Crap games we love

Cerrax

Baten Kaitos.

Fire BURST, Chronos BLOW, Light FLARE, Light FLARE, Fire BURST,

Ha~a! *hits enemy with a "ripe banana" card or some dumb shit which would not hurt*

It's because of her that I will never finished that game.

My GOD the bitch just clucks on and on and on. If you weren't stuck with her 90% of the time I could see myself actually picking it up again. She ruins everything.

Anyone know if the second one is any better or worse?

I use to play an SNES game called PTO (Pacific Theater of Operations) it was a shoddy turn based WWII sim from Koei. Everything about the game was either slow (combat, building units) or ugly (Music and Graphics that would a NES laugh out loud) but I really dug the game so much I got it on import.

Two words, Animal Crossing. This game for the Game Cube has the graphics of a game from the 64 and is only interesting for about 1 hour a day. But because the days in the game are exactly like days in real life I want to play everyday. During the game special events happen only on certain days and I don't want to miss these days either. Also because the game time is exactly like real time the store is only open at certain time of the day. So to recap... This game is not great but is very addictive.

Two words, Animal Crossing. This game for the Game Cube has the graphics of a game from the 64 and is only interesting for about 1 hour a day. But because the days in the game are exactly like days in real life I want to play everyday. During the game special events happen only on certain days and I don't want to miss these days either. Also because the game time is exactly like real time the store is only open at certain time of the day. So to recap... This game is not great but is very addictive.

Animal Crossing is a great game I do believe you are confused.

Fire BURST, Chronos BLOW, Light FLARE, Light FLARE, Fire BURST,

Ha~a! *hits enemy with a "ripe banana" card or some dumb shit which would not hurt*

It's because of her that I will never finished that game.

My GOD the bitch just clucks on and on and on. If you weren't stuck with her 90% of the time I could see myself actually picking it up again. She ruins everything.

Anyone know if the second one is any better or worse?

Well... you could just turn off the voice acting...

And Baten Kaitos: Origins has like 400 thousand times better voice acting and localization. Namco Hometek did the original, but Nintendo localized BK:O. Namco Hometek is known to suck at localizing stuff.

I am also only a Megaman fan when it comes to sidescrolling adventures. However, I hate to admit it, but I did play MM Legends all the way through. Wasn't impressed though. MM Lengends 2 was rediculous and the final boss was very very difficult in my opinion.
Megaman Legends (both) are considered crap? Really? Where? They are *EASILY* my favorite Megaman games, *EVER.* Also, the main guy to MML2 was really easy for me. Though, that might be because I had the laser cannon maxed out in every stat I could... Sure, I got beat up, but I had plenty of restoritive stuff. I'd be surprised if I spent even 5 minutes beating that boss... (I did spend about 24 hours total playing the game. There was probably a lot of time spent collecting Zenny so that I could upgrade weapons.)

I *really* need to go back through, and play MML1&2 again. If only I had the time... I still haven't even finished The Misadventures of Tronn Bonne (which, while it technically takes place in the MM universe, it's the farthest thing from a MM game that I've ever seen. Missions? Hunt down items? Puzzles? Where's the big bad guys? Not a whole lot of those to be found in that game... Not complaining mind you. I thought the game was great, and very light-hearted).

But yah, as far as I've ever seen, MML1&2 got decent reviews (IGN gave MML an 8.4, and MML2 got an 8.1. Even Tronn Bonne got a 7.5 from IGN. MM64 [MML ported to the N64] is the "black sheep" at a 4.5). So, I'm pretty sure this game (and series the MML series in general) doesn't belong in this thread. Mouser X out.

Im gonna say: Lufia, that game got me hooked, probably becuz was my first RPG, aside of its very good music, the graphics sucked and was a very repetitive game, and I hated to battle every damn second!

From the games of today I gotta say: Eagle-eye Golf for the PS2, its a rip-off of Hot shots golf but with uglier graphics and horrible voice acting and ok music but I like it :P

I have no idea what the reviews on this game were (good or bad), but it rarely ever gets mentioned so I nominate:

Silhouette Mirage (PS1)

Extremely colorful is probably the best way to describe it. The whole game concept could be described as "Huh?". The fighting sytem was kind of hard (turn left for red damage, turn right for blue). The bosses were retarded and rather difficult. But the whole game was just hilarious and addictive. I only beat it once, but I played it for 2 months straight. I might just decide to play it in a few.

I also throw in a vote for FFMQ. There are other games mentioned that I would vote on, but I'm suffering from short term memory loss right now, and cant be bothered to go back thru the thread.

And for those of you who continue to try to light the fire by using this thread as an excuse to say "FFVII/Metal Gear/Legend of Zelda/Mega Man SUCKS!!!!111!!1", do the rest of us a favor and shut the hell up. Its nice that you are capable of forming an opinion for yourselves (even if it did require outside help), but whether you like the games or not, we don't need to be reminded every single thread. God knows the rest of us already know where you stand.

