OCR00035 - Gradius "X"

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hmm, despite of the fact that it's really short, I really enjoyed this mix. Somehow the slightly weird sounds used in it always cheer me up a bit, and I think everything blends really nicely.

I know this mix is rather old, but it felt wrong to see that there had only been more or less negative response to it.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm disappointed that this wasn't longer.

The sitar-like sounds makes me feel like this was performed near the Taj-Mahal. The combination of a shoot 'em up theme with Indian musical vibes make for a real interesting mental image.

I'm not ~that~ familiar with the source tune, but apparently, this mix is a little to close to it. Ultimately, I think its ok except for its length.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sounds like he did this in a tracker. It definitely has a really noticeable tracker sound to it (crud samples without any of the neat tracker fx used).

Yeah, there's really not much here. His castlevania mix had some interesting parts, but there isn't much of note to talk about with this one.

I guess my review is gonna be as short and disappointing as this mix was :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hahahahahahahahaha. That ending. Yes! YES!

This has to, HAS TO, persevere through any and all lockdowns. I will not hear a word against this mix. We must strive to keep this mix on the site forever.

This mix is so overshadowed by djpretzel's take on the same tune that was released not too long afterwards. If this one wasn't whipped up in under an hour, it will be just plain embarassing.

Who's with me? Let's campaign to keep X on the site! Why? For as good a reason as any. It belongs here because it doesn't belong here. I hope that is well understood.

Judges, Vote Yes for X next lockdown. Appease to it's one semi-fan.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Oh my god.

The only reason this is sort of good is that the original tune is catchy. And there are at least a few other, arguably better ways to consume that particular brand of coffee. 

A sitar-y version of this theme would be neat. But not a one minute midi with no actual ending ><

C'est la vie. Better luck next time!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00035 - Gradius "X"