Xbox 360

The Damned

So while this is not exactly 360 news, anyone hear of this news? http://www.gametab.com/news/975785/

I find it quite hilarious that he made such a comment in response to someone who probably wasn't dignified enough for him to even bother with the poster.

I was actually posting there when that thread was made. One of the funniest things I've ever seen online.

I still can't see why any news sites reported on it, though. It's really not important in any way, and is just a humorous, isolated incident.

I was actually posting there when that thread was made. One of the funniest things I've ever seen online.

I still can't see why any news sites reported on it, though. It's really not important in any way, and is just a humorous, isolated incident.

Yeah, although you have to admit it's more interesting than most stuff sites report on.

Once you get into buying XBLA games + Xbox Live Gold, it's hard to stop. The leadership board idea sounds unassuming, but it's addicting to compare scores, even if you go from 10,000th place to 9,000th. And it's virtually crack-cocaine if it has online multiplayer.

I thought I'd get around two or three games at the most. Now I have around 30 games for it. Compared to all the $10, $15 VC games, of which I have around 15 of. I think the improved aspect of XBLA makes it a bit more worth it.

N64 games. I suppose some people never tried buying those, hmm? On second thought, specifically they're around $10. Some full XBLA costing around $13-$14. More or less the same deal to me since I buy those games at bulk. I should try to stop to save up for some actual games though.

Also, Damned, did you not just read my post saying I bought around 30 XBLA games (mostly old games) and at least 15 VC games?

The Virtual Console sounds better to me (by the way' date=' $5 for an NES game, $6 for Turbo GraFX 16 and SNES games, $8 for a Genesis game and $10 for an N64 game).

I don't really care about high scores. I can't imagine too many people do. High scores and arcades are so '80s.[/quote']

I assume you don't understand the appeal of the Wario Ware games then?

The Virtual Console sounds better to me (by the way' date=' $5 for an NES game, $6 for Turbo GraFX 16 and SNES games, $8 for a Genesis game and $10 for an N64 game).

I don't really care about high scores. I can't imagine too many people do. High scores and arcades are so '80s.[/quote']

I think you're forgetting online play and other additions. Let's face it. VC games are good deals, but they don't add anything. I know it's supposed to be its draw, but XBLA games have a lot of new things added to them. Sometimes reworked really, really well. New modes, new levels, high def treatment, achievements, downloadable content (sometimes free) and of course, the online multiplayer.

Not to mention that most XBLA games aren't NES/Genesis ports, but the port of the actual arcade games.

Also, this is a 360 thread, so let's keep the ideas inherent to that.

And I was pointing out how it wasn't an outdated idea. Your comment was an example of ignorance, and ignores how much appeal such ideas hold with people. If you don't want responses like that, don't make ignorant remarks.

Ignorant? Because I gave my opinion? Because I don't like Wario Ware? Because I'd rather not partake in XBLA?

I am so done with you.

You don't have to respond like a dick, by the way.

Ignorant? Because I gave my opinion? Because I don't like Wario Ware? Because I'd rather not partake in XBLA?

I am so done with you.

You don't have to respond like a dick' date=' by the way.[/quote']

No, opinions are fine, but calling it an outdated idea is just ignorant simply because it apparently has strong appeal still.

The reason I'm being a dick is because you're trying to pass your opinion as fact. I'm a dick to anyone who attempts that.

Edit: So we had a PM exchange, and he claimed to be passing it off as sarcasm, even if the rest of the post came off as serious. To treat me with such disrespect throughout the whole exchange with words like his original ones and then to try to pass off fault with an explanation that doesn't fit is insulting - anyone with any modicum of intelligence should be ashamed, especially with the attempt to close off reasonable discussion. Word of caution to anyone, if you're going to waste my time PMing me to go about name calling and unwilling to admit an error, then I don't want to deal with it. Unmature & stupid people can go be emo and slit their wrists for all I care.

It's "put up or shut up".

He's not bashing your opinion as much as telling you not to assume everyone else thinks like you do.

Don't like the idea of high scores? Neither do I. Doesn't make a difference.

Calling it an outdated idea? The existence and popularity of stuff like XBLA leaderboards proves that there are a lot of people who think otherwise.

Enough with the flames, people. And Baha, deliberately pissing someone off is not a good method of persuasion. Explain WHY your argument makes sense instead of bashing the person for disagreeing.

Hay gais! I'm stroking my eP3nz0rs!!!111oneone

Anyway, it's question time.

Do any of you have any experience with Xbox 360 skins? I'm not just talking about just the faceplate, but skins for the entire system.

Reason I ask is because I might grab one from this site, and I just wanna know if any of you have had any positive/negative experiences with 'em. I.E. Do they restrict any airflow? Is there any kind of adhesive/glue used and is it messy? What about actually getting it on the system?

Another question I have is about custom themes for the dashboard, being that the ones up for "sale" on the marketplace are all made of fail and AIDS. Can I somehow download 'em from the net on my PC and import them to the 360, or is there a way to do it directly on the 360? Can it even be done at all?

Well that's all for question time. Tune in during September/October when I give my in-depth impressions on Ace Combat 6, Eternal Sonata, and Halo 3. Let's play DOA4 or Bomberman Live sometime.

I've heard that the skins are a bitch to get off. And they leave all kinds of residue on it. As for restricting airflow, all the ones that I've seen have holes cut in them so they don't restrict it.

As for everything else, meh. I could care less about the theme I have. Especially since any text that's on it I can't read because I don't have a high-def tv.