OCRA-0003 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Hedgehog Heaven

ProjectSpam

Oh man, I had no idea this had gone up. Crazy.

Heh, I must say, I'm not particularly proud of the track I made. I'd been meaning to get back to it, but no big deal. Regardless, it's called "Sonikku Ganbatte!", not "Ganbattle". Someone might want to fix that somewhere. Also, I prefer to go by afish over mario. Whatever, I'm downloading the torrent right now, can't wait to give it a listen. Glad to see it's come to fruition. Great job everyone!

BTW, I don't know if you guys realized when counting tracks for S3&K, but the OST's for both acts of a same zone could be considered as only one, since they're only variations of one another...

Indeed. Let's see... S&K doesn't have too many tracks...

01 Titles

02 Angel Island

03 Hydrocity

04 Marble Garden

05 Carnival Night

06 Ice Cap (everyone's favorite)

07 Launch Base

08 Mushroom Hill

09 Flying Battery

10 Sandopolis

11 Lava Reef

12 Hidden Palace (a very different version of Lava Reef)

13 Sky Sanctuary

14 Death Egg

Those are the only stages. Then there are 5 races (like Azure Lake and Chrome Gadget), plus 2 menus, and some scattered themes. It works out to perhaps 25 tracks.

As a newbie, I'm excited to witness the start of a project (I'm all up for it :D), but we should let Richter and everybody take a big breath after over a year of hard work now paid off. Congratulations everybody, Hedgehog Heaven kicks ass.

There was an "l" missing from mario's "Sonikku Ganbattle!"

Nah. The 'l' was never supposed to be there, if you read his post a page or two up.

01 Titles

02 Angel Island

03 Hydrocity

04 Marble Garden

05 Carnival Night

06 Ice Cap (everyone's favorite)

07 Launch Base

08 Mushroom Hill

09 Flying Battery

10 Sandopolis

11 Lava Reef

12 Hidden Palace (a very different version of Lava Reef)

13 Sky Sanctuary

14 Death Egg

15 Doomsday

14 zones, 5 races, main title/invincible, menu, race results, 3 bonus stages, special stage, Knuckles' theme, 3 boss themes, Sonic 3 credits.

That should be everything. 31 total, but the bonus stages could be mixed into one track, and race results isn't exactly important (or nearly as catchy as its Sonic 2 counterpart).

This could be done, with better initial management than HH and a little cooldown time. Good luck to anyone crazy enough to try and pull one together. :P

Well, having heard them all, I'm still greatly impressed. :D

I love every last track, and my only 'slight' problem is that it's kind of hard for me to recognize the original song in Aquatic Project. But it's a great one anyway, so it is a very slight problem that isn't too much of a bother. :wink:

Great work sticking this through, guys. Especially you, Richter. *salutes*

Wow thanks, that means a lot, seriously....

The problem with aquatic ruins is the fact that the original is just plain crap, making it not crap means adding lots of original material to it...didnt wanna, but with how i was writing it, i didn't have much of a choice

AS FOR A SONIC 3&K PROJECT....

i will give it a nice semi big HEEEEELL NO!

I am quite sick of sonic mixing, if i gonna mix any more sonic music, its gonna be on my terms not anyone elses. I picked aquatic ruins in HH cause i already had it started...OH BUT GUESS WHAT? it was shit...just pure shit...sooo started over about TWELVE times to get what you hear now.

So thats my thoughts on it all, call me an asshole if u want, i dont care, ive had enough, no more projects for me.

THATS ALL I GOT FOR NOW!

BYE

Well, Sadorf, you lost my respect. But good luck in the remixing community :wink:

I lost your respect? haha

whys that? cause i replied to a comment about not recognizing aquatic ruins in the whole thing and that i had no choice but to write what i wrote because the original song is a bit poop and went in my own direction so i could work with the song better?

oooor, is it the fact that i am sick of all the projects, and dont want to be involved in them?

Seriously, having a couple projects? thats fine...but having so many go on like this...it will get old pretty fast...no wait... already is getting old.

If i can make people lose my respect that they didnt have anyways, by stating MY thoughts and opinions, then shit, i hope everyone feels the same way as you do, will just show how narrowminded everyone is.

Kadosho says i was belittling myself. I dont see how i belittled myself, all i said was that i had to put a lot of original stuff into the song because of the way the original was wrote.

If you all wanna get pissy about everything i say, go ahead, its not gonna hurt anyone.

Well, Sadorf, you lost my respect. But good luck in the remixing community :wink:

I lost your respect? haha

whys that? cause i replied to a comment about not recognizing aquatic ruins in the whole thing and that i had no choice but to write what i wrote because the original song is a bit poop and went in my own direction so i could work with the song better?

oooor, is it the fact that i am sick of all the projects, and dont want to be involved in them?

Seriously, having a couple projects? thats fine...but having so many go on like this...it will get old pretty fast...no wait... already is getting old.

If i can make people lose my respect that they didnt have anyways, by stating MY thoughts and opinions, then shit, i hope everyone feels the same way as you do, will just show how narrowminded everyone is.

Kadosho says i was belittling myself. I dont see how i belittled myself, all i said was that i had to put a lot of original stuff into the song because of the way the original was wrote.

If you all wanna get pissy about everything i say, go ahead, its not gonna hurt anyone.

Notice I put a wink there? Dude, it was just a sly joke comment. You can untangle your panties now.

well I heard practically ALL of the aquatic ruins versions from sadorf. I used to like the first one very much, but I can't say that I don't enjoy this one a lot. It has a much more professional sound than the first versions, and its one of the cleaner sounding songs in the project. I agree that Sadorf changed the melody a lot, but I have no problem with it.

I've listened to the entire project several times now, and I must say, the remixes on this project are among the best I've heard. I commend your excellent work!

Sadorf: While I will agree that the original melody is not easily recognisable, I still love your mix. ...I never really liked Aquatic Ruin's Music anyway...

analoq: Kickass work as always...

S|r NutS: ^ See above ^

Hadyn: You said that you believe your tracks aren't as good as the others on the project. WTF? THEY'RE FREAKIN AWESOME! 'Party in the Emerald Hills' is one of my favorite tracks on the album!

Richter: 'Radio Results' is AWESOME! Not only is the song itself really really good, the mock radio broadcasts are hilarious! 'Tripping On Mario Paint'?!? Excellent!!!! Good job on other the other tracks as well!