Xbox 360

The Damned

Playing the original Arcade versions of Contra and Super Contra, I can't believe how much better the NES/SNES versions were.

The vertical camera, the sluggish characters, nothing feels right with the arcade versions.

On another note, I'm loving the dating sim aspect of.... Mass Effect.

• 2 weeks later...
burnout paradise demo is out

with online multiplayer

get one there and play with me :]

I downloaded it on xbox360 but so far have only played the ps3 demo. Pretty fucking sweet, I'm suprised that such quality games are coming out in first quarter 08. ( I downloaded both demos because only like 2 of my friends have ps3's and i don't have a bluetooth headset yet.)

That article was an interesting read. Mostly because, according to the numbers, the cost for creating a game for multiple consoles can increase the programming and engineering costs, which accounts for 20% of the game cost. Additionally, for each console version of the game, another portion of the cost has to be attributed to the console owner's fee, which accounts for 11.5% of the game cost. Yet, if developers choose to make a title exclusively for a single console, they can waive the console owner's fee.

So, although it may seem like developing a game for multiple consoles seems like a safe and conservative route to take in order to ensure sales of said game, the added costs of developing for multiple consoles can exceed the $1 profit margin for sales over 500,000 units (according to the article). And since marketting only accounts for about 4% of the game costs, it seems to me that console exclusivity would play a bigger role in game development, from a business prospective.

Honestly, I'd prefer to see greater console exclusivity as it appears to correlate with better quality, functionality and individuality. Besides, don't most people own multiple consoles anyway? And aren't exclusives the real reason why people choose one console over another?

I think, though, that somethink like, Guitar Hero 3, for a recent example, warrants a multi-platform release.

Course, I'm still trying to get it for the 360, cause I love my sweet sweet nerd points, but regardless, some titles should be on the majority of consoles, I think.

I just ordered a 360 Pro from Amazon, w/ Forza & Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I'm excited. Using various internet tricks I managed to pay a total of $25 for it. I also ordered Mass Effect, which should arrive by January. CAN'T WAIT!

THAT I TOTALLY HELPED WITH

• 1 month later...

Quick question. My current comp wouldn't handle The Orange Box well enough that I'd care to play on it and I'm not gonna be upgrading for a while yet, but I know they have it for 360. Has anyone here played it on the 360? Is it even worthwhile to get the 360 version in your opinion given the controls, or do you think it'd just be better to wait to play that sort of game on a computer? Thanks in advance.

Quick question. My current comp wouldn't handle The Orange Box well enough that I'd care to play on it and I'm not gonna be upgrading for a while yet, but I know they have it for 360. Has anyone here played it on the 360? Is it even worthwhile to get the 360 version in your opinion given the controls, or do you think it'd just be better to wait to play that sort of game on a computer? Thanks in advance.

I own it on 360, and I happen to like dual analog fps gaming. Sure mouse and keyboard is better for aiming, but I prefer analog for movement. That said, I enjoyed it a great deal and I'd only recommend you get it for the pc if you intend to get really into team fortress 2 since it seems to be much more popular on the pc.

I own it on 360, and I happen to like dual analog fps gaming. Sure mouse and keyboard is better for aiming, but I prefer analog for movement. That said, I enjoyed it a great deal and I'd only recommend you get it for the pc if you intend to get really into team fortress 2 since it seems to be much more popular on the pc.

Seconded. I prefer the X360 controls and thought the X360 version of Orange Box was excellent. However, I got it on release, and I'm actually quite ashamed to say that I still haven't even tried out Team Fortress 2 yet. You can probably gather that I'm not much of a MP guy.

So if you're like me, I can assure you that you won't regret buying it.

I alternate between both of them - currently Fire Emblem for the Wii, and Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, and Rock Band for the 360.

Same.

X360: Burnout Paradise/NFS Prostreet/GHIII

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Melee (I never owned a GC so I'm catching up) and Wii Sports (yeah, I just got my Wii recently and am still addicted to Wii Sports =P)

There's always Devil May Cry 4, Call of Duty 4 (lots of fours..), Grand Theft Auto 4 (again?), Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect expansion, Too Human (if it's any good), then Soul Calibur 4 (Four again) by June.

I'm basically only going to use the Wii for No More Heroes and SSBB for now. And maybe the occasional Galaxy. Then Kart later in the year.

That and XBLA is still pretty amazing. I'm hopelessly addicted to Puzzle Quest and Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo. Then there's the 2D remake of Bionic Commando.