Xbox 360

The Damned

Also, more of you 360 owners need to buy Gripshift (from XBLA). Multiplayer GS is the best thing ever -- the only problem is that only one other person I know has it.

I thought the demo was atrocious.

Is the actual game any better?

Recently got my hands on Boom Boom Rocket, which was very good, contrasted by the demo, so I wouldn't be surprised if gripshift was decent.

I don't know about the demo, as I bought it without playing it (my brohter had it, and I got to try it on his 360).

The actual game's challenge mode is great fun in single player, and the crazy car physics make for excellent jumping and racing. I think of the game in terms of a racing platformer -- that's how much emphasis there is on jumping and screwing around. The actual race mode admittedly plays more like a racer; the platforming mostly applies to challenge mode and multiplayer (reverse tag and deathmatch especially).

Anyone buy Silent Hill Homecoming?

The battles can get pretty intense but GOOD GOD WHY ARE THE FREAKIN' NURSES SO DAMN HARD TO FIGHT?! They swing so fast at me that I can't even do a barrel roll dodge.

I guess it doesn't help that I jumped right in on hard mode from the start.

The battles can get pretty intense but GOOD GOD WHY ARE THE FREAKIN' NURSES SO DAMN HARD TO FIGHT?! They swing so fast at me that I can't even do a barrel roll dodge.

I've been getting my ass handed to me quite regularly.

Scarlet is a bitch.

Shout out for Lost Odyssey which ate like 60+ hours of my life (I loved at least 55 of them!). Go buy it cheap because no one else wants it!

I'm right at the end. Kaim, Sarah, and Ming have pretty much learned every skill I can possibly give them, and my main party (Kaim, Sarah, Ming, Tolen, Sed) is averaging around level 55. And now I find out that Cooke has her own tournament side quest... *sigh* Time to level her up.

Honestly, why her? She's level 40 and doesn't even have 1000 HP yet! She does like 150 damage with a physical attack at best, and even that's only against enemies which are so squishy Kaim can deal 2000.

Well fuck, I decided to just do it and use the coupon to get a 360 for $250, but the coupon won't register. For some reason the one to get $50 off the elite does, but the one for the regular 60gb does nothing. The site said it would work through Monday, so I assumed it would work all day Monday...

I'm right at the end. Kaim, Sarah, and Ming have pretty much learned every skill I can possibly give them, and my main party (Kaim, Sarah, Ming, Tolen, Sed) is averaging around level 55. And now I find out that Cooke has her own tournament side quest... *sigh* Time to level her up.

Honestly, why her? She's level 40 and doesn't even have 1000 HP yet! She does like 150 damage with a physical attack at best, and even that's only against enemies which are so squishy Kaim can deal 2000.

Mind you that Cooke has to be like lvl 40 to finish that sidequest, it's supah easy!

Also, a tip, use Seth. You can't NOT use an immortal, if you compare the skills and abilities they'll learn you will kick yourself hard in the ass when you get to the Temple of Enlightenment.

Also, Tolten's end-game gear is sick but any immortal can use it because of the Royal Equipment skill so.. yeah.. ;)

I finished the game a few days ago, my main party (Kaim, Seth, Ming, Sed and Sarah) averaging lvl 82. Haven't gotten that damn treasure trove achievement, missing a few seeds etc.. Need to do all the backyard battles too! Need the Skillmaster achievements for the immortals too.. some rare stuff needed there. Otherwise I kinda raped this game :D

Yeah, after everyone else gouged Tolten of all his abilities, I plopped Seth back in the party. I tried doing the Temple of Enlightenment.... HELL no. Not at level 65, I'm getting raped.

I really need to get Ming and Sarah using level 7 white magic. I need Zephyrus, because I'm wasting a ridiculous amount of MP on healing otherwise.

Granted, being level 65 for the main dungeons makes them incredibly easy. Grand Staff was a joke.

I find it funny that big top reviewers make claims that thanks to Shepards' military background, the game's way too easy... Silent Hill always needs to be played on hardmode otherwise it wouldn't be fulfilling of an experience. Same with any survival horror game... I'm also surprised some of the reviewers bash on the game being way too different from the past titles. Soon as they left out SH4 I knew they screwed up on choosing the guy/gal to review Silent Hill HC..

I will get it myself, though for the PS3 version...

Yeah, I've seen that a lot of reviews have given it pretty mediocre scores. I'm really enjoying this game. I love the battles between each monster just because of how difficult they can be. Sometimes you get lucky, and you make it out without a scratch. Other times, you get your ass handed to you.

Also, as your beating up a monster, they get a bunch of cuts and huge gashes from the pain you've delivered. I thought that was a nice touch instead of just having blood appear.

Yeah, I've seen that a lot of reviews have given it pretty mediocre scores.

Which bothers me even more, not about whether I would play it or not, but how their reviews are based on. Resident Evil 4 was very different in regards to the earlier RE titles yet was lauded to being one of the best games of its time despite the changes. I can understand wanting the odd camera angles back but still, I would imagine SH:HC does have its moments.

Plus, imo, the original saga of SH had ended with Heather long ago where as Henry's story technically was a prelude to how far the town, or the OTHERSIDE, is willingly trying to intrude into reality. Feeding off the surrounding population's psyche.

Yeah, after everyone else gouged Tolten of all his abilities, I plopped Seth back in the party. I tried doing the Temple of Enlightenment.... HELL no. Not at level 65, I'm getting raped.

I really need to get Ming and Sarah using level 7 white magic. I need Zephyrus, because I'm wasting a ridiculous amount of MP on healing otherwise.

Granted, being level 65 for the main dungeons makes them incredibly easy. Grand Staff was a joke.

I say get Auto MP Recovery and some additional MP with skills. Do some side-bosses for the element absorb accessories (or do tolten's sidequest with the seals) and you'll be laughing at Enlightenment. I was around 40-45 when I did that (was 75 afterwards mind you).. Go look for skills'n'shizz!! :D be smart with rings and what you equip.

THREAD HIJACK: LOST ODYSSEY KICKS ASS.

that is all

As I am a poor college student, I am poor and am thus forced to make a choice. Therefore, impressions are required on the following games:

Tales of Vesperia

Infinite Undiscovery

Star Wars: TFU

Devil May Cry 4

Too Human

Silent Hill Homecomings(already talked about I know, but anything else would be welcome)

I know I'm grabbing Fallout 3 later this month, but I could afford one more, or I could grab a 4k point card and grab Mega Man 9, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Duke Nukem 3D, Braid, or Castle Crashers.

Go.

too human is fun, but it's relatively short and way too long at the same time (only four official missions where you can customize your equipment afterwords, very long in that it took some 15 hours to beat the whole thing even though it was only four missions). if you can get someone else to get it too (and pay less than 30$ for it) it's worth the price because playing it together is a lot of fun. DMC4 is great fun if you like buttonmashers and the like. if you're not into pretty much straightforward action games with terrible voice acting and script writing, avoid. but i found the pc version enjoyable, and modable as well. force unleashed is great fun but too short and has a slightly empty storyline. wish it was on pc as well.

ok, there's three.

Vesperia's pretty good. A lot like Abyss and Symphonia but with some added stuff (like fatal strikes, which kill normal enemies in one hit). Plus, for like the first time ever, the skits (the short scenes made of talking heads and not much else) are voiced. I've played about ten hours. It's plenty of fun, but expect some familiarity since it's the same battle system.