OCRA-0003 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Hedgehog Heaven

ProjectSpam

Wow... I downloaded the entire a while ago and casually tossed aside along with all the other massive amounts of remixes I have been downloading. However, I was organizing and decided to invest my ears more specifically. I have always been most fond of the S&K3 soundtrack, but I liked this bit here. It was all nicely done. My favorite track is Oil Spill and couple other honorable mentions are Super Sonic Ska, Emerald Nights, and Hidden Palace Future, but they're all impressively good. Good work.

• 3 weeks later...

OMFG WHAT AN OLD PROJECT!!!

yeah well...

Being bored can lead to things people may or may not like...and either way iw ill share it with you all, if you hate it? fuck you. if you like it? awesome. heh

As we all know, my track for the project, aquatic project, had its flaws for various reasons, here i will share the main reason.... i worked with same fuckin song for far too long and got sick of it blah blah so final was rushed etc..

see wasnt that fun? yeah..well then

cause i am bored and dont wanna work on anything else, i will give you all an updated version. while it still has flaws, it is closer to what i wanted it to be to begin with, and if i keep workin on.... i dunno.

so here:

http://66.221.70.133/sadorf/Sonic2/Sonic2_AquaticProject_Edit2.mp3

people hated that they couldnt tell what it was a remix of....well thats too fuckin bad cause i will not be touching the arrangement..this is only for mastering and switching up sounds to make sound gud...

thats all i got for now i think...

OMFG BYE

[iTS 7:34AM SO IF YOU HAVE PROBS READING THIS SHIT...AH WELL]

• 3 weeks later...

FYI...

The recent Slashdot exposure caused 8,000 hits in like... what 8 hours? Not bad! Plus it made me realize the primary mirror was down. So that's fixed.

There might be some site-wide downtime soon but if there is it will be remedied quickly. Also thank you everybody for all the great feedback!

Sorry for the bump. That's all. Now back to Dark Side of Phobos!

ehh... huh?

I must have registered back in 2002, forgot all about it, and re-registered again in 2003... oops!

I can't login to that account anymore, I don't even remember the password! So, if anybody here can delete users, #927 (jeffreymr) should go!

So, here's my current profile

EDIT: Don't want to double post, so here...

I just discovered a tool that lets you play the Sonic 2 rom (in Gens or Gens+), but replaces the soundtrack with MP3s. There's actually a batch file made specifically for the project MP3s. Check it out at:

http://randomsonicnet.org/srz/s2music/s2mp3.html

• 2 weeks later...

Did a Wikipedia page for the project based on a template from Rmrfstar's Kong in Concert Wiki entry (which I also updated). Check it out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgehog_Heaven, and of course Matt or anyone else that can genuinely contribute to the page is encouraged to fix any potential inaccuracies and provide additional details for the project. Dan: "Hello Larry, this is Mustin." - Larry: "WHAAAAAAAAT?!?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to OCR's bittorrent tracker, the torrent has been downloaded over 10,000 times! (Right now, it's only surpassed by Kong In Concert, with over 11,500.)

So... yeah, congratulations guys.

EDIT: Some more project-related news:

The VG Frequency episode that featured 'Hedgehog Heaven' (#52) has been released for download.

Check out the VG Frequency Thread for more info.

EDIT AGAIN: After reading the wiki page, I decided to fix the tracklisting on the back label to match the 'correct' list. Here is the download link for the JPG and PNG file (zipped):

YOUSENDIT: http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3O4HW1LIK3AHM1R5OJVX9KIR9G

MEGAUPLOAD: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KNS63VOP

• 2 weeks later...

Hetcenus: I believe there was some track name mixup back when the project was still in progress.

This was taken from the 'Next My Generation' (Sonik Metro) OCR review page:

anyways, long story short:

during the course of the project two of my remix names got mixed up.

this wasn't the one i wanted on OCR to 'debut' the project.

• 3 months later...

A really fine job on those tracks i must admit - heh irony is they've been laying couple of weeks on my hard drive before I've actually listened to them - then again i realised how stupid i was to wait =/

Anyways i think Snyderman made really intresting remix

also the "Hidden palace future" is intresting remix.

Keep the good work if any new projects are ahead :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...