Xbox 360

The Damned

If you haven't been keeping tabs on the XBLA this week, Space Giraffe comes out on Wednesday. From another board:

With the overwhelming hype around BioShock, we must not forget the simpler, more psychedelic things in life.

Like the newest acid trip shooter from Jeff Minter (the guy who did Tempest 2000) called Space Giraffe.

Official game page

(fast-forward to around the 30:00 mark to see Space Giraffe in action)

What's neat about this game is that its programmed using the Windows Media Player 10 visualizer (which is also installed on the 360), so all that background trippiness is from WMP.

Comes out for XBLA at 2 a.m. PDT/5 a.m. EDT (Wednesday) and is a steal at 400 points ($5)

So I've been getting crap download speeds ever since moving to this new net connection. It's a paltry 765 down, 128 up, and I can upgrade it to 2 megs down 364 up, but I'm having no problems whatsoever with my torrents or other downloads on my PC. In fact, they've been going even faster than back home. I do have the 360 using the same mac address as my comp though, and I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it. I don't think it's an issue being that I generally have my internet disabled on the comp while I'm using the 360.

I don't have a router being that this is connected directly to a wall outlet.

Any advice?

I don't think it's an issue being that I generally have my internet disabled on the comp while I'm using the 360.

I don't have a router being that this is connected directly to a wall outlet.

Any advice?

Usually you can just unplug the wire from the back of the cpu and thatll help you out. Because, thanks to the almighty Mr. Gates, if theres a wire attached to the box, windows will use whether you tell it to or not. Let me know if that helps, because I have the same setup.

I don't have the wireless adapter for the 360, so it'd just be two laptops and my DS going wireless. I'm probably just gonna have the 360 going through the same outlet in the wall while everything is connected to the router in my room.

The only real trouble you might have is setting up the WEP security being that that's the only one acceptable by the DS. I don't know how it'll affect the 360, although it didn't have any negative effect on my laptop back when I was at home, and there were 2 walls of cement between the router and my lappy.

I don't have the wireless adapter for the 360, so it'd just be two laptops and my DS going wireless. I'm probably just gonna have the 360 going through the same outlet in the wall while everything is connected to the router in my room.

You have more than one outlet? My router is going to be attached to my computer (i currently cant do that... damnable wireless laws where I live....) but when I move, it should be all sorts of wireless goodness. I don't have a problem with WEP or anything of that sort... its kinda part of my job. Thanks for the help though, I forgot about the DS's hatred of anything stronger than WEP.

• 2 weeks later...
wow bomberman live rocks

Okay, Im sold. I now have to put some more monies into xbox live (I originally only got SotN) so that I can experience the Bomberman goodness with fellow OCR peoples. Ill also be getting Puzzle Fighter, so, if anyone wants to smack me around, my gamertag is Alpine Flame (real original, right?)

I'll be grabbing the full version of puzzle fighter along with plenty of other games once I get my paycheck at the end of the month.

Holy crap, I can't believe I'm gonna be putting close to a grand if not more on stuff for this system by the middle of next year alone.

Eternal Sonata

Halo 3

Bioshock

Ace Combat 6(possibly with flight stick)

Call of Duty 4

Beautiful Katamari

DDR Universe(with dance pad)

TESIV: Oblivion GoTY Edition

Project Gotham Racing 4

Halo Wars

Grand Theft Auto IV

Resident Evil 5

Turok

Mass Effect(maybe)

Assassin's Creed(maybe)

Not to mention Live Arcade games like Castlevania: SoTN, Bomberman Live, Spyglass Boardgames, Puzzle Fighter, Metal Slug(if it ever comes out), Pacman C.E., Assault Heroes, etc.

That's not even counting shit that's coming out eventually like Fallout 3, DOA: Code Chronus, Ninja Gaiden 2, and Silent Hill 5

So fucking glad I bought this system.

I'll be grabbing the full version of puzzle fighter along with plenty of other games once I get my paycheck at the end of the month.

