Crap games we love

Cerrax

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (GC) - Spent a lot of time with this too (especially the Chao garden). But as I grew up, I realized that this game really wasn't that good, and a lot of the voice-acting overlapped...

Ha? Faker? I think you're the fake hedgehog. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even ILL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS

The voice acting was totally shitty, but it was a fun game. My fucking chaos never evolved :( I got a tails chao from doing one quest on Phantasy Star Online, that was pretty cool.

Ha? Faker? I think you're the fake hedgehog. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even ILL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS

Exactly, lol! Did it happen in the Dreamcast version too? Or was it due to the Gamecube having a better processor? *shrug*

Anyway, it was a fun game the first couple times through. :)

Marvel Nemesis. The missions are probably the worst things ever - I'm glad that all the game's content can be unlocked through versus mode - and nearly all the non-Marvel characters are depressingly lame, but throwing cars at people never gets old. Especially as Spider-Man or Magneto.

Pokemon snap if that counts :P.

Superman 64... I didn't really LIKE the game but I mean.. I thought it was hilariously bad. Playing it was funny. Thankfully I only rented it, though still kinda a waste of money but some good laughs :).

Ren and Stimpy: Veediots for SNES

Power Rangers the Movie for Sega Genesis

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for Gamecube if that counts as crap.

Rampage for N64.. pretty crappy.

Gauntlet for Gamecube.. how repetetive.. but fun.

MC Kids for NES. I used to play that like crazy with my bro when I was a wee lad. Haha it was trying to be so kid-friendly. Geez they made the characters a white kid and a black kid. How thoughtful. Fun though.. I gotta say. I HAVE to admit too.. I was playing this a few days ago XP. Nice game though it's all about McDonalds.

A Boy and His Blob for NES... don't know what else to say about this.. I had my fun with it though heh.

Darkman for Gameboy.. game made me laugh my ass off. It SUCKED though. I'd just play it for quick kicks and laughs.

Buster Busts Loose for SNES.. Tiny Toons game.. yeah. Pretty short, nice platformer.

Pacman 2: The New Adventures. Um well.. it was interesting. It was different. It was short, but a nice change from usual games, though Pacman was kinda a prick sometimes and wouldn't listen to you. You basically have a slingshot and that's how you interact with Pacman besides telling him to look in certain directions. It was hilarious too, the interactive environments. You could shoot people and they'll get mad at Pacman, break stuff.. AND another thing! Pacman had so many different emotions that would effect like what actions he'd do in certain scenarios. Pretty tight game.. Give it a try if you find the time.. and if you can find the game XP.

Glover.. it had a charm to it, though it was really bad. Couldn't get myself to finish it or even stick with it long, but I love the concept I've gotta say.

Bart's Nightmare and another old Simpson's videogame with like different stories that I can't remember. They were pretty interesting.

Cool Spot.. the one for Playstation AND the one for SNES. Yeah it was basically an advertisement.. hell I bought a lot of 7-up after playing the games. It worked. Not gonna say I didn't like the games though. But I could call them crap.

Sunset Riders for SNES

Uniracers for SNES

That's all I can think of right now :).

Someone else mentioned it in the first few pages, but I have to bring up Advent Rising again. Every review I've ever seen bashes the hell out of this game, but I absolutely adore it. From flipping all over the battlefield while wielding dual rocket launchers to using Push to deflect missiles right back at their launchers...the game does a hell of a job of making you feel like the baddest ass ever.

I also liked True Crime: New York City despite all its bad reviews. The controls were a little clunky, but I ended up liking the core gameplay a lot more than that of the GTA games.

I Guess by popular vote this game was crap but I loved it to death

Perfect Dark Zero was a ton of fun, I had one friend who absolutely hated it with a passion, but other then him all my friends loved it. I remember staying up till the wee hours of the morning on a couple occasions just playing X box live or trying to beat it on perfect agent, but I haven't heard one other person on the interweb share my opinion

Exactly, lol! Did it happen in the Dreamcast version too? Or was it due to the Gamecube having a better processor? *shrug*

Anyway, it was a fun game the first couple times through. :)

Apparently it was because the Japanese dialogue fit into the scene fine, but they had to attempt to mash the English dialogue into the same amount of time.

I love SA2: Battle. Even if it's got camera issues and all, there's a ton of variety in there.

I love SA2: Battle. Even if it's got camera issues and all, there's a ton of variety in there.

Sort of a mixed blessing, really. Sure, now that I've beaten the game I sometimes enjoy going back and replaying the Emerald hunting levels, but when I was playing it through for the first time I was endlessly pissed when a hunting level stopped me from getting at the speed-oriented levels I wanted to play at the time.

Don't be dissing the Cool Spot. Sure, it's a big fat 7up ad, but somehow they managed to make a top-notch game out of it.

Edit:

Too many people have been too hasty judging this game. I defend its honor regularly.

Agreed. I actually had more fun playing X-2, then X.

Also, Cobra Command, Road Avenger, Time Gal, and Way of the Ninja for the Sega CD. I always get a kick out of those crappy FMV games.

I loved Cool Spot as well, rented it quite a few times...never went out and bought it though.

One I'm gonna add to the table is Sonic Spinball. Sure it had its glitches(Agh I hated falling through the flippers if you moved to fast) and was kinda crappy but in some ways it just seemed better than it really was.

In Donkey Kong 64, you could unlock some really old old "Jetpac" game, in which you collect fuel that falls from the sky onto the unspecified planet/moon to refuel your ship, only to watch your fully fuelled rocket run out of fuel on the way up and come back down countless times, sometimes replaced by a newer, broken ship. And the fuel says "FUEL" on it. VERY addictive, very challenging (even a bit unfair), great replay (infinite levels of laser-shooting and flying madness). I don't know what it was made for, but each 16/16 square of pixels could only have two colours in it at once (black and another colour), and everything made little clicking or blipping noises. I've gotta look that game up.

And while I'm at it.. I kinda liked the rest of DK64 too.....

[Edit]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetpac

1983?? Written by one guy!? Wow I take that back, that game is NOT crap, not in the least. But I still love it ^^ And the wikipedia entry even has some images with a humourous caption - this game made my day... or at least the previous two minutes of it....

I Guess by popular vote this game was crap but I loved it to death

Perfect Dark Zero was a ton of fun, I had one friend who absolutely hated it with a passion, but other then him all my friends loved it. I remember staying up till the wee hours of the morning on a couple occasions just playing X box live or trying to beat it on perfect agent, but I haven't heard one other person on the interweb share my opinion

I wouldn't really call it crap. It was disappointing after how awesome the original PD was, but by no means crap. So don't worry, I share your opinion.

I find A Boy and his Blob quite addictive. And that music... it gets stuck in your head for days at a time.

A truly crap game I've had fun with has to be... ET. Yes, that blasted little alien on the 2600. When I first found our old Atari, I knew I had to play this game. I found some kind of sick amusement in shouting at the TV and wrenching that poor little joystick.

Chopper Attack for the N64 (aka Wild Choppers in Japan).

Not neccessarily crap, but definately not a good game either. Hell-as-short campaign, and no multiplayer, and not to mention way too easy to beat.

What I do love about this game is just the SHMUPs factor here; basically, it's fun blowing crap up. And the music is cool, albeit repetative.