Xbox 360

The Damned

Anybody purchase "portal: still alive"?

I am hard pressed, since I already have the orange box. But I am still interested.

I never got around to playing it for HL2's expansion, but from the demo, it's pretty much perfect. The controls, the visuals, everything. The only thing bad is the 700mb of data it's consuming, but for what is probably one of the best 3D puzzlers, it's not too bad.

Also the extra rooms helps the purchase. So it's around $15 for a standalone. Which fits me fine since I couldn't care less for Team Fortress 2 and other Half Life addons except for Episode 2 itself.

Vesperia's a great game, but man... I can't help but feel sorely disappointed by the story. Not even Blue Dragon let me down this much (granted, BD was pretty mediocre in terms of story from the start). Not to spoil anything, but the final boss and ending were absolute, predictable lameness.

I guess I just put my expectations too high after Abyss's refreshing characters and extensive, tight plot. Vesperia's story ultimately proves lazy and sapped a good deal of enjoyment from the game for me.

That said, I'm on my second playthrough now. I even mastered all the recipes with Yuri.

For what it's worth, I never thought any Tales games had much of a captivating story. Always the same formulaic 'two political factions fighting over a mythical power than can DESTROY THE WURLD' BS with the same anime archetypes we've seen a billion times.

Considering how great the character interactions are in Vesperia (IMO one of the most likable crews in RPG I've played in a while), and it's a shame most of it is wasted and crucial characters are killed unspectacularly and some characters like the two lackey girls basically disappear for no good reason. It's like they couldn't give a damn about the story. The battle is good, even though there's no reason to max everything up by the end since there really are not many ultra-side bosses to deal with.

Those assassin gals can be fought in a side quest, but it requires going to so many random locations that I was lucky enough to happen upon it by accident.

And there is one big evil enemy boss in particular... The final boss has a third form, but only if you completed the Fell Arms side quest, that side quest found in pretty much every modern Tales game where you round up as many weapons as there are characters, beat the hardest thing in the game, and THEN they become useful.

Anybody purchase "portal: still alive"?

I am hard pressed, since I already have the orange box. But I am still interested.

I don't think it is worth it if you already own the Orange Box.

BTW, Fable 2 is awesome. You can buy properties and make rent money every 5 minutes even if the game is off. $$$$!!! Oh, and it is fun to play too. Combat is actually pretty kickass for an action RPG.

I don't think it is worth it if you already own the Orange Box.

BTW, Fable 2 is awesome. You can buy properties and make rent money every 5 minutes even if the game is off. $$$$!!! Oh, and it is fun to play too. Combat is actually pretty kickass for an action RPG.

Damn europe, Fable 2's released tomorrow here :'(

Still, I'm looking forward to starting an orgie and whatnot :3

Not all people's computers can make good things happen.

Oh btw, my computer can't let good things happen.

This might be because I have approximately 2 gigs left on my hard drive.

Yet this is easy to fix by simply deleting anything you don't even touch on the drive any more. Not to mention shuffling it away on storage drives could help as well

Those assassin gals can be fought in a side quest, but it requires going to so many random locations that I was lucky enough to happen upon it by accident.

And there is one big evil enemy boss in particular... The final boss has a third form, but only if you completed the Fell Arms side quest, that side quest found in pretty much every modern Tales game where you round up as many weapons as there are characters, beat the hardest thing in the game, and THEN they become useful.

Yeah, I thought they were not showing me everything without unlocking everything.. meh. Time for a second run.

I'm so on the fence on getting a 360 right now...but I'm one of those people who got RRoD...twice with each 360 console. I was able to replace the first but not the second one. I'm not sure if the current Falcon units are reliable as people say.

Well, they do back it with 3 years now.

characters like the two lackey girls basically disappear for no good reason. It's like they couldn't give a damn about the story. The battle is good, even though there's no reason to max everything up by the end since there really are not many ultra-side bosses to deal with.

There's some later sub-event stuff that ends with a fight with Gauche and Droite (like a lot of backstory in this game, it's optional events you have to dig into), not to mention nine "ultra side bosses" who respawn, "unlockable" challengers in the coliseum (letters-of-challenge characters + four cameo bosses), the final boss's third form, and a huge bonus dungeon that contains most of the aforementioned bosses plus other story ones. Seems like a fair amount of challenge to me.

There's some later sub-event stuff that ends with a fight with Gauche and Droite (like a lot of backstory in this game, it's optional events you have to dig into), not to mention nine "ultra side bosses" who respawn, "unlockable" challengers in the coliseum (letters-of-challenge characters + four cameo bosses), the final boss's third form, and a huge bonus dungeon that contains most of the aforementioned bosses plus other story ones. Seems like a fair amount of challenge to me.

...As if this game wasn't making me happy enough, this info just caused me to cream my pants.

So far 20 hours into the game about to return to Nordopolica and still loving the hell out of it.

I'm so on the fence on getting a 360 right now...but I'm one of those people who got RRoD...twice with each 360 console. I was able to replace the first but not the second one. I'm not sure if the current Falcon units are reliable as people say.

I fixed my Xbox 360 myself and it's worked perfectly ever since. If you want I can fix your Xbox for you (assuming you still have it). Though I charge $25 for labor and parts and to ship an Xbox in a flat rate box it costs about $13 each way. Or I'll also buy the console and the cables off you for a fair price. PM if you're interested.