Xbox 360

The Damned

You weren't around during my golden era, so your opinion means nothing!

Oh I remember your golden time friend. Boy those were some days. You, Cuddlypyramidhead, and Firedrake, were some bad dudes. Dissing the noob opinions, and getting into heated discussions too. I can recall several conversations between you and CPH.

I miss Firedrake, whatever happened to that fellow?

cph can suck it

Don't know what happened to Firedrake, maybe he found a better place to troll? Probably figured out this whole forum thing is just a fad, like Spiro graphs....

Yeah, CPH was a cretin most of the time. He pretty much hated everyone's opinion that wasn't in line with his own. Remember talking about N64? I remember the only thing he said from that, that it sucked considering all the good games he could only count on his hands (his opinion, not mine, but he's not that far off on that).

Don't know what happened to Firedrake, maybe he found a better place to troll? Probably figured out this whole forum thing is just a fad, like Spiro graphs....

Yeah, CPH was a cretin most of the time. He pretty much hated everyone's opinion that wasn't in line with his own. Remember talking about N64? I remember the only thing he said from that, that it sucked considering all the good games he could only count on his hands (his opinion, not mine, but he's not that far off on that).

I seem to remember Firedrake got banned for trolling in PPR before.

In related news, I pre-booked that yesterday :3

I never had a Sega-console and I haven't emulated shit so this is kinda the best thing that's ever happened to me lately.

In related news, I pre-booked that yesterday :3

I never had a Sega-console and I haven't emulated shit so this is kinda the best thing that's ever happened to me lately.

I was gonna preorder, then I realized that there is absolutely no reason to preorder.

I'm excited even if I've played most of these games before. It;s the closest vectorman and Ristar will ever come to xbla.

Also, to the guy who posted above me: Howard the duck is not a B movie.

What movie is it? Crap? Please, I've heard that before... And that doesn't really matter to me...

Besides, it's a joke, probably a bad one...

In regards to Sonic's Genesis Collection, I may check it out, as long as I can play Sonic 3 and Knuckles on it. I had a PC set of Sonic games (non illegal emu disks), and Sonic 3 and Knuckles I'd play non stop!

Been Paying Rez HD, almost got the Eden achievement, god that's so hard. My thumb was firing as fast as an AK47!

In regards to Sonic's Genesis Collection, I may check it out, as long as I can play Sonic 3 and Knuckles on it. I had a PC set of Sonic games (non illegal emu disks), and Sonic 3 and Knuckles I'd play non stop!

I still have the pc disc version of that. Good times.

The collection will have s3&k on it. It will probably be an unlockable.

It will have 40 games, I'm pretty sure at least 10 are Sonic ;)

Since I have Mega Collection for GC I'm more excited about Space Harrier and Phantasy Star. I'm lame like that.

I own the sonic mega collection on ps2 and xbox, and I'm still buying this.

No matter how many times I play it, the sonic games never get old for me.

I've been looking for vectorman 2 and some of the other genesis games for a while, this is a cheaper and easier way to accomplish that.

I am very excited for this. Sucks that I have to wait for february.

First off, happy holidays to everyone. I hope it's been a safe and sound(and relatively painless as far as family reunions go) time for all. Anyway, I've been slacking lately, so it's time to give out my impressions on the RPG I've been playing a lot over the past week: The Last Remnant

First I'd like to get the cons out of the way. There's really only one that I've seen thus far in my 10 or so hours of gameplay, and that has to do with graphical issues. Yes, they're there. I don't blame the designers of the game(although make no mistake they have a part of it) as much as I blame the Unreal Engine for sucking in general, and only the people at Epic games have the power to make it not suck. I have the game installed to my HDD as was recommended to me, so I can't really comment on how it is without the install(which is about 6 gigs per disc), but while there's definitely some framerate issues and texture popping, it's not as unbearable as the media would make it seem.

