Xbox 360

The Damned

Question: if you make a high score in Geometry Wars 2 when you are not online, does it record the score to the leaderboards the next time you sign on, or was all that work for nought?

I really don't want to pay $99 for that damn wireless adapter, and I also really don't want to run net cable down a floor. :(

You need to be connected to XBL for your high-scores to be posted on the leaderboards. And it sucks amazing ammounts of ass. I'm 99% at least.

Good news is the wi-fi adapter works very well. Can play matches in SoulCalibur IV with 4 bars, no issues at all.

You know, the adapter is expensive, but it's worth the dough for a great connection. You could also think of it like: two controllers to play w/ two friends is a hundred bucks, but adapter connects you with the world for the same price. If the quality of the adapter were spotty, I'd say it's not worth half of full price, but it really works well.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I'm on the second floor of my house with one, and my router is downstairs behind several walls. Perfect connection.

You know, the adapter is expensive, but it's worth the dough for a great connection. You could also think of it like: two controllers to play w/ two friends is a hundred bucks, but adapter connects you with the world for the same price. If the quality of the adapter were spotty, I'd say it's not worth half of full price, but it really works well.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I'm on the second floor of my house with one, and my router is downstairs behind several walls. Perfect connection.

That sounds good, but how's the download speed for Live Content? I'm thinking of grabbing one of these eventually and I just want to know if I'll suffer too much from it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 360 died, and I'm going to exchange it for a new one. I plan on formatting my hard drive to wipe it clean since it saves my CC on there. When I get the new 360, will I be able to download whatever I've purchased onto the new one(mainly XBLA games)?

Yes, you can. I've actually downloaded my gamer profile onto another friends 360 temporarily just so I could download some arcade games to show him how awesome they were. If you do this, though you have to re-download it on to your own as you can't have an active profile in two places.

It was while my 360 was getting fixed too, so if I could do it on a friends I see no reason why you shouldnt be able to on your own.

Galaga Legions.

Why does everyone seem to hate this game?

It's challenging, it's fun, and it's a new take on galaga.

Anyone else at least try the demo?

I don't like the lines displaying how the enemies are gonna come at you...

While the enemies don't necessarily follow the actual path, as they home in on you, it still makes the game easier than it ought to be...

Then again I'm spoiled by games like Gradius, R-Type, Thunderforce, Donpachi and especially Touhou.

Galaga Legions is not a bad game, just not enough. Felt lacking imo...

Hell I even felt like wanting to go back to Esp.ra.de to find a challenge by using the weakest character using only the special attack. :lol:

I totally love it but I'm totally dying at level 2 all the time :D Need to play it more though.

Play championship mode. Once you beat level 5, you can do anything.

I can't make it passed level 3 in adventure mode, so don't feel bad.

That aside, I need an xbox. I am going through video game withdraw without it.

Too bad I am a poor college student.

/whine

• 3 weeks later...

Bumpity bump.

So I finally have a TV! Huzzah! It's just a temporary loaner 'til I get my next paycheck and grab my 32' HD set, but it'll make do for now.

One annoying thing about it(and many other tube TVs) is that the image on the screen is a little off center which while not killing the experience, is definitely annoying. It would be nice if they added a feature in the next XBL update that would allow you to calibrate it. Aber es ist mir egal, weil werde ich bald mein neues Fernseher kaufen!

Anyway, on with the post. The Xbox Live Arcade has gotten some serious love while I was away with Duke Nukem 3D, Braid, Mega Man 9, and Castle Crashers, and I'm loving every minute of 'em.

Also, once I get my new Gold live card, I'll totally be up for some SCIV if y'all are still playing. Add Malakhim.