBox 360 (including giving incentives) responsible for this sales drive for the holidays? I find it amazing that demand spiked up for the system this holiday that much. Microsoft shows up again why it's such a smart company.

I agree. I think also the fact that it's so damn tough to get a PS3 and Wii in stores for the holidays have probably helped to push up 360 sales (parents wanting to buy one of the new game systems for their kids for Christmas, and finding that the 360 is the only one immediately available). I saw a couple cases of that happening when I've visited EB/Gamestops these past couple weeks. I also don't think the agressive marketing is unrelated to this. Anyway, I wonder if they'll end up turning a profit this quarter since software sales should be way up too.

Oh, now that I'm getting sucked in to buying an XBox 360, current owners list off on the good stuff for me to buy (of course there's Gears of War and Geometry Wars).

I really liked Dead Rising (Who can't resist fighting a bunch of Zombies in a mall)

If your into sports games, NHL 2007 with the Skill stick is absolutly amazing

A game that's a bit older now that I really enjoyed was Condemned, really cool, got a bit freaky sometimes which was fun

Haven't played Viva Pinata but supposedly thats some good fun

I still enjoy PDZ :oops:

I agree. I think also the fact that it's so damn tough to get a PS3 and Wii in stores for the holidays have probably helped to push up 360 sales (parents wanting to buy one of the new game systems for their kids for Christmas, and finding that the 360 is the only one immediately available). I saw a couple cases of that happening when I've visited EB/Gamestops these past couple weeks. I also don't think the agressive marketing is unrelated to this. Anyway, I wonder if they'll end up turning a profit this quarter since software sales should be way up too.

Well, we've seen some relative firsts this holiday season in approaches to sales of a relatively new console - $100 XBox 360 Cores (amazon.com), $200 XBox 360 premiums (Microcenter), $100 gift card on purchase of an XBox 360 (Toys 'R Us). I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft was behind those drives in some way, shape, or form.

Well, we've seen some relative firsts this holiday season in approaches to sales of a relatively new console - $100 XBox 360 Cores (amazon.com), $200 XBox 360 premiums (Microcenter), $100 gift card on purchase of an XBox 360 (Toys 'R Us). I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft was behind those drives in some way, shape, or form.

I wouldn't be too surprised either. I remember seeing the $100 360 Cores, that was pretty crazy. Btw, I've never heard of Microcenter...is that a strictly East Coast chain, or is Seattle just behind the times (or secret option 3: online store)?

I also think the thing that drives the numbers up is that there are simply a ton of very decent games for the system. Even speaking of ports, the best versions have always been for the 360 for a full year now, and some exclusives (or semi-exclusives. PC/360 basically) such as Dead Rising, DOA games and Gears of War helped. And of course, the Halo 3 anticipation.

I wouldn't be too surprised either. I remember seeing the $100 360 Cores, that was pretty crazy. Btw, I've never heard of Microcenter...is that a strictly East Coast chain, or is Seattle just behind the times (or secret option 3: online store)?

I think it's more of an Eastern thing (we have one near here in Virginia).

I hope that price drop is in early January...I have this 25% off total TRU purchase I want to use, and the coupon is stackable.

If you buy a 360 at Toys R Us this holiday season, you get a $100 TRU gift card.

Does this require a coupon?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the deal at CAG. Holy shit, I'm going to pick that up tomorrow or Saturday then.

Edit #2: And thanks :oops:

Yeah, hot deal. You could just buy the tard pack (Core version) and get a free HD. Not bad, unless you absolutely must have the component cables and/or wireless controller.

Viva Pinata is a Rare (as in Rareware) game that is a sort of pet simulator (kind of like Nintendogs, I guess) in which you take care of colorful little creatures that are living breathing pinatas. I hear the game is delightful (though I haven't played it yet).

And if you're looking for more good deals, Viva Pinata is $29.99 today only (12-21) at Best Buy.

Oblivion has already won numerous GOTY awards, though I'm sure most people know about it. Essentially, it's a huge-ass first person RPG that rivals MMOs in size and scope (though it is an offline only game).

Lost Planet is coming in a January, and it's a 3rd person shooter from Capcom that has some really clever game design. It also looks graphically phenomenal.

Fight Night Round 3 is another very pretty game, and it's very accessible even if you don't like boxing or sports games.

If you want something traditional, FFXI is out for the 360 (though they've stopped producing it; still, the game has viability left as there will be one more expansion for it sometime soon). That's also a good deal; it comes with the game and all 3 expansions for $30 and a month free.

On XBLA, there's almost no limit to the fun you could have. Lumines Live, with online head to head play, Geometry Wars, etc.

There's also a new game out on XBLA called Assault Heroes that's getting great reviews. It basically plays exactly like Geometry Wars, but it's a 2 player co-op game that has levels and missions. The art design is a lot like the Halo games in that it's has a futuristic military theme, only it's played from a top-down isometric perspective.

Maybe what should happen, is just a broader Wii60 thread is made? It seems to me that, in a lot of cases, existing 360 owners actually want a Wii, because it offers such a wildly different play option, and at the same time a very large number of Wii owners are also looking at, eventually, getting a 360.

But, more on-topic, the whole thing about the microtransactions that only unlock content already included on the disc? That's just such a shitjob. Seriously, it's one thing to make people have to pay for whole new content, that actually sits on a remote server and has to be downloaded, it's something completely different to make them have to pay for a keyfile that just unlocks it.

