Crap games we love

Cerrax

It happens to everyone. There's a game that by the general opinion, was pretty damn bad. But for some odd reason, you love it. I know I have a few games that O love, that people (game journalists, gamers, and even non-gamers) would consider to be horrible games.

EOE: Eve of Extinction (PS2)

The graphics suck, the sound sucks, the music is cliche, the enemies are retarded and cliche as well. The movement and fighting is clunky as best, downright annoying at worst. The story is stupid and horribly told. But somehow, this little turd of a game has found its way into my heart.

Power Quest (GBC)

A less than mediocre fighting game that is ridiculously easy, then ridiculously hard. Weak use of GBC color palette. Long and involved story about nothing. I think the music is what attracts me to this no-hitter because it actually has very good (but very short) tunes.

can't think of some others.....

share yours!

Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, and Braindead 13. Fantastic animation, crap games. But frustrating as they are I just can't stop playing them once I get started.

In that same vein, all games by American Laser Games (Mad Dog McCree, among others). Nothing like bad guys falling down in an extremely over exaggerated manner when you shoot em.

Most FMV games just tend to have some quirky charm that makes them worthwhile for me.

Enter The Matrix. Not really that crappy a game IMO, just not polished.

I was really enjoying that game for 2 whole minutes until my game crashed. I've never played a buggier game than that. I hope whoever made the decision to release that game at that time has been fired and will never again hold a job in the video game industry.

I like this thread.

Honestly, a lot of the games that I really like are considered crap by most.

Exhibit A: The Granstream Saga

grandstream_saga-logo.jpg

I don't think I've heard anything mentioned about this game, ever. In my opinion, this game has a very intruiging story, a great soundtrack (I've yet to find a PSF for it though), and the anime style cutscenes would've been awesome if the voice acting hadn't killed them.

Exhibit B: Shadow Madness

1412.jpg

Not many people have heard of this game, and I find that those who have heard of it usually hate it.

I thought this game had a great soundtrack, a really cool story and concept (everything on Disk 1 took place above ground, while the second Disk was of this strange/cool underground world). There were also some first person shooter style mini games, which is pretty much unheard of in an RPG (unless the RPG itself is from a first person perspective). There was also a battle avoidance system, where you would be able to avoid a battle by pressing a certain button when you heard a monster or enemy.

Exhibit C: Jim Power and the Lost Dimension in 3D

Jim-Power.jpg

This game, while having a ridulously long title, is actually pretty cool. It's also insanely difficult, and I've only made it to the beginning of the third level on hard mode. It's also worth noting that this game has an awesome soundtrack that is in dire need of some remixing.

Yes, Mystic Quest.

Why did everyone hate it? My theory is everyone hated it because it had the "Final Fantasy" title in front of it. Now granted, it was no FF III or IV (on the SNES of course), but come on, cut it some slack.

Jim Power in 3D: The Lost Dimension (SNES)

Lol, this game I swear, one of the hardest games ever. I have only passed the second level and it took me like a year. Rediculous, still a sweet game and a killer soundtrack.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA)

Now, I'm sure most of you would agree with me that you love this game (or at least are moderately interested in it granted it is Kingdom Hearts) but critics would have to shoot Square in the face for converting it to a card based game. Hell, I wanted to shoot Square. I hate that card-based crap almost as much as I hate Uwe Boll movies. Almost... But KH:COM made it good. I liked it. Rumor has it (As I'm sure most of you know) they are releasing a Kingdom Hearts Final Mix + with a full 3D version of COM being released in the fall. Yay.

I like this thread.

Honestly, a lot of the games that I really like are considered crap by most.

Exhibit A: The Granstream Saga

grandstream_saga-logo.jpg

I don't think I've heard anything mentioned about this game, ever. In my opinion, this game has a very intruiging story, a great soundtrack (I've yet to find a PSF for it though), and the anime style cutscenes would've been awesome if the voice acting hadn't killed them.

Exhibit B: Shadow Madness

1412.jpg

Not many people have heard of this game, and I find that those who have heard of it usually hate it.

I thought this game had a great soundtrack, a really cool story and concept (everything on Disk 1 took place above ground, while the second Disk was of this strange/cool underground world). There were also some first person shooter style mini games, which is pretty much unheard of in an RPG (unless the RPG itself is from a first person perspective). There was also a battle avoidance system, where you would be able to avoid a battle by pressing a certain button when you heard a monster or enemy.

Exhibit C: Jim Power and the Lost Dimension in 3D

Jim-Power.jpg

This game, while having a ridulously long title, is actually pretty cool. It's also insanely difficult, and I've only made it to the beginning of the third level on hard mode. It's also worth noting that this game has an awesome soundtrack that is in dire need of some remixing.

I like ur sig

I'm gonna say DMC3 just to make Cerrax mad. :D

Actually, I noticed a lot of flaws in Majora's Mask while playing it through the second time, but I still love it to death.

Actually I hate DMC3. I actually like DMC2 more than 3.

DMC>>>>>>>>DMC2>DMC3

Every version gets more commercialized and bastardized than the one before it. I shudder to think what DMC4 will be like. The previews already make me doubtful that I'll like it.

PS-If you notice in my sig, most of the pics are from 1 and 2. Only two of them are from 3, and one is from the preview for 4.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that FF Mystic Quest was, in fact, crap.

I played it and could not bring myself to enjoy it. It was oversimplified, or perhaps horribly rushed and underdeveloped. Things just sorta happened, and neither the graphics or the sound could redeem the poor layout.