Holy crap, I can't believe I'm gonna be putting close to a grand if not more on stuff for this system by the middle of next year alone.

Eternal Sonata

Halo 3

Bioshock

Ace Combat 6(possibly with flight stick)

Call of Duty 4

Beautiful Katamari

DDR Universe(with dance pad)

TESIV: Oblivion GoTY Edition

Project Gotham Racing 4

Halo Wars

Grand Theft Auto IV

Resident Evil 5

Turok

Mass Effect(maybe)

Assassin's Creed(maybe)

Not to mention Live Arcade games like Castlevania: SoTN, Bomberman Live, Spyglass Boardgames, Puzzle Fighter, Metal Slug(if it ever comes out), Pacman C.E., Assault Heroes, etc.

That's not even counting shit that's coming out eventually like Fallout 3, DOA: Code Chronus, Ninja Gaiden 2, and Silent Hill 5

So fucking glad I bought this system.

What, no Devil May Cry or Soul Calibur? But I feel you on the greatness of the games coming out.

I'm starting to think i should have rented Bioshock. I beat it and it was pretty cool but i think I'm going to trade it in for $30 at EB Stop. I only paid like 26 bucks for it cuz i traded in a bunch of DS games, apparently Animal Crossing on the DS was worth 16 bucks.

I can't believe that Halo is so close to release, I'm couldn't be less excited for some reason. I'm still going to midnight launch and buying the stupid cat helmet, but I'm on Halo sensory overload or something. I can't take a shit without seeing the Master Chief (kidding). Also Mountain Dew Game Fuel tastes like cough syrup mixed with ass, but not the good kind of ass.

I'm starting to think i should have rented Bioshock. I beat it and it was pretty cool but i think I'm going to trade it in for $30 at EB Stop. I only paid like 26 bucks for it cuz i traded in a bunch of DS games, apparently Animal Crossing on the DS was worth 16 bucks.

I can't believe that Halo is so close to release, I'm couldn't be less excited for some reason. I'm still going to midnight launch and buying the stupid cat helmet, but I'm on Halo sensory overload or something. I can't take a shit without seeing the Master Chief (kidding). Also Mountain Dew Game Fuel tastes like cough syrup mixed with ass, but not the good kind of ass.

I did the whole "bring in five games, get more credit" shebang they had going on, and I got somewhere in the ballpark of $250 in store credit. Im still jazzed about that. I tried that new mountain dew stuff too. It burned my toungue and throat on the way down, and on the way out (I know, TMI). I'm also shocked that you too see Master Chief in the toilet bowl.

I actually kinda liked the Game Fuel.

I beat BioShock, and the first thing that went through my head was, is that it? The end of it was really underwhelming compared to the rest of the game.

Also, if you guys want to play something, Halo, Bomberman, Gears, whatever, my gamertag is OutLanderRed.

I actually kinda liked the Game Fuel.

I beat BioShock, and the first thing that went through my head was, is that it? The end of it was really underwhelming compared to the rest of the game.

Also, if you guys want to play something, Halo, Bomberman, Gears, whatever, my gamertag is OutLanderRed.

Yeah i thought the ending was really so-so. I said the same thing when i got to the end, though the ride up until the end was pretty awesome. There was way too much hacking in the game for my tastes, i mean it's optional to a point but you do have to hack an awful lot of stuff. It would have been cool if there were a higher up achievement for it, isn't the last one for like 50 hacks or 100 or something? i did way more than that.

Yeah i thought the ending was really so-so. I said the same thing when i got to the end, though the ride up until the end was pretty awesome. There was way too much hacking in the game for my tastes, i mean it's optional to a point but you do have to hack an awful lot of stuff. It would have been cool if there were a higher up achievement for it, isn't the last one for like 50 hacks or 100 or something? i did way more than that.
50, I believe. It got to the point where I quit hacking stuff and just bought it all out.