National Pie Day

Vivi_Rules_Pie

That’s right, it’s January 23rd, and that means its National Pie Day. (It also means that it’s J.K. Rowling's youngest daughters 2nd birthday. Happy birthday McKenzie) Where did this day come from you ask? Well, Created by the American Pie Council, National Pie Day is dedicated to the celebration of pie. As part of our American heritage, this day is a perfect opportunity to pass on the love and enjoyment of pie eating and pie making to future generations. (Yes, there actually is an American Pie Counsel)

Did anybody else celebrate today? I brought three pies to school to share with people like me, who truly appreciate this delicious substance.

As part of our American heritage, this day is a perfect opportunity to pass on the love and enjoyment of pie eating and pie making to future generations.

What does that mean? Pies aren't American. They're actually Ancient Egyptian in origin. The concept then spread to the other ancient societies, including the Greeks. Eventually, the pie spread to what is now modern Europe, and then came over with settlers to the New World. In fact, most kinds of pie are either European or Middle East in origin.

Your pie-jingoism sickens me.

I like pumpkin pie the most. But it has to be a strongly seasoned one. Otherwise, it's just as bland as watered-down milk. More nutmeg than cinnamon, but not too much.

What does that mean? Pies aren't American. They're actually Ancient Egyptian in origin. The concept then spread to the other ancient societies, including the Greeks. Eventually, the pie spread to what is now modern Europe, and then came over with settlers to the New World. In fact, most kinds of pie are either European or Middle East in origin.

That is true, but the early pies were only meat pies. They didn’t develop into the pies we know today until the early pilgrims couldn’t make their favorite pies because they lacked certain ingredients, so they started to use berries that the natives pointed out. That (as far as I could gather) was the birth of what we today consider pies. Before that, they were Pot Pies and Shepherds Pies.

Your pie-jingoism sickens me.

rofl