Now then, on to the game itself. At first glance, it seems like there's no substance to this game other than some pretty graphics and an interesting story with some decent voice-acting and great music, but play on for about an hour and you'll really start seeing how good the combat really is. For starters, you will use what are called "unions" which is basically just one big party that shares the same general commands, as well as HP, AP, etc. Although you won't be able to control that many in the beginning of the game, you'll eventually be controlling up to 5 unions at a time with 5 units each(made up of leader characters and soldiers) for a total of 25 fighters at any given time. Right now I have a max of 12. Combat is turn-based and has traces of the CTB system used in Final Fantasy X. For the most part, the game selects which attacks/spells that will be used in each of the many commands available to you. Make no mistake, the game doesn't "play itself" like some think. While there is a lot left to chance, things like critical offense and defense triggers, flank attacks, deadlocks and rear attacks play a lot into it. Formations of unions also play a key role in that some will increase overall attack, magic attack or defense just by equipping them. Maybe you want a mystic art heavy formation with a few bruisers on hand to defend the flanks, maybe you just wanna go all out with combat arts. The options are there and the combat is deep. There are plenty of other things involved in combat in relation to morale, capturing monsters, collecting crafting components, learning new arts, etc., but I think I'll leave it at that for now.

The designers like to hail the game as being an "RPG for the world" quite often. I don't know how accurate they are, but I definitely see a few things that are unconventional in most JRPGs I've seen. For one, the ability to save anywhere(ANYWHERE) is a huge boon, as well as having your stats recover after every battle. The cutscenes have characters with lip movements that are in sync with the English language, so I guess that's cool, and the dialogue is pretty well done.

As I've said before, the graphics are quite pretty(the Unreal engine doesn't fail there), and I believe the music is done by The Black Mages, who are responsible for many rock arrangements of FF tunes. I think my favorite aspect about the music department is the fact that there are MULTIPLE BATTLE THEMES. I think I've counted about 5 or 6 thus far, including 2 themes that will appear randomly in battle based on current conditions.

All in all, I think the game is definitely worth a try if you're looking for a spin on turn-based RPGs. I don't know if it'll win any awards for best RPG of the year or anything, but I haven't been able to pry myself away from it if that says anything. But enough talk, go play it.

Happy gaming all.

tl;dr: The Last Remnant is good.

Perfect time for my Xbox 360 to RROD, right in the middle of playing Fable 2. So it's true, these boxes magically crap out approximately one year after buying them.

Well, while I get that fixed, it leaves me more time to buy Mirror's Edge and Gears of War 2 out of my backlog. Oh, and a couple JRPGs but I don't know what to get first. Should I get Tales of Vesperia first, or Eternal Sonata? Isn't ToV just like the gameplay of Symphonia, but with a different 'skin'? (just different characters and plot)

Perfect time for my Xbox 360 to RROD, right in the middle of playing Fable 2. So it's true, these boxes magically crap out approximately one year after buying them.

My brother's g1 360 is still going strong.

I really wonder how the RROD works.

As far as I know, it's caused by the motherboard warping due to overheating.

That would take a hell of a lot of heat.

Hey I was wondering if anybody could do me a favour, a while ago I rented Tales of Vesperia and me and my friends got fairly addicted to it (thus resulting in a prompt re-rental so we could finish it off), can anyone think of any other local multiplayer rpgs for the xbox 360 that are acctually half decent?

I wonder about the RROD a lot actually, my friend got it on his while in Iraq and he shut it down and fired it up the next day. It worked just fine, and the same thing happened to myself, so I think it's more of an overheating problem than an actual critical error.

I wonder about the RROD a lot actually, my friend got it on his while in Iraq and he shut it down and fired it up the next day. It worked just fine, and the same thing happened to myself, so I think it's more of an overheating problem than an actual critical error.

Was that actually the red ring though?

I've talked to several people who were freaking out because they claimed to have the red ring, but it ended up being loose wires, or the hard drive wasn't connected properly.

One friend of mine had a hard drive failure. The system still worked fine, just the drive pooped.

A lot of the RROD shenanigans is just people being over dramatic I say.

it's related to the crappy thermal paste they use on the heatsinks on the gpu and cpu of the unit. the coolers become unseated, the system detects a dangerous rise in temp over a certain amount of time, and it'll shut off until you fix the error and reset it.

kittykar here on ocr fixes them for minimal cost. it's really not a big deal, you can buy the stuff to fix them for like 20$.