OCR01548 - Pictionary "Person, Place or Groove?"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
This mix has survived in my winamp playlist for several days! Thats a great compliment from my side. Its a really smooth, enyoyable mix. Like the piano stuff, after a few listens the melodies/arpeggios become obvious/natural.. Gotta check out the source.. Keep up the good work m8!

Good to hear, GaMeBoX. I've been enjoying your mixes a lot recently as well.

And thanks for the comments, people. This song was made purely for Larry and his Dirge for Follin project, but I like to think that others can just lay back with their headphones on and chill to the music while playing some online Pool or something.

I really dig the beginning with its market place kind of feeling, and I'm very happy that the voices can be heard time and again throughout the song.

The piano may not be live, but what you did with it is absolutely awesome. The fade out in the end is kinda lame in my opinion, probably something like the chatter in the beginning would have been better.

Great song, even if it's rather on the short side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This ReMix is awesome!

I'm not ashamed to say that I shake my tail to this song8) The crowd and piano with that groovy bass is genius! It's got a certain smoothness yet motion that just makes you want to dance...

Keep up the great work Mr. Orichalcon! :)!!

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Nice use of background crowd noise on this one, it really gives it a solid backing atmosphere and a great mental picture as well.

I thought the bass used sounded a bit midi-esque, but the rest of the sounds used were fantastic. I love that bright, cutting piano sound. It's not even close to being grounded in reality, and I think that is what makes it so appealing to me. Overall the sequencing was pretty rigid, but somehow it works. I think it would have been more effective sounding more natural, but it almost has a Disneyland feel to it. You can tell everything is fake, but it's fake done so well that it makes it's own rules.

An awesome party track, i'd have this as bg music at a BBQ. :-)

• 8 months later...

I really like the atmosphere, the background crowds.

It's almost like being in a mall or something.

Wow, this is a cool mix.

The piano here is awesome.

It's interesting seeing some of the other reactions to this mix.

I personally find this a mellow, quasi-jazz style, others find it aa party background music or as a dancing track. It's rare to find a track that has been so versatiably labeled by the community.

I really like the atmosphere, the background crowds.

It's almost like being in a mall or something.

Wow, this is a cool mix.

The piano here is awesome.

It really is.

I still listen to this one all the time. It's one of those ones that grows on you the more you hear it. Really great remix.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01548 - Pictionary "Person, Place or Groove?"