Xbox 360

The Damned

Injin mentioned Ninja Gaiden 2. Am I the only one who is disappointed in the graphics? They look just like the first one. I mean maybe the environments are bigger or something, but for being a sequel to one of the shiniest games ever, it seems kinda lacking in that department.

EDIT--Never mind. NG Sigma is just a remake of XBox NG. Sorry. :P

Don't forget that the PS3 apparently lacks the luster that the 360 games have due to the bottleneck memory in the Cell architecture. So some games might not look as good as they might have been expected.

rented DOA4 last night. I love this game.

I mean, I'm getting my ass handed to me at pretty much every turn, but I love the pickup and play factor involved. With a little bit of practice and some getting used to the counter system, I'm sure I'll be awesome soon.

That's what I've always seen as a drawback to the VF series. I friggin' loved VF4, but that's 'cause I'm patient and steady. It lacks the same pickup feel that DOA has in my opinion, but I also feel that there's ALOT more depth to it. That being said, I can't wait 'til VF5 comes out for the 360.

Unless Sega pulls a 180 and adds online play for VF5 on the 360, then DOA4 will probably be my online fighter.

Have you tried smacking it? I saw a youtube video where some guy had the same thing happen. He turned it off, unhooked it, and gave it 3 good wacks against the side. He hooked it back up, and it showed no errors (all green, booted up, etc). If it's already broken, it couldn't hurt to try, could it? Mouser X out.

Have you tried smacking it? I saw a youtube video where some guy had the same thing happen. He turned it off, unhooked it, and gave it 3 good wacks against the side. He hooked it back up, and it showed no errors (all green, booted up, etc). If it's already broken, it couldn't hurt to try, could it? Mouser X out.

sonuva bitch. Seems to work now. But for how long? I wonder how many people send it back to MS and they just gang on it? or it just fixes itself during shipping? I'm sure it'll break down again.

EDIT: red ring is back. shit.

When i first brought an xbox 360 home, the power brick was defective and would shut off the xbox 360 after 10 minutes of play time. It would stay red for a couple of hours and repeat the same thing again.

After spending hours with some girl from india, I finally was about to take it back to eb games and the now my new x box 360 works fine. :P

Still disappointed at its preformance and slow downs. I run Halo on both x box and 360. X box preformed better as the 360 had some sad slow downs running that game as well as many other games meant only for the 360.

Small question, gang. Supposing that I buy a 360 Premium that includes both an Xbox Live Silver service along with a headset, would I still be required to buy a Gold kit/card, or would I be able to just subscribe to Gold straight from Silver right out of the box?

I don't remember, but I think buying the card is cheaper anyway, as you get 12+1 months for $40.

Bump - XBox 360 Elite has been announced and it's as all the rumors said - $480 for a black 360 with a 120 GB hard drive and HDMI. What a load of shit.

So $80 over the premium system, for HDMI and a 120 gb hd. Doesn't sound like a bad deal. Nice that it's not a limited run either.

So $80 over the premium system, for HDMI and a 120 gb hd. Doesn't sound like a bad deal. Nice that it's not a limited run either.

It doesn't sound that bad when put like that. 80 bucks is barely over the cost of a game. or more simply put its around what Guitar Hero II costs with guitar.

maybe if I want I could sell mine to my bro and get this one myself. I plan on getting a HDMI HDTV very soon.

$80 for a hard drive upgrade? That can't cost more than $20 more, if not $10. Also I'm sure most people couldn't give a shit about the HDMI port, as only 2% or so have 1080p atm. It's a major ripoff as far as I'm concerned, and it makes me all the happier that I got my 360 premium for essentially $200.

$80 for a hard drive upgrade? That can't cost more than $20 more, if not $10. Also I'm sure most people couldn't give a shit about the HDMI port, as only 2% or so have 1080p atm. It's a major ripoff as far as I'm concerned, and it makes me all the happier that I got my 360 premium for essentially $200.

