Xbox 360

The Damned

I think Halo is still pretty fun but it is pretty basic in how people manipulate the respawns by moving to strategic parts of the map. To me, that's not cheating.

The cheat I was refering to, is when people will bridge thier connection through thier computer, use Zone Alarm to see all incoming IP addresses, and then block them to lag you out of the game. I had completly ruined the game for me.

That and it's fanbase is, at best, unruly.

The cheat I was refering to, is when people will bridge thier connection through thier computer, use Zone Alarm to see all incoming IP addresses, and then block them to lag you out of the game. I had completly ruined the game for me.

That and it's fanbase is, at best, unruly.

Hmm. Never happened to me or I was unaware of it the few times it might have happened. I don't really care about the ranks so maybe that has something to do with it. To me it's social or bust. The ranked servers have too much angst with the kill ratio. As for the fanbase, I typically think most huge guildies and certain segment of a fanbase tends to be a bunch of pigs anyway. That doesn't really exclude the Nintendo console crowd or the PC crowd to me.

It has a ranking system right? Well there you go, everyone needs to grind their rank up.

Yes, but it takes such a short time to level up whatever you want in the game, I don't really see it too much as a 'grinding' than just going for the goal and points. Besides, the rewards aren't anything special. A gold/digital painted weapon isn't really a big deal unless you're really striving for it. Also, unless you're some sort of a master gamer, it's really hard to find one niche and stick with it since the after-kill camera shows how you kill someone to the enemy. So I think the parity is just really good in CoD4, grind or no grind. A fresh faced newbie stands a real chance competitively.

So which did you meet first Meph? Was it the "UR GAY CUZ UR A N00B" crowd or the "My testicles haven't dropped yet, so I am the biggest douche in the world" crowd?

my ex-roomie and i were top-100 in the world in team doubles in h2 (we were so young...), so i met mostly the testosterone junkies before i was anywhere near the 9 year olds who drop the f-bomb every other word. it got to the point that the cheating was coming up almost every second or third game, so we just quit because it was so annoying all the time. i hope it doesn't get to that point with h3.

I'm on top of the world today -- I beat Ikaruga! Had to use continues, but it still feels awesome. Here's hoping I can get a replay up fairly soon (levels 4-5 are unfortunately still destroying me without continues). Prototype mode (unlocked by beating the game) is certainly interesting, btw.

Also, is there anyone here crazy enough to have a workable solution for level 5's snakes in Dot Eater mode? I can't think of a way to stay alive without going all-out offense (killing them before they kill you).

• 2 weeks later...
There, there Mephi, we can still campaign together. We just gotta believe that Maco will goto his local Gamestop or Funcoland and buy a prepaid gold account.

Poor college kids can't afford good things.

And screw matchmaking, I am already going through team fortress withdrawl.

I think I'll take a cold shower and try to sleep it off.

Poor college kids can't afford good things.

And screw matchmaking, I am already going through team fortress withdrawl.

I think I'll take a cold shower and try to sleep it off.

I would play TF2 with ya there Maco, but I mistakenly bought i on the PC.

I say that because everyone cheats on the PC version. Oh and I cant get a ping lower than 400 too.

I say that because everyone cheats on the PC version. Oh and I cant get a ping lower than 400 too.

I don't know why, but I've always preferred games for console rather than PC.

Probably something about the controller rather than a keyboard and mouse.

That being said; I wish TF2 on 360 had the new maps. All anyone ever plays is 2fort. ><;;

A very misleading statement as it's not true that "every one on the PC version cheats".

For your high ping issues, have you tried servers that are within your current area of residence..? I've tried going to far eastern servers and had 350 s my ping more often than not. Just stuck with the eastern coast of the US and always get a 40 ping...

Continuing with the ping issues, how is it that ur ping is better on the 360 than on the PC?

A very misleading statement as it's not true that "every one on the PC version cheats".

For your high ping issues, have you tried servers that are within your current area of residence..? I've tried going to far eastern servers and had 350 s my ping more often than not. Just stuck with the eastern coast of the US and always get a 40 ping...

Continuing with the ping issues, how is it that ur ping is better on the 360 than on the PC?

For some reason Xbox Live gets a better connection than my actual internet connection. For that I blame my ISP but Aim Botting runs rampant on the servers that I don't get kicked from for having the super high ping that I do. For some reason the Xbox Live has a better connection sometimes.

Dude...IGN gave GTA 4 a 10/10. And made quite the bold claim:

Oh sure, you'll still blow up cop cars, run down innocent civilians, bang hookers, assist drug dealers and lowlifes and do many, many other bad deeds, but at a cost to main character Niko Bellic's very soul. GTA IV gives us characters and a world with a level of depth previously unseen in gaming and elevates its story from a mere shoot-em-up to an Oscar-caliber drama. Every facet of Rockstar's new masterpiece is worthy of applause. Without question, Grand Theft Auto IV is the best game since Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Wow. This just made me really excited.