Xbox 360

The Damned

As a form of anti-piracy it still is flawed in the sense that they gave people a legitimate way to give friends their games. ::shrug:: Buddy asked me for Portal last week and I just gave him my login info.

Yeah but only one person can be logged in. If you guys ever wanted to play a game together, somebody is going to have to make a purchase.

I hooked up my 360 wirelessly to my comp and now I'm streaming movies. I've done this easily at my dorm though the residence hall network, but I've just now figured out how to host my own stuff. So now I'm streaming movies and it's great. However, HD movies stutter a bit. That's probably due to the fact my wireless router can't keep up. However, I read about a trick that uses two wireless routers so your X Box 360 has its own access point or something (I suck at networking) and the guy that thought up of it has no trouble streaming 1080p. I only need to stream 720 p stuff but I might look into this. It's either that or buy a high end "N" router, but that's expensive.

so, tell me. has anyone played chromehounds? it looks really interesting, but does anyone have hands-on experience with it?

One of the most awesome online games ever. It's made by the guys who did Armored Core, but the game is very different. It's a much slower, tactical, group-based type of game; one might even say a "mech sim" if such a thing existed. You still build your own mechs (and believe me, you'll spend hours tinkering in the garage with your own designs) from parts you buy with money you earn from battles.

The single player is really an extended tutorial and is pretty much a throwaway after you learn how to play.

Online, however, Chromehounds rules. It's kind of like an MMO: there is a persistent war happening between three different national factions for control of the country the game takes place in. What this means is that the nature of the game changes even when you're not playing. You start by choosing a squad to join, and here's where it gets important: Chromehounds is not a game you can just buy and jump into online and play with anyone. It's certainly possible of course, but it's most rewarding if you can make some friends who play it first, or if you can convince some of your friends to get the game along with you so you can play together. Once you form your squad, then you choose a nation to belong to. There are three different ones (a U.S.A. clone, a Russia clone, and a Middle East clone). Each nation has access to different parts and specializes in different combat styles. Luckily you can change nations after the war has ended (about once every 2-3 weeks or so).

Once you have your squad, your nation, and your mech, you jump into any of the contested maps and play against either the CPU or another squad. Victory on a map earns you points towards your nation's control of that map, and once you control 100% of that map, you can advance the front of the war to the next map, with the ultimate goal being to reach and defeat a nation's capital home map to eliminate them from the war. Along the way you earn money to beef up your mech or create new designs. Once the war is over (either when one side wins or when the game's pre-determined time limit is up, usually a month or two), everything resets and you can start again.

If you're not into the online war, you can also play quick skirmishes against other teams for fun or to test your mech designs; these battles have no bearing on the outcome of the war.

Chromehounds is an awesome game, but having people to play with is the difference between being really bored and confused or having a really unique enjoyable experience.

If you know anybody who's going to start playing, drop me a PM and I'll join up with you guys. My old squad has been inactive for some time, but I'm always up to play Chromehounds.

I rented it when it first came out near the launch of the 360 and I found it pretty fun. If you get it cheap enough why not (My friend took a chance on Project Slypheed simply because it was 10$ and because I told him I had read a lot of positive reviews from you guys and he loves it)

I rented it when it first came out near the launch of the 360 and I found it pretty fun. If you get it cheap enough why not (My friend took a chance on Project Slypheed simply because it was 10$ and because I told him I had read a lot of positive reviews from you guys and he loves it)

Project Sylpheed is hardcore love. Good choice. :)

anyone got some xbl points for sale? =) or some other thoughts?

If you don't have a credit card, then you can buy cards with microsoft points on them.

also, has anyone tried armored core 4?

I played the demo, and I was impressed.

• 2 weeks later...
am i the only one who plays burnout paradise

someone play with me :[

I have Burnout: Paradise, but can you believe this shit? I just got the Rings of Death and had to order that fucking box to have it be put down and for me to get a new one. :C

and to answer my question for you guys... Yes, I'm sure you can believe that shit.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys played Dark Sector yet?

I just got it for $20 off amazon (thanks cheapassgamer!) and it is pretty good. It's like Gears of War minus co-op, plus RE4 europe and zombies, plus magical boomerang.

Pretty damn good for $20. Graphics are quite nice. The controls are a TOTAL rip of Gears, but they've de-emphasized guns a bit. Dual wielding a gun and your glaive is pretty cool, and getting further into the game, the powers you get and the strategies you can use are getting pretty rad.