I could be wrong (you'd know more about this, given you actually own a 360), but was under the impression they used their own little proprietary hard drive. If that's right, getting 6 times the hard drive space alone for $80 isn't that bad, in fact it's pretty damn good (given they sell their 20gb drive for about $90 retail now, and the 120gb will be hitting stores certainly at over $100). Anyway, by the time I get my 360 I'll have a tv which supports 1080p so I'd prefer getting the most out of it with the HDMI. Just cuz you can't/don't want to use it doesn't mean it's not a selling point for others (and I'm not sure where your 2% came from, but I couldn't care less since I don't buy because of trends). At any rate, I wouldn't say it's a major ripoff, but I'd say you got a good deal on your premium.

I could be wrong (you'd know more about this, given you actually own a 360), but was under the impression they used their own little proprietary hard drive. If that's right, getting 6 times the hard drive space alone for $80 isn't that bad, in fact it's pretty damn good (given they sell their 20gb drive for about $90 retail now, and the 120gb will be hitting stores certainly at over $100). Anyway, by the time I get my 360 I'll have a tv which supports 1080p so I'd prefer getting the most out of it with the HDMI. Just cuz you can't/don't want to use it doesn't mean it's not a selling point for others (and I'm not sure where your 2% came from, but I couldn't care less since I don't buy because of trends). At any rate, I wouldn't say it's a major ripoff, but I'd say you got a good deal on your premium.

The HDMI port won't really get much usage for games purposes though - it's mainly for Microsoft's budding video download service, which is #1 right now for online video downloads. The 2% comes from a recent comment by an interview of a Sony executive.

As for the hard drive space, anyone who has shopped around for hard drives know that is a horrible deal, and that's from a consumer perspective - I'm sure they get a much better deal comparably due to them mass manufacturing them as well. Hell, I just bought my brother a 160 GB Western Digital external for $70 or $80 or so, and that's an external. I've seen deals flying around like for a 500 GB hard drive for $120 recently too.

The HDMI port won't really get much usage for games purposes though - it's mainly for Microsoft's budding video download service, which is #1 right now for online video downloads. The 2% comes from a recent comment by an interview of a Sony executive.

As for the hard drive space, anyone who has shopped around for hard drives know that is a horrible deal, and that's from a consumer perspective - I'm sure they get a much better deal comparably due to them mass manufacturing them as well. Hell, I just bought my brother a 160 GB Western Digital external for $70 or $80 or so, and that's an external. I've seen deals flying around like for a 500 GB hard drive for $120 recently too.

That's a very good point, which I hadn't considered before. I guess the HDMI will also come into play more with the hd-dvd drive, assuming that format lasts (does it look like there's a format poised to win yet btw?).

On the topic of hard drive, there have been crazy deals lately, for sure. With CompUSA closing shop, went to one in Portland last weekend while visiting a friend...750gb for 120, and given it's Oregon there's no sales tax (best deal I've seen at least). Chose not to purchase though, just because I don't have the need for more storage space at the moment. Anyway, just wanted to clarify, can you use just a regular hard drive with the 360 or do they force you to use their proprietary hardware?

That's a very good point, which I hadn't considered before. I guess the HDMI will also come into play more with the hd-dvd drive, assuming that format lasts (does it look like there's a format poised to win yet btw?).

On the topic of hard drive, there have been crazy deals lately, for sure. With CompUSA closing shop, went to one in Portland last weekend while visiting a friend...750gb for 120, and given it's Oregon there's no sales tax (best deal I've seen at least). Chose not to purchase though, just because I don't have the need for more storage space at the moment. Anyway, just wanted to clarify, can you use just a regular hard drive with the 360 or do they force you to use their proprietary hardware?

Upon looking it up a little more, it seems the 360 uses a 2.5" hard drive, which is somewhat more expensive (it's the same size as a standard laptop hard drive)...so it isn't as bad of a deal.

so the final cost of my broken xbox is $160.00 (20 shipping). It wasn't under warranty unfortunately. I weighed the pros and cons of getting that new one or just saying the hell with 360 but 160 isn't that bad providing the one that i get back actually works.

My brother's X360 stopped reading discs. So he bought a new one at Wal-Mart, packed up his old one in the box, and took it back saying something like "Hey, this isn't working" or "I changed my mind." He got the first one around Christmas, so it's still under some warranty somewhere, maybe. But this way was faster, and possibly cheaper. Just thought I'd bring up the whole "Wally renting" thing... Mouser X out.