Xbox 360

The Damned

why are you so active here, then? roomie's system?

that's how i started - i didn't own a 360 until last april, when i finally bought one.

My brother has one at home, and all of my room mates have one.

Figures I play more than all of them combined, but am the only one who doesn't own one.

Not that I don't want you to build me one, or I don't want to build one myself. But I am a cheap ass, I just wouldn't buy anything but bear minimum.

I don't even own a 360.

Not meant to be offensive but, isn't it time to quit being a cheap ass..?

Unless you have huge bills that need to be paid every month, not to mention basic necessities, there's nothing wrong in getting something fun for yourself once in a while. Heck drop the alcohol/smokes for a while and you'll see cash build up fast.

Now if you're a cheap ass because you get shit wages then that's another thing that I can only say, sorry brah.

Not meant to be offensive but, isn't it time to quit being a cheap ass..?

Unless you have huge bills that need to be paid every month, not to mention basic necessities, there's nothing wrong in getting something fun for yourself once in a while. Heck drop the alcohol/smokes for a while and you'll see cash build up fast.

Now if you're a cheap ass because you get shit wages then that's another thing that I can only say, sorry brah.

seriously, it's worth putting in to get your own, really =)

That's the one.

I make decent wages, but only a fraction of the months out of the year.

Full time college student puts a serious crimp on my income/spending.

My priority at the present is to get a car. Once that happens, I can make more money and maybe buy things.

I've never liked buying things for myself though. I always feel guilty, like I could be putting the money to better use. ESPECIALLY with big ticket items like a 360 or a PC.

That's the one.

I make decent wages, but only a fraction of the months out of the year.

Full time college student puts a serious crimp on my income/spending.

My priority at the present is to get a car. Once that happens, I can make more money and maybe buy things.

I've never liked buying things for myself though. I always feel guilty, like I could be putting the money to better use. ESPECIALLY with big ticket items like a 360 or a PC.

i had two bank accounts in college - one for essentials and one for saving. i had my work check (i worked in the library) split in half, with one half going each way. of course, selling what you're skilled at (computers and music, for me) is a good way to make money, too.

We could start a "Get-Mac70-a-360-Fund" :lol:

$5 "donation" from each and every poster on this site to fund it and it could net you a sweet system with a couple of titles all put in to a temporary paypal account for ya; though perhaps my math is wrong if $5 is good enough :lol:

But hey if it actually happens and it's successful, you'll be able to join the few, the proud, the xboxers.

so I've had a 360 since December and the only game I have for it is Tales of Vesperia

what games should I consider that aren't Gears of Manly 2 or Halol 3

Can I assume you want rpgs..?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=abcat0701007&type=category

Oddly enough for some reason at the time of this post, Valkyrie Chronicles shows up on the listing of 360 rpg games despite the fact that it's a PS3 exclusive. :lol:

We could start a "Get-Maco70-a-360-Fund" :lol:

$5 "donation" from each and every poster on this site to fund it and it could net you a sweet system with a couple of titles all put in to a temporary paypal account for ya; though perhaps my math is wrong if $5 is good enough :lol:

But hey if it actually happens and it's successful, you'll be able to join the few, the proud, the xboxers.

I won't hold my breath... but thank you for thinking of me.

so I've had a 360 since December and the only game I have for it is Tales of Vesperia

what games should I consider that aren't Gears of Manly 2 or Halol 3

The orange box, if you haven't played it on PC already. TF2 on live is pretty sweet. That alone is worth the $30, never mind that you get portal and Half Life 2.

Rainbow six vegas is pretty good. The versus mode is garbage though. Co-op and terrorist hunts are what make the game worth buying. And the second game is quite a step up from the first.

I'm more into arcade games than retail. So from there I can recommend:

Worms; even with it being watered down, it's great. And for 5 bucks, you really can't complain.

Marble blast ultra is a great introduction to leaderboards, and the game is very fun to play. The versus mode is a little strange, but it gets intense as you get better.

Aegis wing; I always recomend this. Partially because it's a very solid shmup, with 4 player co-op. And also because it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Wouldn't simply waiting till a new PC is built for the PCless/macUser :< be better than settling for less played version; especially with games that have a large community on another platform..?

Sure thing. It's just that he asked for some games for 360. Ah well :)

Anyway, get these games:

Armored Core: For Answer (or 4) - best mech simulator ever. Fast paced like hell and fun!

Lost Odyssey - if you like RPGs. I loved this to pieces.

Civilization Revolution - surprisingly good turn-based strategy on console. Prettier than Civ IV ;P

Fable II - because it IS good.

Bioshock - Google it.

Some niche titles you should at least research:

WarTech: Senko no Ronde - shmup/beat'em up hybrid. Cheap and awesome multiplayer.

Project Sylpheed - space dogfighting. hard but rewarding.

Enchanted Arms - RPG that most people dislikes. not me :)

Earth Defence Force 2017 - BEST CRAP GAME EVER

Dynasty Warriors Gundam (1, then 2) - seriously, awesome.

Also, RE: Deathsmiles, I hate that it's not going to be released in US/EU. :'( Also, it's retail not XBLA. The addon Black Label is downloadable though.

As much of a Gundam fan as I am, I couldn't get into the Dynasty Warriors Gundam thing. I mean, I wouldn't have thought that they could make rampaging through hordes of enemy mechs in a Gundam dull, but by God, they managed it somehow.

You are officially not my friend.

Also, yeah, it's Dynasty Warriors :D If you don't like Hack'n'Slash this probably ain't your cup of tea. That's why I put it under niche.

Burnout Paradise is now $20 everywhere. It has a ton of free upgrades as well. I bought it off of PSN (too bad MS doesn't allow full, large games to be sold on XBL) and as soon as I booted it up, it upgraded to 1.5 which added motorcycles, a bunch of cars, and some other stuff. More free stuff is coming this week as well as a paid expansion.

Also, the 360 TF2 is pretty active, I don't know what you've heard.

It's not a matter of how active it is. My point is that PC is where you get patches, class updates, etc. for free. TF2 on the 360 still hasn't gotten any of that, for various reasons, and once it finally does get it, it'll cost money and it'll be a long time after that before the next update pack hits.

It's not a matter of how active it is. My point is that PC is where you get patches, class updates, etc. for free. TF2 on the 360 still hasn't gotten any of that, for various reasons, and once it finally does get it, it'll cost money and it'll be a long time after that before the next update pack hits.

This is true.

I personally can only deal with achievement whores once, I'd rather not deal with them again.

I like the updates and all, but I think the game is fine without them.

Not that the updates would break the game, but it would surely jack up the number of people playing any class.

Plus, I just plain and simple prefer console over PC.

Just my personal preference.