And people? Oblivion on the 360 is seriously not worth it. Don't EVER call it a reason to own the 360(or, soon, even the PS3). Get the PC version. Just the sheer number of mods(tens of thousands), many of which go so far beyond any mods Bethesda has released, makes it a much better investment, even if you have to get a new video card.

Anyway, yeah. MS has a winner on their hands this time. When even the Asian market is starting to warm up to it, that shows just how far it's come in a single short year.

Oblivion is good no matter how you slice it though. I ended up buying two versions of Morrowind too.

Then there's Cry On, Lost Odyssey, Fable 2 (hopefully much improved from Fable) and Mass Effect. Not a bad line of RPGs coming up.

PS- Now that I have a Wii, the 360 is definitely up. The PS3 isn't even on my mind because of the crazy price. Still waiting for some official word on the possible MGS4 port. Though a lot of Sony fanatics are saying it won't ever make it. But there's hints it could.

Maybe what should happen, is just a broader Wii60 thread is made? It seems to me that, in a lot of cases, existing 360 owners actually want a Wii, because it offers such a wildly different play option, and at the same time a very large number of Wii owners are also looking at, eventually, getting a 360.

Here's a stat for you: I don't. Now get your fanboy shit out of this thread. The rest of your post was fine.

Oblivion is good no matter how you slice it though. I ended up buying two versions of Morrowind too.

Well it is... I mean, it sure is a good game on it's own, but not a great game, like it's PC counterpart is. Oblivion vanilla wares thin after maybe 50 hours of gameplay tops. That about as much as Zelda. For such an open ended game, it should be more, like Morrowing, but Oblivion ruins everything by adding a randomness factor limited to your level and stuff, it's just meh.

Actually, there's a PC mod that fixes this, making Oblivion just as, if not better, then Morrowind, it's the Oscuro's Overhaul Oblivion, or O3.

So, while Oblivion is a good game, it's not a reason to get a 360 like Halo 3 or Dead Rising is. It is, however, a reason to get a great PC.

Here's a stat for you: I don't. Now get your fanboy shit out of this thread. The rest of your post was fine.

Here's a stat for you: Fanboys ignore everything that was said, if it contains anything other than praise for their system of choice. Re-read what I said. "It seems to me that, in a lot of cases..."

So, welcome to school. Reading comprehension helps, doesn't it?

Here's a stat for you: Fanboys ignore everything that was said, if it contains anything other than praise for their system of choice. Re-read what I said. "It seems to me that, in a lot of cases..."

You're completely dodging what I said. There's no need for a "broader Wii60 thread". That is an incredibly dumb idea. Maybe we should combine the PSP and DS thread? That would be great. Two machines that have no relation other than that they play video games for people to talk about. After all, most PSP owners are eventually going to buy a DS and express their desire for one.

You're completely dodging what I said. There's no need for a "broader Wii60 thread". That is an incredibly dumb idea. Maybe we should combine the PSP and DS thread? That would be great. Two machines that have no relation other than that they play video games for people to talk about. After all, most PSP owners are eventually going to buy a DS and express their desire for one.

No, dude. You said to get the fanboy out of the thread, because I suggested we actually make it about something that is being, quite virally, marketed as the superior choice. The Wii60 combination. You said nothing else, so there wasn't anything for me to dodge.

And PSP/DS? It's pretty much entirely one or the other. Relatively few people have or want both. Wii60? Since MS suggested it, it's been catching on. An increasing number of gamers want both, for both the choice of games and the difference in playstyles. Just like PC gaming is different from Console gaming.

Hell, go take a look at other message boards. Once you get past your own apparent flaming fanboyism, you'll see that there's as much good faith coming from the Wii camp toward the 360, as there is good faith coming from the 360 camp for the Wii(minus the shots at how "kiddy" Nintendo is). And both camps point and laugh at Sony's short-bus riding spawn.

So, just because -you- don't want a Wii, doesn't mean that, oh, say.. 4 million other 360 owners wouldn't enjoy one. Just from current numbers.

When I was waiting in line for my Wii on launch day, more than half the people in line already had a 360. That alone speaks volumes about the appeal.

Now, if you will kindly stop being an anal ostrich, you'd see that I'm also praising the 360, and I'm someone who was quite firmly a Nintendo fanboy. ;)

SHUT UP!

lol, stop reminding me I can't get a 360. A Wii would be nice but it's still too new, and PS3 isn't even on my rader... cause I don't care.

BTW, the whole fanboy thing; if you drop you're blind faith towards just one console, you'll be alot more content with each consoles on the market. You might have less money because of that, but you won't be missing out as much as you would if you stuck with one console.

I would normally buy Oblivion for PC, but I decided to get myself a Macbook to avoid PC gaming to concentrate more on my studies, so I may just buy it for the XBox 360 sometime.

So far, I'm considering getting Top Spin 2, Gears of War, Oblivion, and some of those XBL arcade games, although not all at once. Maybe Dead Rising too at some point. I'm having a hard time swallowing this $60 game pricepoint, it's reminding me a lot of N64 game prices although I guess inflation does make it a sensible price.

I also need to get me an extra controller :( . This is going to be quite pricey, but at least the premium comes with component cables for use with my HDTV at home.