Xbox 360

The Damned

Well shit, it seems that I've run into my first snag.

Tried starting up my DOAX2 game earlier(still trying it as we speak) and after about a second after I press start at the title screen, the game locks up. I tried a few other games and there was nothing wrong with the system, which leads me to believe that there's something wrong with the actual game which I just bought 3 days ago.

Anyone have this happen to them? Any suggestions?

Addendum - Apparently I "sort of" fixed the problem by trying the game without the HDD connected. Reconnected it and so far, working fine. More testing and results soon.

Further addendum - After re-inserting the HDD, the problem occured again, which led me to believe that I might have to reformat the thing, but after a bit more thinking, I realized that it might just be a corrupted save from the game, and so I proceeded to delete the game file, and to my avail, this process seemed to have worked. After several more tests, I confirmed that that was indeed the problem. Problem solved and lesson learned.

You know, I've been looking at Ace Combat 6 over and over and have played the demo more than a million times, but I just don't feel that enthusiastic about it anymore. I mean from all the screens I've seen, the game looks amazing, but it just doesn't play like I had hoped.

I just hope the demo is NOTHING compared to the actual game.

You know, I've been looking at Ace Combat 6 over and over and have played the demo more than a million times, but I just don't feel that enthusiastic about it anymore. I mean from all the screens I've seen, the game looks amazing, but it just doesn't play like I had hoped.

I just hope the demo is NOTHING compared to the actual game.

Demos usually kill avid players with short detail, especially if it's the same one or two stages with limited selections of cars/planes/players as to the courses/stages that you can play them. Did you feel the same about AC5?

I thought Ace Combat 6 is on par with former games. I might get it if it goes under price drop or of the reviews gush about it.

BTW, there is more news about a possible 'guarantee' of MGS4 making it to the 360. Lots of speculation with magazines and online rumors now. There's just so much of it, I'm not sure what to believe:

360 MGS3 preorders?

Check out the update in the exact link you posted.

Demos usually kill avid players with short detail, especially if it's the same one or two stages with limited selections of cars/planes/players as to the courses/stages that you can play them. Did you feel the same about AC5?

pretty much the reason why i usually don't download demo. their effect is usually:

1- you want the game badly and after the game is out, you see that you get bored with it quickly.

2-The demo doesn't want you do buy the game, because it's subpar.

I played all the ace combat so far (except on handheld system) so i'm waiting for this one. i don't want to hear about the demo. Most of Ace Combat interest is replayability with different difficulty setting/plane etc.

pretty much the reason why i usually don't download demo. their effect is usually:

1- you want the game badly and after the game is out, you see that you get bored with it quickly.

2-The demo doesn't want you do buy the game, because it's subpar.

I played all the ace combat so far (except on handheld system) so i'm waiting for this one. i don't want to hear about the demo. Most of Ace Combat interest is replayability with different difficulty setting/plane etc.

Ditto. The only demo that I did play was AC4. Only an hour, though. I still wanted to hold that anticipation for the actual game. Instead, I ran through AC2 for the 11th time. :-)

My co-worker is steadily trying to get me to play the demo to AC6, but I can't bring myself to do that.

Speaking of demos, I recently played the Demo for PGR3. I'm not usually a fan of racing games at all(save Mario Kart, which doesn't really count), but this game got me hooked, and now that PGR4 not only looks amazing, but has motorcycles(Suzuki Hayabusa and Katanas ftw), I think I'm definitely grabbing it.

Also played some Amped 3. I like snowboarding games quite a bit, but I don't know if I'm willing to grab it JUST yet. Anyone have any thoughts on the game?

Also, Eternal Sonata plays pretty great. I have my complaints, but they're forgivable for the most part.

Addendum - Also, looks like Puzzle Fighter will be out within the next few hours being that there are picture pack downloads up at the Live Arcade.

Not this week. It ran into some problems in cert, so it was delayed a couple weeks. It was supposed to come out in July, but obviously didn't; it should be out next week or the week after.

So Premiums with HDMI are being seen in the wild now:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/08/hdmi-premium-xbox-360-potentially-caught-on-film/

People are still waiting to see if it has the new 65nm chip as well.

I was curious and checked the manufacturer's date on some of the 360s at work. The elites were from June of 2007, but the Premiums bundled with Top Spin 2 were made in June of 2006.

Static charge or friction between the towels and the electronics in the system maybe?

At any rate, I grabbed Gears of War last night and was able to experienced one of what I call the "Ultimate thrills of the 360": Online Co-op with my friends. Seriously, massive amounts of win.

Speaking of friends, one of my buds has an interesting problem with the wireless controller that came with the system. Interestingly enough, the thing works just fine, save for the X, Y, and B buttons, which while trying yesterday, did not respond at all. Anyone have any similar findings and possibly some successes or failures on this subject?

I still don't understand the science behind the Towel Trick:

Towels

Through many heating and cooling cycles, the GPU or CPU slowly begins to warp off the motherboard. By wrapping the system in a towel and letting it overheat to high temperature inside, the heat builds up and melts the chip connections back to the board.

This is only a temporary fix, and it also fries most of the other components inside the system if you do it enough.

EDIT- I should also point out that the new premium 360s (the units that are being sold post-August 8 price drop) should all have HDMI ports and 2nd heatsinks inside the casings. How can you tell? It will be on the box. Or you can just pop open the little cardboard flap and take a peek inside.

No word yet on 65nm chips, but we'll find out within the week, I'm pretty sure. My guess is these new units have the 65nm in them, but don't quote me on that.

Speaking of demos, I recently played the Demo for PGR3. I'm not usually a fan of racing games at all(save Mario Kart, which doesn't really count), but this game got me hooked, and now that PGR4 not only looks amazing, but has motorcycles(Suzuki Hayabusa and Katanas ftw), I think I'm definitely grabbing it.

For a moment, I thought that you were joking about the motorcycle thing until I checked out some sites in regards to it. Uh, why are they introducing motorcycles now? To possibly blow away the idea that rockstar attempted with Midnight Club? :?