Xbox 360

The Damned

I personally thought there were two shocking things:

1. The afore-mentioned RE5. NOBODY saw that coming.

2. Playable Assassin's Creed looked AMAZING.

I thought it had been confirmed for, like, forever that RE5 was going to be for 360 and PS3 so I didn't find that suprising at all. Assassin's Creed, though...that looked really cool. Seemed like the controls were more or less Prince of Persia (albeit more fluid). Looking forward to it.

I thought it had been confirmed for, like, forever that RE5 was going to be for 360 and PS3 so I didn't find that suprising at all. Assassin's Creed, though...that looked really cool. Seemed like the controls were more or less Prince of Persia (albeit more fluid). Looking forward to it.

Do we have anything to confirm that AC =! PoP4?

I'm just wondering. I can't help but shake this feeling that I'm going to get ugly flashbacks of playing PoP2 and hating every second of it.

I thought it had been confirmed for, like, forever that RE5 was going to be for 360 and PS3 so I didn't find that suprising at all.

I do think you're right...but I completely forgot myself and was shocked when I saw it...not to mention that I do believe the entire panel thing on G4 was shocked as well over it. At least I remember Morgan commenting on it.

I do think you're right...but I completely forgot myself and was shocked when I saw it...not to mention that I do believe the entire panel thing on G4 was shocked as well over it. At least I remember Morgan commenting on it.

At any rate, anything on RE5 is always welcome right?

Ero: I know what you're saying. PoP2 was buggy as all hell, which didn't help that the direction they took the game sucked. Because of it I never got around to PoP3, even though I heard for the most part they changed the stuff that made PoP2 so bad. Sands of Time was awesome, though, so I hope Assassin's Creed has that sorta feel. It's definitely looking nice so far; the free running mechanics seem to be a more fluid counterpart to PoP controls (and at least at a glance, the fight mechanics look pretty much the same...hopefully it won't feel so repetitious though).

At any rate, anything on RE5 is always welcome right?

Ero: I know what you're saying. PoP2 was buggy as all hell, which didn't help that the direction they took the game sucked. Because of it I never got around to PoP3, even though I heard for the most part they changed the stuff that made PoP2 so bad. Sands of Time was awesome, though, so I hope Assassin's Creed has that sorta feel. It's definitely looking nice so far; the free running mechanics seem to be a more fluid counterpart to PoP controls (and at least at a glance, the fight mechanics look pretty much the same...hopefully it won't feel so repetitious though).

Sands of Time felt like a much easier and watered down version of Ninja Gaiden :???:

It was the atmosphere and the script that made Prince of Persia so amazing. I loved the fighting system, puzzels and acrobatics as well; but it is understandable if they might seem a bit simplistic.

But just about in every level, the XBox Ninja Gaiden far surpassed PoP. Combat is infinitely more intricate, with even a bit of RPG stat elements present in the game, exploring involved many elements, more than the jumping around in PoP (and came first not to mention), and still remained incredibly engaging. Anyone who has played Sands of Time and loved it really do need to go play Ninja Gaiden, the far better game that came out first.

But just about in every level, the XBox Ninja Gaiden far surpassed PoP. Combat is infinitely more intricate, with even a bit of RPG stat elements present in the game, exploring involved many elements, more than the jumping around in PoP (and came first not to mention), and still remained incredibly engaging. Anyone who has played Sands of Time and loved it really do need to go play Ninja Gaiden, the far better game that came out first.

This is actually the first I have heard of this comparison. I will definitely look into this further as I enjoyed the first PoP even though I never pursued the series.

From my time at E3 so far, here's what you should be hyped for and what you should avoid at all costs

Looking good:

Ace Combat 6

Quake Wars

Devil May Cry 4

DO NOT BUY:

To tell you the truth, I haven't played a bad 360 game at the show yet, at least nothing that me cringe like RE Umbrella Chronicles on Wii. There were a couple on-the-fence titles that were fun, but were not themost impressive: Culdcept Saga, Beautiful Katamari etc.

They've got some demos from e3 games like Ace Combat 6 in the marketplace if anyone hasn't checked yet.

Now I just need to hope it supports the xVid or .h264 vid codecs so I can stream vids from my comp.

Edit: Also, Eternal Sonata looks like the JRPG I've been waiting for my whole life. I had to control myself from crying after listening to that piano piece that plays in the trailer. Gonna have to download some Chopin.

I have to recommend Project Sylpheed to anyone who likes mecha anime or flight-combat sims (it plays like Colony Wars or Wing Commander). It's an exceptionally well-developed game, and while it has a tough learning curve, once you get it the game is great.

Developed by GameArts and published by Square Enix (one of the few titles you'll ever see on the 360 with those names). Plus it's only $40 new. And if you're on the fence, try the demo.

This is actually the first I have heard of this comparison. I will definitely look into this further as I enjoyed the first PoP even though I never pursued the series.

Yeah. I played Ninja Gaiden and then I played PoP. I have to say I prefer Ninja Gaiden over PoP. NG is just faster and more complex than PoP. Not to mention NG is drop dead gorgeous next to PoP. There's a reason it wasported to PS3 :)

When is the next expected/announced price drop? I think I might pick one up for Dead Rising and a few other titles coming out this year.

/haven't followed the news on prices lately

Sometime between September and November are when the 65nm units are expected to be in stores, so I imagine a price drop will occur right before those are ready to move out.

Also, in other news, Bomberman Live is the best XBLA game, and not only that, is one of the best multiplayer Xbox 360 games period. Worth it worth it worth it.

Just downloaded/played Ace Combat 6 demo for 360 and I must say it looks GREAT in high definition. The former AC games were pretty good, but they did not have the wow factor that usually comes from flight sims. AC6 already looks way better than any actual PC fighter-sim games I've seen.

I didn't hear about Bomberman, but I'll have to look into that too.