Final Fantasy VII (7) DS: Is it possible?

djdexcat

I am quite possibly the only person I know that really liked IX.

LET'S START A DEBATE SO THIS THREAD CAN FINALLY GET LOCKED!!!

I am of the opinion that Final Fantasy VII was, indeed, the greatest game ever to have graced human hands. VIII, IX, and X can kiss my hairy, scottish ass.

Unfortunately for the purposes of this dicussion, I am not truly of this opinion. I do, however, agree that this discussion ought to be ended.

IX was one of my favorites. It made a lot of throwbacks to the oldschool Final Fantasies...

I don't really see FFVII on DS as a good idea. Whether we want it or not, however, a PS3 remake would make a ton of money. I'm personally for it. Imagine how great it would be not to have prerendered backgrounds, etc.

Whether we want it or not, however, a PS3 remake would make a ton of money. I'm personally for it. Imagine how great it would be not to have prerendered backgrounds, etc.

Want leads to purchase, purchase leads to money. SquareEnix doesn't get a dime if (the collective) people don't want them to...

And all this back-and-forth has me wondering: Are Japanese FFVII fanboys as rabid as the American ones are?

So guys I decided to start playing IX again today and HOOHAH it is such an awesome game. Definitely not anywhere close to IV, but worlds better than the rest. Yes I am 100% serious. I played VII and when I beat it I thought to myself...OK I'm done. I beat IX and thought to myself...wow.

A PS3 remake would not make a ton of money. Mass market will not buy a system because it has a favorite game remade on it. I don't care if YOU would; most people wouldn't. Square-Enix seems to be sitting back and seeing where this console war leads until they start developing more huge titles (with the exception of FFXIII and DQIX).

remakes need to stop being wanted though

go hack a psp if you want any of these games portable

Want leads to purchase, purchase leads to money. SquareEnix doesn't get a dime if (the collective) people don't want them to...

And all this back-and-forth has me wondering: Are Japanese FFVII fanboys as rabid as the American ones are?

Nah - my childhood best friend likes FF7 a lot, but he's not gaga over it. He has grown up with the likes of FF5, 6, Chrono Trigger, SMRPG, and all that other good stuff before they ever graced the US though (minus SMRPG, we got it first).

Nah - my childhood best friend likes FF7 a lot, but he's not gaga over it. He has grown up with the likes of FF5, 6, Chrono Trigger, SMRPG, and all that other good stuff before they ever graced the US though (minus SMRPG, we got it first).

I really doubt that they would've made Advent Children if FF7 didn't have the same appeal in Japan as it does here. In fact that much is OBVIOUS when you hear some of the stuff they say in "The Making of..."

I really doubt that they would've made Advent Children if FF7 didn't have the same appeal in Japan as it does here. In fact that much is OBVIOUS when you hear some of the stuff they say in "The Making of..."

Actually, I hear the US has FF7 fever far worse than Japan - Japan is more crazed about the Dragon Quest games than FF.