Xbox 360

The Damned

Ok, I've been debating about getting a 360 or a Wii for a while and finally decided to get a 360 now and wait on the Wii till the games I want are out.

The games that made me decide to get a 360 are Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and Gears of War so far.

What are other reasons to buy a 360?

Did the old thread die? Ah well.

The 360 to me honestly looks like the best of the three at the mo', and I can't wait to get one. Microsoft not only have embraced technology but have also made a genuine effort to get new IPs on the system. So far it's working.

In terms of recommendations, I'd add Viva Pinata to the list. That one looks like great fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I also recommend Tomb Raider: Legends if you haven't tried it for some other system yet. It's quite good. Here's a few I recommend:

Gears of War

Tomb Raider: Legends

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Viva Pinata

Prey

Dead Rising

These others aren't "must-haves," but I enjoyed them anyway. Rent 'em sometime.

Chromehounds

Hitman: Blood Money

Saint's Row

Kameo

DOA 4

Ninety-Nine Nights

I also recommend Tomb Raider: Legends if you haven't tried it for some other system yet. It's quite good. Here's a few I recommend:

Gears of War

Tomb Raider: Legends

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Viva Pinata

Prey

Dead Rising

I'm gonna have to disagree with the prey

I Rented the game and beat it in 2 days, single player is extremely linear with the same puzzles over and over

not to mention the multiplayer was boring, and the graphics whern't really stunning

Games I would add to the rent list would include

Ping Pong

Perfect Dark Zero

NHL 07 (For me this is a must buy but meh I'm Canadian)

Splinter Cell Double Agent

Rainbow Six Vegas (Okay I haven't played this one but I have like 3 friends who say it's amazing)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle-earth 2

Enchanted Arms (Really good RPG, And the Videos are just amazing, not to mention it's quite long me and a friend put like 30 hours in and only got half way)

Condemned (Quite creepy actually, made by the people that made

Fear)

Speaking of Fear if you hadn't played the comp version it's pretty good for Xbox360

Anyways there's definetly some I forgot but those are some really fun rentals

I'm really looking forward to crackdown (besides the obvious OMG halo3 reason). I've been playing the demo alot. and it seems like a decent action game. I'm sure it's no GTA but it's not really meant to be. It reminds me of spiderman2.. but with driving and guns.

I'm buying a 360 the second there is a price drop and/or they change the hardware package (bigger HD, smaller cooler CPU, HDMI, whatever).

I just know if I buy now it will happen a week later.

Plus I've been using goozex.com and getting a shitload of last gen games I missed for like no money, so I am quite busy.

But I'm looking forward to playing:

Gears

Lost Planet

Bioshock

Mass Effect (just got Jade Empire and that game is pretty bitchin)

Viva Pinata

Forza 2

Too Human maybe if it shapes up

Lumines Live

Halo 3 of course

So I just got another XBox 360 Premium for $263 (not as good as my first deal $300 with $100 gift card, but oh well), but this is going to a friend.

Also looks like there's heavy rumormongering amongst retail that there'll be a new XBox 360 with a 120 GB hard drive and an HDMI port for $479. Looks like we may have a Premium price drop.

Man, I'm REALLY looking forward to crackdown for some reason, Tuesday can't come fast enough. I'm actually looking forward to replaying it a bunch for achievements becase some of them sound pretty gnarly. I don't go for gamerscore usually, mines about 1.750 i think.

So I just got another XBox 360 Premium for $263 (not as good as my first deal $300 with $100 gift card, but oh well), but this is going to a friend.

Also looks like there's heavy rumormongering amongst retail that there'll be a new XBox 360 with a 120 GB hard drive and an HDMI port for $479. Looks like we may have a Premium price drop.

How are you getting them that cheap?

How are you getting them that cheap?

Well yesterday and today there's a special deal at Meijer (a chain store in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky) 20% off all general merchandise, for use with only one item although they don't seem to care too much. Also, there's a 15% off which is stackable if you use the Meijer credit card, and I got an extra 10% off stacked because it was my first purchase with the credit card, which gave me 38.8% off for $263 with tax. My own XBox 360 I took advantage of a Christmas Toys 'R Us sale for the 360 premium where you get a $100 gift card with the purchase of one, and I had a special stackable 25% off total purchase at Toys 'R Us coupon courtesy of an American Express annual holiday promotion.

Bump

So I just got back from another trip to Meijer for more 360 Premiums (sorry sgx, no more Premiums there - would've sold ya one to you for $300 if I found one), but I did nab Dead Rising for $43. So I've abused this sale so much - saved ~$155 on the XBox 360, $10 on Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii), $10 on Gears of War (for a friend), and $20 on Dead Rising...totaling ~$195 saved.

I <3 Meijer!

Yeah see it pays off to visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com often. As soon as I heard of the deal I rushed over to there to check for PS3s but they sold out of them :( . Still got some games for pretty good prices so it wasn't all a loss. I still don't believe they let you stack this deal on top of game consoles/handhelds though, that's just amazing.

I'm surprised to see Crackdown get a lot of rave reviews. It really did seem to me like it'd be the leadup to Halo 3 like everyone predicted.

Although I have to say the whole Halo 3 Beta thing is marketing genius, I know of at least one guy who is buying the game simply for the Beta, and if it's a good game it's just bonus.

Although I have to say the whole Halo 3 Beta thing is marketing genius, I know of at least one guy who is buying the game simply for the Beta, and if it's a good game it's just bonus.

I agree completely, at first i wasn't too keen on the idea of just buying the game for the beta but then i started researching the game more. It's a really cool game, I'm enjoying it alot. I'm on the last boss now and i have everything 4 stars except my driving which is at 3. My game's been a little glitched up though. My anouncer guy seems to be broken. I unlocked all the supply points, i even have the achievement but all the time he says stuff like "go to an agency supply point.. liberation blah blah" and he'll say things like "amazing view agent! few people get to such altitudes!" and i'll be down on the street. Also whenever i go to the 3rd island (the asian one) it says things like "better not go here yet, this is the most dangerous city" or something. it basically treats me like i've done nothing in the game.