Xbox 360

The Damned

you should try the game "halo 3"

seriously though it's awesome

I heard that game sucks.

get bomberman live

fo serious

screw major titles the arcade in itself has enough

Haha, yes, I actually believe this. At a tournament I went to, some people brought their 360, and 90% of the games they were playing were arcade.

Haha, yes, I actually believe this. At a tournament I went to, some people brought their 360, and 90% of the games they were playing were arcade.

ya man

between uno bomberman castlevania aegis wing (GREAT free game) and soon to be tetris and ikaruga its quite nice

and halos pretty good, worth getting for free which is what im doing :]

ya man

between uno bomberman castlevania aegis wing (GREAT free game) and soon to be tetris and ikaruga its quite nice

and halos pretty good, worth getting for free which is what im doing :]

YOU IGNORED REZ.

Also, I don't much care for Aegis Wing, to be honest. I tried it...I've never been a fan of that genre.

However, I'm more of a platformer type, and I liked Cloning Clyde. Yeah, it's pretty short and pretty simple, but I still enjoyed it.

Living in Japan, I have played shooters that were alot harder than Aegis Wing. The game itself was boring compared to games like Raiden Fighters and such.

Yes, but it's FREE.

Anyway, Bigfoot, you can listen to the Gears of War or Halo 3 or BioShock suggestions if you want (and you should), but my favorite 360 game this year is Project Sylpheed. Fucking fantastic game, and it's only $40.

I would also recommend Condemned: Criminal Origins. It was a launch title, and it was the BEST launch title. It's also scary as fuck.

Another great, cheap gem: Earth Defense Force 2017: the best co-op game in next-gen. Just an absolute crazy fun off-the-wall arcade-type game.

Finally, I just finished Dead Rising today, and while not for everyone, I had a great time with it. A very interesting unique Capcom title. And it's only $30 now.

So, uh, anyone else hear something about Bungie separating from Microsoft?

They're still making games for them though, and apparently, Microsoft gets to pick and choose what Bungie can put on other platforms.

This likely just means Bungie will make some PC and DS games. I'd like to see Bungie make an original FPS title for the PC and not a game built around archaic dual analog controls.

This likely just means Bungie will make some PC and DS games. I'd like to see Bungie make an original FPS title for the PC and not a game built around archaic dual analog controls.

I don't see why Bungie would even bother with FPS games in a long while. From all the interviews, it seems like they want to do something totally new or possibly an entirely new franchise. Also, if they want a FPS game that sells, they'd stick to consoles or even make another Halo sequel or spinoff.

And archaic dual analog controls? Bungie has refined that to perfection and it's not a sticking point to them. Not to mention the possible keyboard+mouse connectivity they may plan for future 360 games. Moot point. I guess it'd be a point to bring up if people actually griped about a bad control scheme. Just about nobody did so for Halo 3. It's not even an issue.

Also, I think a possible breakup would make Bungie Microsoft's 2nd party instead of 1st. MS seems to be going down that path by making deals for exclusivity instead of simply owning all of the companies.

Even if they did make a PC FPS game that is not Halo, I bet it'll be like BioShock and make it be a console exclusive that way.

And archaic dual analog controls? Bungie has refined that to perfection and it's not a sticking point to them. Not to mention the possible keyboard+mouse connectivity they may plan for future 360 games. Moot point. I guess it'd be a point to bring up if people actually griped about a bad control scheme. Just about nobody did so for Halo 3. It's not even an issue.

Yeah dual analog is great, as is hooking up your 360 to a 1080p set with an RF switch then taking an icepick to your ballsack. Some people might not care about the controls on console FPS but when it's vastly inferior to an input device that has been used in the genre since the early to mid-90s, it IS archaic.

Anyway, I suppose you're right about Bungie not wanting to do another FPS but they've already confirmed that if Halo 4 is made, they'll be a part of it. Go figure.

I won't know about whether it's archaic since it is a newer form to control FPS's and I think Goldeneye and Turok proved it a decade ago that it can work for console shooters. It really would feel strange to put in a much tighter control scheme in a console shooter and otherwise I guess. I can't imagine something like Gears of War having pinpoint control like with PC games. I think it's almost a part of the whole FPS genre for console games. It really feels to me like FPS games as of late has incorporated the more sluggish controls for the games themselves. Which is why a lot of FPS games made specifically for consoles have a distinctly different feel (not inferior or superior. That question is too subjective for me to get into).

As for Halo 4, I'm guessing that may be after a possible new project, but I'm not going to be surprised if they are making it right now to extend the 360's lifeline (as if that wasn't fulfilled 100% as far as a Halo goes since Halo 3 did everything a 'finale' could).

I still think that the notion of keyboard/mouse being superior to all is total bullshit. The keyboard is such a limiting & unergonomic control device, especially in a FPS - Metroid Prime 3 is a perfect demonstration of the best of both worlds. Eventually, PC FPS won't be able to compete against console FPS for that simple reason of an unrefined control scheme that only touts itself as superior because people have gritted through and forced themselves to get used to it.

I still think that the notion of keyboard/mouse being superior to all is total bullshit. The keyboard is such a limiting & unergonomic control device, especially in a FPS - Metroid Prime 3 is a perfect demonstration of the best of both worlds. Eventually, PC FPS won't be able to compete against console FPS for that simple reason of an unrefined control scheme that only touts itself as superior because people have gritted through and forced themselves to get used to it.

I'm not sure how to respond to this. Really, all I can say is you're wrong because...well, you are. Having preferences is one thing but saying a controller (Prime 3's setup included) is superior to a mouse/keyboard in FPS is pure lunacy. A keyboard and mouse setup is not only ridiculously more accurate and fast, but you have a shitload more buttons to work with...and exactly what is limiting about it?

It may be less comfortable than using a controller sitting on your couch (or even less fun; I find shooting with the Wiimote MUCH more enjoyable than using a mouse), but when I'm playing a competitive online FPS, I want absolute control over the game. Not analog sticks and aim assist.

And yes I'll stop derailing this thread now.

I think it's because a lot of consoles games cater to the console control while PC games makes use of twitch controls more. FPS for consoles restrict the movement according to the slower response that makes it more tightly controlled compared to the looser control for the PC FPS games.

It has nothing to do with which is intrinsically better other than how they fit with eachother. Unless it's seamlessly done either way like with the Call of Duty games.