Xbox 360

The Damned

From what i remember yes. I fell asleep during a couple of those parts. about him being in frankfurt or fleeing from somewhere or another. That part is so very boring (at least to me). But yeah it's all just text and still pictures usually.

All right then good. I was freaking out for a second since for some reason I had remembered thinking that it was narrated.

Sucks that you thought it was boring. I guess it might have something to do with my music background(and the fact that I love quirky JRPGs), but I thought that that was a great inclusion into this already great game.

Seriously, I'm having way too much fun with my 360. And to think that I just wanted it to say that I own Halo 3.

Eternal Sonata is really really nice but yeah. Some moments are so peaceful, so pleasant, you can't help but fall asleep. Happened to me a few times. Some great games have a habit of doing that. The battle system could've been less of a cruise control and it would have helped.

On another note, Mass Effect is getting RAVE reviews everywhere. As usual, gameplay is suspect but apparently 99% of the rest is awesome. It's like the storm before the launch that Bioshock had.

I was gonna buy Eternal Sonata (known here in Japan as Truly Bell O__O) when I got paid. The day before I got paid there was about 20 copies at the BX. The next morning they were ALL gone. It was indeed a sad day for me.

So I haven't heard anything about this Mass Effect game until about 3 days ago. Information doesn't make it out here very well. >___<

I was gonna buy Eternal Sonata (known here in Japan as Truly Bell O__O) when I got paid. The day before I got paid there was about 20 copies at the BX. The next morning they were ALL gone. It was indeed a sad day for me.

So I haven't heard anything about this Mass Effect game until about 3 days ago. Information doesn't make it out here very well. >___<

That's Trusty Bell: Chopin no Yume, buster.

Also, the BX? What branch are you in, soldier?

That's Trusty Bell: Chopin no Yume, buster.

Also, the BX? What branch are you in, soldier?

My bad, I should get my eyes checked.

I am in the Air Force. It sucks pretty bad right now cause some of the things you can get on 360 Marketplace, I can't download because of my Japanese IP address. To make it worse the 360 has the "Connect to American Servers" burned right in there so I can't access the Japanese downloadble content.

That's all well and good except as I was telling The Damned, I have an American 360 in Japan. What does that mean? It means if I want to download the National Geographic Documentaries on XBLM I have to go back to America to do so. The hardware has a "Connect to Nothing But American Servers" burned into it. because of my Japanese IP I get locked out of most downloads. The majority of American downloads are unavailable for me. Even demos of different games are forbidden. I have called Microsoft about this and asked why they hate service members (I was extremely pissed that day and thought they needed a good guilt trip) and if they are gonna fix it. Apparently they hate money, contrary to popular belief.

So anyone pick up Ace Combat 6 yet? Impressions?

Well, I'm currently playing it now and they've thrown in two aerial skills that I was thinking about since the third installment - -

Their "High-G" element

The overall better low-altitude combat scheme (Divine Fascination that I have...)

So to say that this is an improvement on what its predecessors left behind... is coming close to it.

The online is a fuckin' madhouse right now since all of those people from that Civilians Vs. Military competition is still floating around. I'm managing to hold my own, but goddamn....

Edit: Oh, and Ace Mode can only be properly named, "We're coming to kill you..."

• 3 weeks later...

Best game of the year? Strange, considering Super Mario Galaxy beat out Ocarina of Time for all-time highest reviewed game on Gamerankings.

More on topic though, I have finally played the first game that rationalizes an HDTV - Call of Duty 4. It is the first game to demand that much detail that I have come upon and maintain fun factor.

Best game of the year? Strange, considering Super Mario Galaxy beat out Ocarina of Time for all-time highest reviewed game on Gamerankings.

At the very least, best RPG of 2007. You can't deny that Mass Effect HAS to be the most ambitious game to come out this year. And storytelling aspect, it's just ridiculous how intuitive it is. It truly is an experience and I'm not saying that as a cliche.

The review points are pretty high up, but review scores can't accurately describe Mass Effect in a shell.

I'm hoping the story elements of Mass Effect could have ripple effects on future RPGs, though I'm less optimistic of shallower Japanese RPGs to do the same anytime soon.

More on topic though, I have finally played the first game that rationalizes an HDTV - Call of Duty 4. It is the first game to demand that much detail that I have come upon and maintain fun factor.

Funny because Mass Effect is the same. Other than a few stutters of over-action on screen, it's a pure beauty. Lots of amazing 360 releases this month.

I would say that the most technically ambitious game this year is Assassin's Creed, but after popping in Mass Effect for the first time tonight, without a doubt BioWare has succeeded in revolutionizing the RPG as a genre. The voice acting is FUCKING INCREDIBLE. The conversation wheel gives some sort of depth behind NPC dialogue, and the combat system is almost ripped straight out of a third-person shooter.

Mass Effect is doing some amazing things to break RPG convention, and for that I am truly thankful as the genre has not evolved very much since it began compared to other genres.

Funny because Mass Effect is the same. Other than a few stutters of over-action on screen, it's a pure beauty. Lots of amazing 360 releases this month.

But the thing about Call of Duty 4 is that the detail is vital to the gameplay since much of it is about stealth. Sure, it looks good too, but the effects on gameplay impressed me most.

But the thing about Call of Duty 4 is that the detail is vital to the gameplay since much of it is about stealth. Sure, it looks good too, but the effects on gameplay impressed me most.

Well, to Naruto (best cel-shading effects I've EVER seen, though Okami still is the better artistically) to Bioshock to Call of Duty 4 to Mass Effect and other games recently, 360 is really showing off its capabilities in every form.

The best thing about Mass Effect is mostly with its facial effects though. And the general sense of size and scale it creates, that I haven't see much of in any games like it.