Xbox 360

The Damned

I think GTA games officially got started in Vice City. Because it started becoming 90% comedy instead of taking itself seriously like GTA3. San Andreas was basically a complete comedy. Now they seem to be trying to make it into a serious story which is a nice turn of events.

Also, I'm totally going to the midnight launch to buy it off the shelves. I can't wait one second. I haven't been this antsy for a videogame... since Brawl.

what don't you like about it so far? the only issue i've got is that the camera's a little twitchy occasionally.

The camera is a bit awkward, considering it lets you pivot with the right stick, but it's always trying to get behind the direction you're moving in regardless. So that's kind of weird.

Also some graphical hiccups, like issues with clipping, textures visibly loading in, and pop-in.

And does anyone else hate driving in this game? The man can eat a burger to heal all his wounds, but can't take a corner to save his life. I wouldn't mind this as much if I didn't have to chase people in cars ~_~...

Having said all that, it's still pretty damn good, and I'd highly recommend it to everyone except GTA anti-fanboys.

car are a little trickier than the previous opus, but just get used to them. i found that annoying at the beginning, but now i start to manage curve.

I like to have car parked along the street and in parking lot, or obvious area (like near the car washer and seller)

I was expecting a GTA4 thread to pop up at some point. I guess that kind of treatment is reserved for Wii games.

Anyway, just played some online with my brother and it's a blast. Having an open city in single player is great, but sharing it with friends is a thousand times better. There's a certain kind of satisfaction that comes with plunging a helicopter straight into another player's car and then watching everything erupt into a gasoline-powered inferno that only GTA4 can achieve. All of the modes I've played so far have been a lot of fun, especially the coop ones.