OCR00172 - Chrono Trigger "Millennial Fair 2001"

Ginnsu

Chrono Trigger 'Millenial Fair 2001'

This one makes me wish that Millenniums would happen more often. I guess I’ll just have to stick to using that catch phrase “Let’s party like its 2999!” every time I play this one. Zeratul seriously deserves a lot of props for this piece. He puts together electronic pieces based on game melodies, and still maintains the feeling and inspiration of the original song like not many people can. I especially like the voice sample in this piece. Excellent work, Zeratul, keep us dancing.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow...if they ever redo this game over again, they should definitely use your song Zeratul. I love it. Such a lovely upbeat song, perfect for celebrating...uhh, well, I don't know...maybe a new millenium like at uhhh, well....this may sound crazy, but perhaps a Millenial Fair?

Wish I heard this song at the turn of the new millenium, woulda been perfect. Keep it up my man!

This song kicks ass, Millenial Style!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i downloaded this one when it first came up (i wasn't a member then)

it's great to hear this song over and over again.

just like Ginnsu said, it does make me wish a millieum would happen more often.

This is a great techno track. The BD is very well done with enough punch to get those Sub woofers going, but not too much where it blows out peoples ears and kills everyone.

This track has a very interesting melody arrangment/variation. great work with it.

Very nice intro, barely there but gets louder.

The voices are good, but was unexpected. at first i didn't understand what he was saying. the second time i turned it up and listened even closer. got it! now it makes sense with the song.

this is a great track, done very well, and deserves to keep its place on oc remix!!

• 9 months later...
ick

that's all i have to say

everything that i DON'T want in a techno piece

What have you been smoking? really I want to know. This song has everything, A light breezy melody, perfectly suited for a fair or carnival. It has the obligatory quotes that make you say "What was that?". AND it's from Chrono Trigger. beat that!

• 5 months later...

I am amazed that the remixer made this excellent remix, and you not ONLY not show appreciation, yet you are negative? This is a remix to a chronotrigger tune, meaning it is related to chronotrigger, and everything, i mean EVERYTHING even related to chronotrigger is pure magic that brings the gamer back to the game, so to speak.

Man, I love chronotrigger.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Why do you have a millennial fair when it´s not a new millennium? 2001 is not a new millennium, you´re one year to late dude. :lol:

However, the mix was great and at the same time funny, beats flying through the air and synths and techno sounds just swirls around ya. But I felt that the history flashback in the middle did´nt quite fit in.

Really liked the techno though.

You can have my millennial party every year, Zeratul.

I just hope you can wait a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

as basic as it gets, this is no song to remember, almost plain techno. So if you're a sucker for cliché techno which makes up this song almost entirely- barring the sudden fullstop/restart at :50- or just the upbeat millenial fair music, you might like it. Otherwise, there is nothing to be heared here.

• 11 months later...

Some light dissonance in the intro chords, but nothing to completely get my out of it; it actually made me listen a little closer. Cool ideas on the lead, but as for production, it's a bit middle-of-the-road.

The quotes? No thanks.

The transition to the piano wasn't really expected, and I don't think it really worked. Once it got more dancey, I was further onboard, but overall this one shows it age pretty prominently. There are some good points, but plenty of room to improve.

One strong point was the kick has some decent heft to it, and had it's rhythms switched up enough to be pretty engaging.

• 6 years later...

Not going to say that I don't like this, but this didn't do as much for me as I would have liked. Basic and simple electronic with a couple of effects that just didn't gel with me. There is a decent foundation, but in the end, I can't really say that I'm a fan of this one.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00172 - Chrono Trigger "Millennial Fair 2001"
  • 7 years later...