I am also only a Megaman fan when it comes to sidescrolling adventures. However, I hate to admit it, but I did play MM Legends all the way through. Wasn't impressed though. MM Legends 2 was ridiculous and the final boss was very very difficult in my opinion.

Megaman Legends (both) are considered crap? Really? Where? They are *EASILY* my favorite Megaman games, *EVER.* Also, the main guy to MML2 was really easy for me. Though, that might be because I had the laser cannon maxed out in every stat I could... Sure, I got beat up, but I had plenty of restorative stuff. I'd be surprised if I spent even 5 minutes beating that boss... (I did spend about 24 hours total playing the game. There was probably a lot of time spent collecting Zenny so that I could upgrade weapons.)

The somewhat difficult bosses were the charm of the games for me when I was younger. Even if I got really frustrated trying to learn the best tactics to beat a boss, it was utterly satisfying to beat them.

Top Gear for the SNES all my friends hated but me.
Oh man, I really like this game. My cousin and I used to play the hell out of it.

And why was it so screwed up that the white car the only one worth using?

So lovable, especially with things like the speech bubbles when you use a nitro or hit something. I wasn't aware the majority thought it was crap though!

cave story if that counts as crap

Ummmm... no?

Read the first post, please =) and have a nice day!

Can't believe this hasn't turned into some kind of "flame war" yet ^^ Well, let's continue the thread...

How about the "Trogdor" game on homestarrunner.com? It's utterly bland and unfair, but sooo addictive!! You waste minutes upon minutes just so you can see "Fry 'em up, Dan!" one more time.... It makes fun of its own crappiness like no other game can.

Well... you could just turn off the voice acting...

And Baten Kaitos: Origins has like 400 thousand times better voice acting and localization. Namco Hometek did the original, but Nintendo localized BK:O. Namco Hometek is known to suck at localizing stuff.

Shit, I had just assumed there was no such option since many huge RPGs dont seem to let you do that. Hmmmm, I guess that makes the game playable now.

As for crap games I like, I guess Bubsy for snes. It was a total rip off of every platform game ever.

Talking animal hero: check

Wears random article of clothing: check

Has an "attitude:" check

Speaks in an early 90s lingo: check

Was marketed as the fasted coolest most original wild thang ever: check.

But I loved the bastard despite the cheese and originality.

Im gonna say: Lufia, that game got me hooked, probably becuz was my first RPG, aside of its very good music, the graphics sucked and was a very repetitive game, and I hated to battle every damn second!

ahahahahaha lufia = bad ahahahahahahaha are you SERIOUS?????

ok I guess it's time I contribute to this thread claymates freaking ROCKED...not sure if it classifies as a crap game though

Lufia? Bad? Eh. The story interested me, I liked the graphics and the music... the battles were nothing exciting but they weren't bad.

What was bad, then? THE ENCOUNTER RATE. Holy tap-dancing Cthulhu, that was insane. Its sequel, however, MORE then made up for ANY flaw the original had. It was much more unique; infact, the encounters weren't random, you could bump into an enemy to start, and they'd move a lot. You could nab them with arrows to freeze them... basically, clever tricks could cause you to avoid boring fights. The way they moved only when you did sort of reminds me of roguelikes.

Secret of Evermore...nothing more needs to be said about this game for me.

Still great production values. I'm not quite sure you can classify it as a thoroughly crap game.

My favorite bad game is Tom and Jerry for the NES. Ridiculously cheap and frustrating platform game I can't believe I beat.

And maybe Nightmare on Elm's Street NES 4 player. Possibly the worst 4 player ever made, but still strangely fun.

Although I wouldn't call all of them crap games, save for a few:

Starfox Adventures - Pretty hard at some parts, but I ended up beating it in a 5-day rental. It wasn't the best and a lot of people hated it, I loved it!

Quest 64 - I don't even remember if this was a bad game... All I remember was that it was hard as hell! I rented the game like 8 times when I was a kid but never got past the forest part. I forgot why, but there was something about it that I loved.

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - It definitely wasn't one of the great Final Fantasy games, but it was the only one I had. Because of this game I ended up renting Final Fantasy X and instantly became obsessed with the series. Now I own most of the games in some format or another.

Final Fantasy X-2 - I played it through a lot.

-Hated the story and how it ruined the first game.

-Only a few musical tunes I liked from it (Memories of Light & Wave, Besaid, Yuna's Theme...)

-Rikku looked like a Hawaiian hooker and was extremely annoying this time around.

-And they resurrected Tidus if you got the good ending. ARGH, I hated him!

But I still loved it for those same reasons and others. Battle system was cool too.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (GC) - Spent a lot of time with this too (especially the Chao garden). But as I grew up, I realized that this game really wasn't that good, and a lot of the voice-acting overlapped...

There are definitely more, just too lazy to mention them.

P.S. - Great topic!