Xbox 360

The Damned

Yeah You're right about 360 this year, they've really gotten themselves in a positition to kick some ass. There's at least a game a month that looks like a purchase. Mass Effect, Bioshock, shadowrun, VF5, GTA4, Halo3, forza2, project gotham 4, Blue dragon and then that half life box stuff. Looks like a fun year. I'm probably only getting VF5, Mass effect, halo3, GTA4 and Blue dragon. Not much of a racing/shooting fan.

I'm curious as to the rumor that's saying that with the release of the black HDMI-ready Xbox 360 with a larger hard drive (Zephyr) the Core Pack will be phased out and replaced with the current Premium pack. The Zephyr would take on the $400 price point, while the Premium would take on the $300 price point. My source for this was the most recent CAGcast. If anyone can confirm this, I'd really like to know. I've been planning on getting a 360 for the past few months now, and if a better deal (namely a cheaper premium pack; I don't need HDMI) is right around the corner I'd like to know whether to stay my hand once I get the funds, or go ahead as planned.

BTW

I'm probably only getting VF5, Mass effect, halo3, GTA4 and Blue dragon. Not much of a racing/shooting fan.

I love the fact that "Halo 3" merits a purchase from a non-shooting fan (myself included there).

I don't like the built-in idea. Yeah it would make it a little cleaner to look at but then any argument PS3 vs 360 price difference is moot.

It's better for Microsoft overall. One, it doesn't look like they are "forcing" people to buy a not needed function, and it allows them to keep making the same build of 360s. (The only difference is that they sell one with the HDD attached)

But, I must say, if they do release a HDMI Version with a larger HDD and if they could throw in the HD-DVD laser reader, that be alright but it would cost about the same as a PS3 and Microsoft would look just like Sony, which as of now, is a bad thing.

I would LOVE to have a black xbox360. I can't see myself buying a new one though. The 120 gigs would be awesome, but i could live without it. Doesn't seem like theres enough difference in it to warrant buying it again. If it were smaller or something i would consider it. If my 360 craps out i'll probably pick one up, it's been freezing in Viva Pinata alot lately.

This thing looks killer, but I'm still gonna hold out for a price drop(if any), plus, I'm kind of wondering whether this is bogus or not, so best to wait 'til E3 to see about this.. With the news that Ace Combat and Devil May Cry are going to the 360, along with Virtua Fighter, I think I might just be hooked on the idea of buying a 360, though.

This thing looks killer, but I'm still gonna hold out for a price drop(if any), plus, I'm kind of wondering whether this is bogus or not, so best to wait 'til E3 to see about this.. With the news that Ace Combat and Devil May Cry are going to the 360, along with Virtua Fighter, I think I might just be hooked on the idea of buying a 360, though.

E3? hah! remember, thy're scaling back so you might hear some reports but nothing too amazing coming out of that place.

As of now, the only big exclusives are MGS4, littlebigplanet, and grand tursimo. and with alot of other companies spreading the love, those guys will probably wonder if exclusiveness is worth the lower profit. Like rats deserting a sinking ship.

Not to say PS3 is going down, but as in the light of being able to move enough copies of a game to justify being exclusive to one system, Sony is losing that image. So yea for multiplatform games and yeah for exclusives on the 360.

My roommate was thinking about trading in his 360 for a PS3. But the fact Devil May Cry, one of his favorite series, is now going to 360 as well, he's not switching. And I've known this guy for a long time. He was the biggest Sony fanboy I knew.

Well, I've never been too big of a fanboy I don't think(although I did go through a Final Fantasy stint at one point or another), but it always did piss me off when a game series would move to an entirely new platform. I'm still stuck in the last generation as far as gaming goes, and I've been trying to convince myself to grab a 360 or something if anything mind-numbingly awesome comes out, and so far, I like what I see, but it's not enough. I'd like to really get into DOA4, but I'm not even sure it's worth it, and I haven't played enough Virtua Fighter to really get into it either, but I really wanna go for VF5, and even though it's not entirely what I'm after, I've always wanted to try out Ace Combat and Armored Core.

Guys, help me out here... :(

Well, I've never been too big of a fanboy I don't think(although I did go through a Final Fantasy stint at one point or another), but it always did piss me off when a game series would move to an entirely new platform. I'm still stuck in the last generation as far as gaming goes, and I've been trying to convince myself to grab a 360 or something if anything mind-numbingly awesome comes out, and so far, I like what I see, but it's not enough. I'd like to really get into DOA4, but I'm not even sure it's worth it, and I haven't played enough Virtua Fighter to really get into it either, but I really wanna go for VF5, and even though it's not entirely what I'm after, I've always wanted to try out Ace Combat and Armored Core.

