Xbox 360

The Damned

Listen to this man. And listen to me.

jafndaabi.jpg

I want to know who is the genius behind those four panel strips. Way better than most webcomics.

Really, Bioshock to me seems even more hyped than Halo 3 right now, because at least we know what to expect from a new Halo.

The roaming AI and story better live up. And we know what a letdown the AI system in Oblivion ended up.

So all of a sudden my roommate (yay for Facebook taking away all the mystery of a random roommate) whips out the fact that he's not only bringing a 360 to the dorm, but his mom's going to buy him an LCD HDTV once he's moved in. Not sure whether it'll be 19" or 26" yet (links), but either one will have HDMI and VGA input and support up to 720p or 1080i--since he told me about her offer I've been helping shop around and offering the added bonus of my discount at Target. But yeah, I'm hella excited because together we'll have a kickass Wii60 combo and I can't wait to finally play games like Gears of War, upcoming Bioshock and obligatory Halo 3.

HD is one of those things you notice even if an SD and HD set are not side by side. Everything is just so crisp and clean and sharp. I got a 32" Aquos a couple months ago; I don't think I can ever go back.

By the way, the BioShock demo is so fucking hot.

You didn't happen to get the 32GP1U did you? :P

Halo 3 should be great, but it's just a sequel. Bioshock actually looks and plays very fresh. The atmosphere is just amazing. Best since Gears of War and Zelda: Twilight Princess for me.

The music, the voice acting. Just wow.

I know it's supposed to be a spiritual sequel to the Shock games, but this one blows it all away. And that's only from appraising the short demo.

Maybe not in the minds of the masses, but in media circles, I think BioShock will win pretty much every award this year for its genre and system (maybe get an overall GotY, too). Its got 5 reviews so far floating around the internet from various sites, and it hasn't received a score lower than 95%. That's astonishing.

Also, I posted this in OT, but for those that don't check that board:

Free 67 page BioShock artbook thanks to 2K and Irrational Games. Download now.

HD is one of those things you notice even if an SD and HD set are not side by side. Everything is just so crisp and clean and sharp. I got a 32" Aquos a couple months ago; I don't think I can ever go back.

Honestly, I disagree.

I have both a 19" standard television in my room and a 50" plasma HDTV in my basement that I switch my 360 between and I really don't notice much of a difference between the two. Definitely not worth the huge amount of emphasis put on HD in the past year or two.

Honestly, I disagree.

I have both a 19" standard television in my room and a 50" plasma HDTV in my basement that I switch my 360 between and I really don't notice much of a difference between the two. Definitely not worth the huge amount of emphasis put on HD in the past year or two.

Are you just using the standard RCA cables with both TVs?

You don't get "HD" without component cables (or, on the Elite, HDMI).

Nope, it's the LC-C3242U. 720p/1080i, 2 HDMI inputs, 2 component inputs, 2 composite inputs, VGA input, stereo audio out, digital audio out, RF/coaxial input.

Oh ok I have the LC-32GP1u. We had a big discount at work by ordering through Sharp directly(50% actually), and I've always wanted to get an HDTV so I jumped all over this. It was cool that it just happened to be a "gamers" TV since it has DVI(I use this as a monitor too) and 3 HDMI inputs. It's also the only 32" TV that is 1080p that I know of.

Can't wait to play my 360 on this though.