Xbox 360

The Damned

I kind of miss TF2, actually. And as much as I'd love to get it on the OCR fun, I run a Mac. :(

I'll try to get on TF2 a bit this week. Gamertag is cAtf00d, if anyone else wants to add me.

I definitely will buy psychonauts.

Good man. ocrflag.gif

I have been wanting to play it for awhile now... I was thinking of picking up Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey... And Gears of War too.

All pretty good choices (Gears especially). Bioshock is definitely one to check out as well. The free demo on Live will give you a good taste of what to expect. And the Orange Box is definitely worth your money if you don't have a gaming PC. And Call of Duty 4 is a top-shelf game, even if you don't usually care for war shooters.

For some less conventional options, Viva Pinata is a blast. Also, Beautiful Katamari (if you aren't tired of Katamari games by now), Assassin's Creed and Civilization Revolution are fun. And, cheesy as the game is, Earth Defense Force 2017 is surprisingly awesome. Tweek and I have spent hours playing co-op. I'm just kind of rattling off suggestions at this point. They aren't necessarily must-buys. There are dozens of demos (maybe hundreds now) on Live, so you there's plenty to try out.

You're in for a good time. :)

Will somebody play Team Fortress with me?

I refuse to buy it for PC if I already own it for 360.

The thing about the 360/PS3 versions of TF2 is that they aren't patched like the PC version (at least not to my knowledge). Which means you're missing out on some of the best maps (goldrush) and probably continuously getting owned by sentries floating in the sky (glitches and such).

I just got me a 360 in a bundle with Blue Dragon, an extra controller, and 3 months of XBL free!

I am exited... I saw some good games mentioned over the last couple pages... what else are some good ones?

Must... Resist... Urge...

NYARGH! I can't help but make list posts!

Ninja Gaiden II

Gears of War

Gears of War 2

Bioshock

Eternal Sonata

Oblivion GoTY Edition

Mass Effect

Halo 3

DOA4

Tales of Vesperia

Infinite Undiscovery

Lost Odyssey

Project Sylpheed

The Orange Box

Soul Calibur IV

Last Remnant

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

Guitar Hero WOrld Tour

The Force Unleashed

Rockband

Rockband 2

Blue Dragon

Battlefield: Bad Company

Too Human

Ace Combat 6

Call of Duty 4

Virtua Fighter 5

Burnout Paradise

PGR4

Fallout 3

Fable 2

Resident Evil 5

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

...I'm sure you get the gist of it, now go spend MONEY!!

Ninja Gaiden II

Gears of War

Gears of War 2

Bioshock

Tales of Vesperia

Infinite Undiscovery

Last Remnant

Resident Evil 5

Street Fighter IV

Super Street Fighter II HD Remix

Bionic Commando: Rearmed

Very good list. Edited for stuff I'm personally excited to get into (as suprising as it is, still haven't played Gears).

Side note: finally just about done with Blue Dragon. Just finishing sidequests, then it's on to beat the game. Definitely enjoyed this one, but I can't wait to get into more Lost Odyssey, and then ToV ships in the not too distant future!

can someone explain what exactly blue dragon is? i got a 'jrpg with terrible acting and dmc's over-the-top attitude' when i asked at gamespot. that didn't exactly do anything for me.

DMC? Devil May Cry? Huh?

To put it simply, if you like JRPGs you'll like Blue Dragon, and if you don't there's nothing that the game does that will make you like it. I was enticed because the character designs were done by Akira Toriyama, music by Nobuo Uematsu, produced by Hironobu Sakaguchi, and had certain features (like showing enemies on-screen rather than random encounters) that reminded me of Chrono Trigger. While it takes a little while for the story and whatnot to really get going, aside from the boss battle theme the music is good throughout, and it's a damn pretty game :P.

The problem with the demo is that it thrusts you halfway into the game with almost every ability, and you have no idea what the fuck you're doing or where the fuck you're going.

I'm actually kinda curious how the demo compares to the full game, now that I'm at the tail end of it. I'll probably have time tomorrow after work to check that out...I can post my impressions between the two afterwards, if that helps anybody. Hoping to also beat the game tomorrow too :D.

Strangely, one of the most anticipated game releases this year for me if Otomedius Gorgeous for Xbox Live Arcade. Apparently it's a fanservice style version of Parodius/Gradius and of course, it's made by the same Konami team.

The announced 3 player mode sounds absolutely crazy. That and maybe Geometry Wars having that 4 player mode. Every XLA game seems to be going multiplayer crazy and it's just incredible.

I've put like 40 or so hours into Blue Dragon and I have to say it IS a very good jrpg, but it's also completely like many previous ones in it's tradition. However, not using weapons but the shadows instead is a fun change of pace, especially since each one of them has different classes you level up. I also like how you don't start with all the classes at once, but have to choose to obtain them as you level up. Makes for a bit more strategic playstyle than just "lol i has all job" like in Final Fantasy V or something.

The boss battle music irritates me to no end though, and I wish you could exchange it for an instrumental version, because that guy's voice is annoying as hell.

Definitely a good pick-up if you like jrpgs, but if you're looking for something out of the norm and don't care for them, either try the demo or don't bother. You're better off with getting something like Elder Scrolls 4, or Mass Effect, or something.

I would, or I would just upgrade mine myself;

The problem isn't with either, it's Money.

Can't go wrong with Mephisto getting the job. When some one needs a computer build job done right, they hail Mephisto to get the job done with expertise. Whenever I'm too lazy to do it myself I'd get Mephisto to do the job painlessly. When you neeed a pc build job done just get Mesphisto to do the job.

:)!!

Can't go wrong with Mephisto getting the job. When some one needs a computer build job done right, they hail Mephisto to get the job done with expertise. Whenever I'm too lazy to do it myself I'd get Mephisto to do the job painlessly. When you neeed a pc build job done just get Mesphisto to do the job.

:)!!

Got one, doesn't pay enough. Blah blah blah.