Guys, help me out here... :(

DOA games so far has been pretty fun but in that button-masher sort of way. I have said this before, but I'm not really a fighting game fan but VF4 got me hooked and I think I'm close to spending a hundred hours on it. VF5 just looks great and it'll likely get updates in time for the 360 launch. Viva Pinata is one game I'm aiming to get once I buy the system with all the colorful animal-raising gameplay.

Then there's the probable Ninja Gaiden 2, Bioshock, Mass Effect and other action/FPS types of games with more depth than the usual games of their types.

As for traditional Japanese RPGs, there's Blue Dragon made by Hironobu Sakaguchi (FF developer of old, duh) and Eternal Sonata. And maybe a not-so-traditional JRPG in Lost Odyssey.

Also, I hear that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was just released on Xbox Live Arcade. There's surely going to be more modified conversions of older games like it in the future.

Injin mentioned Ninja Gaiden 2. Am I the only one who is disappointed in the graphics? They look just like the first one. I mean maybe the environments are bigger or something, but for being a sequel to one of the shiniest games ever, it seems kinda lacking in that department.

EDIT--Never mind. NG Sigma is just a remake of XBox NG. Sorry. :P

oh fo' sho. if that was Ninja Gaiden 2, I would be dissapointed.

Just like how Burnout Revenge dissapointed me as a next-gen title, it was because it was just a suped up version of xbox. and as that, its a sweet game.

I can't wait for these games to be build from the ground up on these next gen systems. Fable 2, Burnout 5, Halo 3, Ninja Gaiden 2. all of these are going to blow away there predecessors.

DOA games so far has been pretty fun but in that button-masher sort of way. I have said this before, but I'm not really a fighting game fan but VF4 got me hooked and I think I'm close to spending a hundred hours on it. VF5 just looks great and it'll likely get updates in time for the 360 launch. Viva Pinata is one game I'm aiming to get once I buy the system with all the colorful animal-raising gameplay.

Then there's the probable Ninja Gaiden 2, Bioshock, Mass Effect and other action/FPS types of games with more depth than the usual games of their types.

As for traditional Japanese RPGs, there's Blue Dragon made by Hironobu Sakaguchi (FF developer of old, duh) and Eternal Sonata. And maybe a not-so-traditional JRPG in Lost Odyssey.

Also, I hear that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was just released on Xbox Live Arcade. There's surely going to be more modified conversions of older games like it in the future.

I think this post just sold me.

I think this post just sold me.

Theres a bunch of reasons to have one (even more if you don't have a ps3).

1. halo3

2. forza2/project gotham 4 (both this year)

3. mass effect

4. blue dragon

5. bioshock

6. lost odyssey

7. eternal sonata

8. crackdown (already released though)

9. VF5 (maybe with extras the ps3 version doesnt have. online play? fuck i hope so )

10. Grand theft auto 4 (not xbox exclusive but again if you don't have a ps3 why not?)

I'm not an xbox fanboy though i sure do sound like one. I rarely do play mine these days but there's alot of great shit coming out this year. Also Castlevania SOTN looks like shit, maybe it's just my HDTV but i remember it looking better.

For this generation I'm sold to MS, and I'm kinda still loving nintendo there, but for me MS will be the big winner this time. Not as a big winner as nintendo and sony were in their time but this generation will be theirs. Their lineup for this year is ahead of anything nintendo and sony will have. That on top of the other great games they already have.

For this generation I'm sold to MS, and I'm kinda still loving nintendo there, but for me MS will be the big winner this time. Not as a big winner as nintendo and sony were in their time but this generation will be theirs. Their lineup for this year is ahead of anything nintendo and sony will have. That on top of the other great games they already have.

QFE

I haven't played my Wii since i beat Zelda. Probably getting SPM in april. I don't have a ps3 YET. I'll probably get one around christmas. Both platforms have a lot of games coming out but neither system has this many AAA titles coming this year. I'm seriously considering that Black 360 again. If the new hard drive is going to be 200 bucks alone then MS is fucking crazy, crazy like billionaires because i know it will sell like hotcakes.