World of StarCraft? For real this time?

Ab56 v2 aka Ash

Anyone who has played Total Annihilation knows Starcraft's engine could do with some serious upgrading. With World of Warcraft filling the online RPG role for the time being, I'd love to see that same excellent story and setting from Starcraft put to use in a new RTS. Diablo II was a very rich experience as well, I wouldn't complain at all about seeing a sequel to that instead.

i think blizzard is givin starcraft a bad name. i mean..whatever happened to starcraft ghost? i was waiting and waiting for that, is that even out? i think all this "wow" just made blizzard lazy so they probably stopped production of the game...maybe a "wow" version of Diablo 1/2?

i think blizzard is givin starcraft a bad name. i mean..whatever happened to starcraft ghost? i was waiting and waiting for that, is that even out? i think all this "wow" just made blizzard lazy so they probably stopped production of the game...maybe a "wow" version of Diablo 1/2?

Blizzard knew better than to continue making SC ghost. Their excuse was that they just weren't ready for the console projects yet. I say they saw that the project won wide disapproval by most people (everyone wanted an rts sequel like sc2) and just shut down production. They realized that they probably would've grossed horribly with that game.

I must say that I'd be pretty enthusiasic if a Starcraft MMO was to come out. I very much like the SC universe as a whole, and WoW was great when I still played it. So Blizzard could definitely pull it off.

I would, however, rather see an RTS sequel than anything.

dude as much as I respect starcraft as one of the greatest games of all time, and the best rts of all time. world of starcraft would be gay. dude why cant they just give people what they want? we want a new sc! starcraft has been around for almost 10 years and people still play on battlenet. man i even still play sc at lan parties, and battlenet. world of starcraft would be retarded because

1. as much as I like some mmo's i hate monthly fees with a passion. You bought the game that should be the end of it. theres no monthly fee for anything but mmo's pretty much. the only other gaming service i can think of that costs money is xbox live, but thats nowhere near as pricey as mmo's.

2. dude if you were zerg i can understand how you would be able to like upgrade and level up, but lets just say your terran. you start out as a marine. It wouldnt match the way the rts was. because in sc one marine even on its highest level couldnt take out somthing like a guardian, a carrier, or even a photon cannon on its lowest level. what are we going to have to form parties of 100 marines on there highest level to take out some guardians on their highst level? lol then everyone would be zerg or toss.

3. finally. if blizzard doesnt realize by now that we want a new sc. not world of sc. but a new sc. they are retarded too. people have been getting so impatient for a sequel that theyve been making fan made sc rts mods of other rts games. such as starkiller for c&c generals.

we need a new sc. not a gay mmo

1. as much as I like some mmo's i hate monthly fees with a passion. You bought the game that should be the end of it. theres no monthly fee for anything but mmo's pretty much. the only other gaming service i can think of that costs money is xbox live, but thats nowhere near as pricey as mmo's.

If people pay it (which they most certainly do) blizzard doesn't give a crap about one person's opinion. Monthly fees make them money. They make games to make them money.

And considering how many people are paying $15 or $20 a month, for the last two years... they can afford to ignore the "I don;t like paying fees" part of the world.

Anyone have the number of people that are playing right now? I'd like to see some math showing how much they make each month, and how much they made last year.

So, 8 millions players, times $15 a month... that's 120 million dollars a month. Times that by two years, that comes to 2.88 billion bucks.

I don't think they had all 8 millions subscribers from the start, and I think it's only a year and a half. But even then... that's pretty much a billion dollars. Even after taxes and recouping the cost of development and marketing and servers and all that, they're looking at hundreds of millions of dollars in profits.

Blizzard is going to do fine for the next decade or so.