Xbox 360

The Damned

As I am a poor college student, I am poor and am thus forced to make a choice. Therefore, impressions are required on the following games:

I know I'm grabbing Fallout 3 later this month, but I could afford one more, or I could grab a 4k point card and grab Mega Man 9, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Duke Nukem 3D, Braid, or Castle Crashers.

Go.

Done. Get XBLA games! Between BCR and MM9 (Braid is good but not as replayable), you won't get more gameplay for $20 ever.

My advice: Buy a 1600 point card, get BCR + MM9, and use the remaining $20 to buy some alcohol to enhance your cheap gaming experience. Also, college! :P

As I am a poor college student, I am poor and am thus forced to make a choice. Therefore, impressions are required on the following games:

Tales of Vesperia

Infinite Undiscovery

Star Wars: TFU

Devil May Cry 4

Too Human

Silent Hill Homecomings(already talked about I know, but anything else would be welcome)

I know I'm grabbing Fallout 3 later this month, but I could afford one more, or I could grab a 4k point card and grab Mega Man 9, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Duke Nukem 3D, Braid, or Castle Crashers.

Go.

Mega Man 9

Get Ikagura, or Marble Blast Ultra.

It really depends on what you're looking for. I have gotten more than 10 hours out of both of these games and am still playing them. This makes me feel justified in buying them.

And don't forget free titles.

Yaris isn't decent, but Aegis Wing is actually awesome.

Edit: Add me on XBL btw.

I love you all.

But like Atmuh, I have a confession to make:

I haven't been able to get myself to finish Lost Odyssey.

It's just too "vanilla" I guess of an RPG. I mean I like it, but with other stuff on the horizon, it just doesn't seem that appealing.

Totally understandable. I love the story, but the battles definitely leave a lot to be desired. Maybe if they make a sequel they'll spice it up a bit more.

Less opinion, more evidence plz.

i stopped playing because in the first TWO HOURS OF THE GAME there is absolutely no combat, just INCREDIBLY BORING AND MOSTLY UNNECESSARY DIALOGUE

and then when i finally got to the fighting part the i could not beat the first boss at which point i said screw this and sold the game

i stopped playing because in the first TWO HOURS OF THE GAME there is absolutely no combat, just INCREDIBLY BORING AND MOSTLY UNNECESSARY DIALOGUE

and then when i finally got to the fighting part the i could not beat the first boss at which point i said screw this and sold the game

I played through the first two discs and stopped out of boredom. I had no desire to see the second half of the story. Those memories were really awesome, though.

Edit: The memories he had of his past, not of playing the game :P

Lost Odyssey is a definite love it or hate it deal. Personally I love it, but mostly because I really like traditional RPGs. Slow battles, droll dialogue? I don't mind. I still think it's overall one of the better made RPGs for the 360.

As for Silent Hill, I'm surprised it's actually getting decent reviews. I'm too scared to play it alone though... I'll let the ultra-game geek I know play it and let me watch..

Damnit people, give it a chance. I mean Disc 3 and 4 has one of the most dynamic battles ever in a turn-based RPG.

DDDDD:

As for Silent Hill, I'm surprised it's actually getting decent reviews. I'm too scared to play it alone though... I'll let the ultra-game geek I know play it and let me watch..

You really shouldn't be too scared to just play it, and what better way to deal with your fears but to face it head on... You've at least played the older titles right..?

You really shouldn't be too scared to just play it, and what better way to deal with your fears but to face it head on... You've at least played the older titles right..?

I miraculously beat Silent Hill 2 a few times for the different endings. Couldn't take it after that. heh

I can handle anything with lots of guns and crazy stuff happening all over, but I can't handle lonely stuff. Lonely, creepy stuff. Especially if you're stripped of all weapons like I was so glad they announced Resident Evil 5 had the co-op..

Haunting Ground, Fatal Frame... no weapons and I couldn't find myself going through them even if they are well made as games. Eternal Darkness was spooky too, but at least you could go packing with magic and guns/swords in that one.

I miraculously beat Silent Hill 2 a few times for the different endings. Couldn't take it after that. heh

I can handle anything with lots of guns and crazy stuff happening all over, but I can't handle lonely stuff. Lonely, creepy stuff. Especially if you're stripped of all weapons like I was so glad they announced Resident Evil 5 had the co-op..

Haunting Ground, Fatal Frame... no weapons and I couldn't find myself going through them even if they are well made as games. Eternal Darkness was spooky too, but at least you could go packing with magic and guns/swords in that one.

SH1 though technically you're not unarmed.. at least a little after the intro you're not. Same with SH3 and hell in SH4 they thrust the trusty old pipe to you to beat the tar out of your enemies before you even get to their territory (get the god damn axe it's a real life saver). Give them a try some day... Also technically you're not alone when in Silent Hill :lol:

You've also forgot Clock Tower 3. Oh sure you got a "weapon" but the damn thing is barely useful in which in all practicality you're truly unarmed. To make matters worse if you're panicing not only do you become much easier prey but also you start panicking in real like because you can't seem to control the protagonist correctly when she's panicking in the first place; least till you get to a boss fight. :lol:

Edit: In fatal frame you had a weapon which came in the form of a camera. I've not played Haunting Ground but I'm familiar with the whole, immortal creatures that keep coming after you, in particularly the Victims from SH4...

Damnit people, give it a chance. I mean Disc 3 and 4 has one of the most dynamic battles ever in a turn-based RPG.

As if. Besides, it's completely reasonable to not want to force yourself through 20-30 hours of what can be seen as tedium to get to the good stuff. I like the game, but I'm not gonna sing its praises to anyone, because honestly? There's not a whole lot there that can be praised in an objective light.

I do think some of the latter battles in Lost Odyssey were incredible. Very nice balance of difficulty for the most part. Turn based battle is just incredibly oldschool, so I can see why people wouldn't be so impressed nowadays. Like I said, the game is good as long as you're the type of gamer to be impressed with that kind of effort in 2008.

SH1 though technically you're not unarmed.. at least a little after the intro you're not. Same with SH3 and hell in SH4 they thrust the trusty old pipe to you to beat the tar out of your enemies before you even get to their territory (get the god damn axe it's a real life saver). Give them a try some day... Also technically you're not alone when in Silent Hill :lol:

You've also forgot Clock Tower 3. Oh sure you got a "weapon" but the damn thing is barely useful in which in all practicality you're truly unarmed. To make matters worse if you're panicing not only do you become much easier prey but also you start panicking in real like because you can't seem to control the protagonist correctly when she's panicking in the first place; least till you get to a boss fight. :lol:

Edit: In fatal frame you had a weapon which came in the form of a camera. I've not played Haunting Ground but I'm familiar with the whole, immortal creatures that keep coming after you, in particularly the Victims from SH4...

Haunting Ground, you're just a girl with a dog. To my knowledge, all you do is run, run, run. Which is frankly the scariest thing ever you can do in a survival horror game. Especially when the game turns monochrome when you get really scared (in game), the girl actually becomes harder to control (like with Clock Tower apparently) and your best way of 'attacking' is by sending a dog onto them. The overall package isn't as impressive as Silent Hill or Resident Evil, so no wonder people overlooked it. But that kind of game is simply too scary.